PDA

View Full Version : 1st Gen iPhone Pwnage Restore - iTunes 1604 Error

decryption
5th August 2008, 02:06 PM
I've got an iPhone here that has been hacked before and been stuffed up a few times by the previous owner.

I'm trying to wipe it all clean and put on a new Pwnage created 2.0 firmware.

I am able to successfully place it into DFU mode (the Mac OS X Console says it's in DFU mode) and iTunes makes the screen on the iPhone flash a few times and the pineapple comes up. The candybar progress meter with "Preparing iPhone for restore appears" and then it just dies spitting this error:

http://heyinternet.com/imgdump/Picture_3-20080805-140326.jpg

The iPhone then sits there with the pineapple on it's screen, then reboots itself.

I've tried the same process with a clean version of the 2.0 firmware and a clean version of the 1.1.4 firmware with the exact same result.

I have also cleared out what was in ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support - according to the Dev Team instructions, but to end up with the same iTunes error after attempting a restore in DFU mode.

Anyone got any ideas? :(

Keving
5th August 2008, 02:09 PM
had this issue.

Only way to fix it was to revert my iTunes to 7.5 and install 1.1.4 then try again. Was a pain to figure out.

decryption
5th August 2008, 02:10 PM
had this issue.

Only way to fix it was to revert my iTunes to 7.5 and install 1.1.4 then try again. Was a pain to figure out.

Looks like I'll need to do it!
Anyone know where I can download iTunes 7.5?

EDIT: found it :)
Direct Download iTunes 7.5 to Activate iPhone Anywhere Internationally My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/07/direct-download-itunes-75-to-activate-iphone-anywhere-internationally/)

Keving
5th August 2008, 02:14 PM
on my iPhone or I'd link you, there are guides how to downgrade 2.0 to 1.1.4 - that's basically what you need to do, try google that.

lethal
5th August 2008, 02:57 PM
Man im in the same position but mine says "error 1600".

Let me know when u figure it out so i can fix mine as no 1 here seems to know.

W9cae
5th August 2008, 03:06 PM
Decrytion & Lethal did you completely wipe the iPhone before the upgrade process ?

Lots of time one simple 3rd party app has left something behind and the way iTunes updates the iPhone this info is not removed. Then down the path issue comes up. I suggest doing a good wipe by ssh or mobile finder.

Then try the process again first with the older firmware then an upgrade then pawnage and you should be running again.

Macattck
30th August 2008, 04:35 PM
PLEASE HELP....
On my Macbook Pro, 10.5.4, I did this but when the iphone (2G) rebooted all I got was the pineapple logo, it then goes to the steve cartoon. I have tried everything but I cannot restore my iphone. I open itunes and it say's my phone is in recovery mode. I have tried again and again. I get an error code from itunes (1604) & (20). I have tried going back to itunes 7.5 and reinstalling 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.4. I have tried ziphone and the rest, but nothing. With ziphone I get USBMuxListenerCreate: Permission denied. I have tried using a friend pc doing all of the above.

kyte
31st August 2008, 10:11 AM
PLEASE HELP....
On my Macbook Pro, 10.5.4, I did this but when the iphone (2G) rebooted all I got was the pineapple logo, it then goes to the steve cartoon. I have tried everything but I cannot restore my iphone. I open itunes and it say's my phone is in recovery mode. I have tried again and again. I get an error code from itunes (1604) & (20). I have tried going back to itunes 7.5 and reinstalling 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.4. I have tried ziphone and the rest, but nothing. With ziphone I get USBMuxListenerCreate: Permission denied. I have tried using a friend pc doing all of the above.

I lost my battle with the iphone and am now back to 2.0.2

a) upgrade to iTunes 7.7.1
b) when you plug your phone in, iTunes will recognise that its in recovery mode.
c) Let iTunes restore your phone.

You'll then have a phone which is up to date and which will tell you your sim card is wrong.

Download the latest Pwnage tool for mac and set that working. It ought to find the .ipsw without any trouble. Don't bother installing Installer. Its still buggy IMO. You might not even want to install Cydia, I dont know.

Follow instructions in laughingbird's upgrading post with regard to using the tool.

You should be back to firmware 2.0.2 and have a functioning phone. The above is how I got back there. I let my phone restore from a backup and now wish I had not, but thats for another post.