PDA

View Full Version : Why won't iTunes show my number?

dinoo
8th August 2008, 06:13 PM
Not a big problem, and I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been asked, so sorry in advance.

iTunes doesn't want to show my mobile number. Nor will it show in my contacts at the very top. When I put in my PrePaid sim, both show the number.

What gives?

dotComrade
8th August 2008, 06:14 PM
Are you with Optus? this happens with me also... I am guessing it is something that Optus have done wrong with their carrier settings.

DeKa
8th August 2008, 06:15 PM
Did you port your number to the SIM? My Nokia 6280 doesn't show "my number" when I select that option, as I ported my number to the SIM. If I put in a prepaid SIM which has the number it came with, "my number" works.

I'm not sure of it - but that's the pattern I've seen.

dinoo
8th August 2008, 07:15 PM
Nah, new number on Optus.

Weird.

Shintaro
8th August 2008, 10:38 PM
Some phones have an option to save your number to sim, I used an old Samsung D500, saved my number to sim & now iTunes and the iPhone show my number.

Do a search as there was a thread on this last year.

Hope it helps.

kyte
8th August 2008, 10:47 PM
Did you port your number to the SIM? My Nokia 6280 doesn't show "my number" when I select that option, as I ported my number to the SIM. If I put in a prepaid SIM which has the number it came with, "my number" works.

I'm not sure of it - but that's the pattern I've seen.

Shouldn't make any difference. I've ported my number from virgin to isim to virgin and then telstra and it shows, always has since I got my iPhone last year.