PDA

View Full Version : Strange Issue, iPod Plays at Random

iMic
6th August 2008, 04:53 PM
I've just bought my iPhone 3G and just love it, but one little problem gets on my nerves.

For some reason at random, the iPod will begin playing, It's particularly annoying when i'm trying to use the calculator in class or so on.

I have reason to suspect the headphones or jack, if you nudge the plug it begins playing, and can equally stop playing by that same trick.

Is there a specific requirement about headphones with the 3G, or should I be concerned?

Cheers
- MB

Tiprya
6th August 2008, 05:15 PM
Well if you pull out the headphones while it is playing then it will stop - but conversely, it won't start again if you put the headphones back in.

This leads me to suspect its not headphone related because nothing about the headphone jack ever makes it start playing.

Weird issue...

cmanou
6th August 2008, 05:17 PM
are u sure your not pushing the mic cause that plays and pauses the music

iMic
6th August 2008, 05:31 PM
I'm using a set of aftermarket headphones at the moment with no play/pause button or microphone. On the Philips headphones the connector has three "rings", two and then a double length one. With the iPhone headphones though, that double length one is in two pieces to cater for the button or mic.

Is there any known issues with aftermarket headphones? I have a feeling it's playing havoc with the phone.

iMic
8th August 2008, 09:14 PM
Just an update, the problem doesn't happen with the iPhone standard earbuds. I think, with standard headphones, the connector bridges the pins inside the phone for the play/stop button which causes this issue.

Either way, problem solved.