PDA

View Full Version : Syncing iphone and ICal

gopher360
5th August 2008, 05:33 PM
For some reason after upgrading my iphone to ver 2.0 any new calender event I create on my iphone does not appear in iCal after a sync. Yet if I create an event in iCal it does appear on my iphone. Can anyone please help???

the_doctor
5th August 2008, 05:35 PM
I'm having the exact same problem.

gopher360
6th August 2008, 09:36 AM
Try this. I found it in another forum and it worked for me....

Reset your truth database by launching iSync (yes, iSync) and opening the Preferences… dialog. Press the Reset Sync History… button and synchronize again.

This will leave your clients registered and your data intact, but force a first-time slow synchronization of all of your sync clients, and should result in the transfer of your iCal data to the iPhone. You should back up your iCal data using the built-in option to do so labeled Back up Database… under the File menu of iCal before performing the reset.

the_doctor
6th August 2008, 11:19 AM
Try this. I found it in another forum and it worked for me....

Reset your truth database by launching iSync (yes, iSync) and opening the Preferences… dialog. Press the Reset Sync History… button and synchronize again.

This will leave your clients registered and your data intact, but force a first-time slow synchronization of all of your sync clients, and should result in the transfer of your iCal data to the iPhone. You should back up your iCal data using the built-in option to do so labeled Back up Database… under the File menu of iCal before performing the reset.

Already tried this but it did not work.

Mobile Me to iPhone is working fine.

iPhone to Mobile Me is working fine.

iCal to Mobile Me is working fine.

Mobile Me to iCal is not working.

If I turn off Mobile Me and do a straight sync from iTunes between the Calendar and iPhone it also does not write/update iCal.

It is becoming very frustrating and no solutions seem to work.

Syncing between iCal and iPhone worked fine until I set up Mobile Me (and I followed the instructions to the letter as set out by Apple).

Eleanor6482
7th August 2008, 06:09 PM
any feedback? This problem has only happened since updating the phone...