PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is acceptable?

laprius
6th August 2008, 02:45 PM
This comment has been on an app for the last week...I reported it days ago and it's still there, even rang Apple today and they say they can't do anything until the App store sees my complaint.

Do you think reviews should be moderated to stop comments like this? No matter how you look at it...this shouldn't be there...it's wrong on so many levels and I can think of maybe one or two legal ones as well :S

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn278/lap73/garbage.jpg

Mac Ram
6th August 2008, 03:00 PM
You're right it shouldn't be there.

However the person who posted it must be a fuckin' idiot if they think that someone who is about to spend $500 on an app are going to pay any attention to comments like that.

Dakah3
6th August 2008, 03:09 PM
What they need to do on App store is remove the ability of posting a review unless you have actually bought the app, to try and get rid of some the crap reviews that complain about price for something that they haven't even bought.

timothy
6th August 2008, 03:17 PM
There are some awful comments for many apps. People are so quick to say an app is useless and crashed the phone. I think the comments are unreliable for many of the apps.

Some of the very simple apps that are free get bagged for no reason. My two year old loves the cow that moos. This is all it does, it opens has a cow on the screen and when you shake the phone it moos without any animations etc.

I did notice some shocking comments when looking around. Totally unfair on the developer.

Chr1s
6th August 2008, 03:20 PM
Some of the very simple apps that are free get bagged for no reason. My two year old loves the cow that moos. This is all it does, it opens has a cow on the screen and when you shake the phone it moos without any animations etc.

Haha that sounds like an awesome app. I could amuse myself for hours with that! :D

MrJesseRoss
6th August 2008, 03:22 PM
What they need to do on App store is remove the ability of posting a review unless you have actually bought the app, to try and get rid of some the crap reviews that complain about price for something that they haven't even bought.

That should be a store-wide thing. The iTunes Music Store is full of worthless reviews, especially for the free tracks. Apparently a song is crap because it's not hip-hop and you like hip-hop!

I never give an ounce of credibility to user reviews anyway. It seems like people see it as some kind of race to have their say on as many products as possible, no matter how useless their comments are.