PDA

View Full Version : Optus raincheck system a complete mess

zaphod6502
6th August 2008, 10:10 PM
Stock has started trickling in to OW stores finally. It appears though many people have started getting their rainchecked phones before people at the front of the list. Both OptusWorld Civic and OptusWorld Macquarie have been doing this.

I for one will never be buying another phone from an OptusWorld store ever again in this lifetime. :mad:

MacRobbo
6th August 2008, 10:24 PM
Thats really quite unfair. Do you mean people are walking out with an iPhone the day they sign the contract? It should be priority to give iPhones to rainchecked customers!!! Hopefully this isnt happening at my nearest Optus store, planning to sign a contract this weekend.

mitty
6th August 2008, 10:25 PM
i'm kind of intrigued how it's meant to work. When you raincheck a phone with optus, do you actually sign up and get a sim but not a phone? Or are they just putting your name down and calling you when stock arrive and then it's first in best dressed?

They should simply extend the deposit system. You pay a deposit, which you don't get back til you pick up the phone.

so glad i lined up on launch day.

the_doctor
6th August 2008, 10:46 PM
I rain checked with Optus on the launch day. Haven't heard from them since. Luckily I bought one outright from Telstra a few days later.