PDA

View Full Version : What Are Real Networks Up To?

adamjc
21st April 2005, 12:34 PM
Was on my Windows pc and a message alert came up from Real Player for me to click read...so I did of course.

Says that "On April 26, we are changing the rules of the Internet again, and digital music will never be the same. I can't say more now...."

Have attached image for you to look at, with entire article otherwise CLICK HERE TO VIEW ARTICLE (http://www.real.com/realcom/preview/mail?pageid=teaserPage&src=050426IPMrpALL_revolution%2Cteaser&pcode=rn&opage=teaser)

Could it be a worldwide release of its Online music store? Guess we will have to wait till April 26 to find out!

Let me know what you think.

Adam.

sikosis
21st April 2005, 01:14 PM
I use to be a big advocate for Real, but they really lost the ball with their streaming tech.

Plus their player is so "in-yer-face" with popups and registering and the like, I prefer NOT to use it.

zac
21st April 2005, 01:27 PM
Wow. That is spooky. What is Glaser up to? He is trying to put on the Steve 'we have a revolutionary product thats going to change the universe' tone. Arg - I am so curious now.

bender
21st April 2005, 02:02 PM
I just hope they're using some of their 'innovative' ideas to create a proper media player that streams properly. I don't miss RP at all, especially the word 'BUFFERING'.

hawker
21st April 2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah REAL went down hill... and I agree they bring a really bad meaning to the word buffering. How worldwide can a music store be? if it was that easy, Apple ITMS would be here already :)

feeze
21st April 2005, 02:10 PM
-Real player started the internet multimedia revolution
-invented internet streaming
-first music store with music from all labels
-first intergrated music jukebox

I've hardly ever used Real Networks products, is this all true or is Glaser talking out his arse?

bzchi
21st April 2005, 02:31 PM
Sums it up really. ;)

Phillip
21st April 2005, 04:40 PM
I am excited to see what happens :) Frankly I think Apple is starting to rest on it's laurels with the whole music store and music player lines. It would be great to see Apple pressured to innovate again.

LCGuy
23rd April 2005, 04:51 PM
There's a reason as to why i call it "FakePlayer" instead of "RealPlayer". ;)

spargo
24th April 2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by adamjc@Apr 21 2005, 03:34 AM
Could it be a worldwide release of its Online music store? Guess we will have to wait till April 26 to find out!
Good input adamjc - and good to see you back onboard! You seemed to vanish from ATAU for a while there!

It would be great if you can keep an eye on this and update the topic with any information when/if this big event happens.. If you're the first to find out, it'd be great if you could also submit a News post on the main page..

Hope the iPod is going well ;)