PDA

View Full Version : iPhone not synching all photos from selected album?

Reubania
10th August 2008, 01:21 PM
I use to have 144 photos on my dedicated "iPhone" folder on iPhoto 6 - it synched nicely with my 3G iPhone.

Now updating on Leopard and using iPhoto 7.1.4, although 144 photos are listed in the "iPhone" folder, the Photo synching section of iTunes only lists 75 photos to be synched. This is rather annoying.

I've tried creating a new folder in iPhoto, renaming it...but to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to get all of the 144 photos onto my iPhone. :mad:

Edit: I've just installed and restored firmware 2.0.1 and no avail

Madone
10th August 2008, 01:25 PM
I use to have 144 photos on my dedicated "iPhone" folder on iPhoto 6 - it synched nicely with my 3G iPhone.

Now updating on Leopard and using iPhoto 7.3.1, although 144 photos are listed in the "iPhone" folder, the Photo synching section of iTunes only lists 75 photos to be synched. This is rather annoying.

I've tried creating a new folder in iPhoto, renaming it...but to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to get all of the 144 photos onto my iPhone. :mad:

Edit: I've just installed and restored firmware 2.0.1 and no avail

Have you checked in iTunes what albums are syncing? If the album you want is not in the list, you'll have to go back into iPhoto and create an album with the photos you want in them.

Reubania
10th August 2008, 01:30 PM
Yes. I've selected the "iPhone" album I'd created. In iPhoto it lists 144 photos. BUT in iTunes, it is listing this "iPhone" album to contain only 75 photos. WHY is there a discrepancy?

OK - found the discrepancy. Although iPhoto displays the photos, when I try to "edit" them, it comes up blank. So it must mean the photos are not in my directory. Which is odd, since I've loaded/imported them directly from my old iPhoto folder from Tiger.

Edit: I am missing files from iPhoto which are displayed as thumbnails, but the file does not exist (probably due to improper importing (ie. only the cache and not the actual files). I am currently importing my entire library and "do not import on duplicates".

Mods: Please close this thread

dboymc81
13th July 2010, 10:40 PM
i can even copy anything to my new folder in iPhoto. i just tried it for the first time. It shows its importing. but the folder stays empty. :(