PDA

View Full Version : iPhone screen not coming on

snowman
6th August 2008, 05:45 PM
HI All - anyone else had this? SCreen wont work - plugged into PC can be read. Restored (incl new firmware), restore worked...still nothing on screen!

How long do you think it would take to get a replacement from Optus? I'm due to go away on Sunday :( :( :( :(

boddiz
6th August 2008, 05:47 PM
Not sure, but wont be ready by Sunday.

snowman
6th August 2008, 10:11 PM
ok, update: after a couple of hours i pushed the button and the screen flashed, so I did the actions to turn it off even though I couldnt see it, and it seemed to work. Half an hour later I turned it back on - it worked intermittently for a while, but has worked ok for the last hour and a half, so the restore might have taken............I'll leave it for now as I really want it for my trip, but I'll take my old Nokia with me just in case!

reemixx
6th August 2008, 10:23 PM
Do you mean the screen doesn't work completely, or just the backlight doesn't work? I remember someone else having a problem with the backlight, then doing a restore and suddenly it's fine. So you might be okay.

Other people have had this problem:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Backlight not working ... (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1604225)

snowman
6th August 2008, 10:34 PM
Do you mean the screen doesn't work completely, or just the backlight doesn't work? I remember someone else having a problem with the backlight, then doing a restore and suddenly it's fine. So you might be okay.

Other people have had this problem:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Backlight not working ... (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1604225)

I dont think its the backlight as I couldnt see anything at all - it was complately blank

snowman
8th August 2008, 07:52 AM
Nope screen is totally dead now. I can still see the phone on the PC - looks like I'll have to go back to my old Nokia for my holiday. Grrr was looking forward to having net with me :(