PDA

View Full Version : To Do App with alarm

mezza
9th August 2008, 11:34 PM
I used to be able to write myself a note on my old Nokia & set an alarm to remind me to do something. Does anyone know of a To Do app or similar that has an alarm? Thanks.

Kuma
9th August 2008, 11:49 PM
Omnifocus?

reemixx
10th August 2008, 12:21 AM
The iPhone's calendar app has 'calendar alerts' which you can turn on and off in settings. You could create a new calendar just for a to do list, set the times for each task and enable alerts (settings > sounds > calendar alerts - on by default). A short sound will play and a reminder will pop up on your screen.

mezza
10th August 2008, 12:42 AM
The iPhone's calendar app has 'calendar alerts' which you can turn on and off in settings. You could create a new calendar just for a to do list, set the times for each task and enable alerts (settings > sounds > calendar alerts - on by default). A short sound will play and a reminder will pop up on your screen.

Thanks - I already knew about that one. If you are not near your iphone or in a noisy environment, the brief sound the alert makes is easily missed. I was thinking more along the lines of an alarm or sound that repeats for 30 secs or 1 min to get your attention.

marc
10th August 2008, 12:50 AM
Don't the Cal alarms continue for at least 1min until you attend to them?

I use a combination of cal alarms and the alarms in the Clocks app (for things in the next 24 hours). They both work really well. The Timer in Clocks is great for things like parking too.

Don't need a 3rd party app at all!

TheWatchman
11th August 2008, 07:04 PM
How about Clock? I just set an alarm and name it what I need to be doing, works well.

NathR32
11th August 2008, 10:21 PM
How about Clock? I just set an alarm and name it what I need to be doing, works well.

Ditto. You can keep adding them and just turn the ones you want to ON.

mezza
15th August 2008, 11:01 AM

Thanks. I'll try the clock alarm.