PDA

View Full Version : File Management?

barton
6th August 2008, 10:14 PM
i just got an iphone today and am kinda loving it but what seems to be missing is like a My Documents folder type thing on it?

I have a few PDF's and a few word doc's that i always refer to every few days but for life of me cant work out how to sync a folder of files. i presumed i would maybe need some type of viewer to read them, but thought i could at least put them on the device.

am i missing something really obvious?

reemixx
6th August 2008, 10:18 PM
Nope, there's no way to do this with the iPhone itself out of the box, you'll need to buy an app from the App Store. There's a couple on there at the moment, FileMagnet springs to mind, but the one I'm waiting for is DataCase (http://www.veiosoft.com/).

cmanou
6th August 2008, 10:25 PM
There is also another one in the app store called Files

reemixx
6th August 2008, 10:33 PM
There is also another one in the app store called Files

Bingo, that's the one I couldn't remember the name of. Thanks.

(no idea which is better, by the way - haven't used any of them)

chrsha01
6th August 2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the forums barton! :)

FileMagnet, which is available for $5.99 from the App Store is great for viewing documents like PDFs on your iPhone.

I use it and it's great, it has a few minor hiccups like occasion 'lock-downs' and closes, but despite this, it's a excellent app.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284797161&mt=8

nortonjg
6th August 2008, 10:40 PM
any free apps that do this?

Muzza_77
6th August 2008, 10:43 PM
if you want to, you can just email the pdf to yourself, and then read it from mail...

reemixx
6th August 2008, 10:45 PM
any free apps that do this?

Not short of jailbreaking your iPhone, as far as I know.

I guess there's always email.

Edit: Beaten to it.

yayo
7th August 2008, 04:59 PM
Read the overview of Files carefully, it is misleading. The files are actually not stored on your phone.

hatstand
7th August 2008, 07:23 PM
is there an app that will allow storage/ forwarding of sms? real backward step atm, real pain when i try to forward a message to a colleague( not all have email access)