PDA

View Full Version : Should I bother complaining to Optus?

initial
8th August 2008, 11:00 AM
Ok here is my story. I did a raincheck with optus on the 11th and received my iphone a week later on the 18th but the problem was with my account. It wasn't working and it would show no service on the top left had corner. So i called up optus support on the 18th and told them my problem. They said that the account wasn't activated yet, so they activated. I was told it would take 1 - 2 days for it to get activated, so i waited. One week later on the 25th still nothing so i called them up again. They told me the account still wasn't activated and that they would try and activate it again. So I waited finally 1 and a half weeks later on Saturday the 2nd my account was finally activated. The thing is that I was sent my bill yesterday and the billing period was from the 11th of June until the 4th of August. I think its unfair that I should have to pay for the bill if my account only started working less than a week ago.

So should I call up and complain or just pay the bill and get over it?

Chr1s
8th August 2008, 11:04 AM
The bill starts from the day you sign the contract (I think), so yeah you probably have to pay it... It would be a different story if they were charging you for phone calls you didn't make, but you're expected to pay the monthly fee no matter what.

Having said that, I'm no expert... maybe I shouldn't have posted, I didn't really add much to the discussion. :D

But my vote would be for 'no', don't bother complaining.

craigd
8th August 2008, 11:04 AM
That will not be an issue, just call them explain it to them and they will not charge you for it. simple

Erwin
8th August 2008, 11:07 AM
I would complain and I am sure they won't charge you for that time.

mallo
8th August 2008, 11:12 AM
yep, give them a call, they're generally pretty good about stuff like that, they should credit you for the couple weeks you where not actually active,

let us know how you go.

craigd
8th August 2008, 11:12 AM
No way at all, you are obliged to pay for a service that they are supplying, no service supplied no charge, things outside of there control ie weather, war etc is not there responsibility but the fact they haven't activated it not your issue