PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Mail and 3G Reception

ambo
4th August 2008, 10:58 PM
OK, weird issue, but others i know have same issue.

As in my other thread here (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/54/55247-iphone-3g-reception.html#post600244) reception is a bit on and off.

Seems that if i am sending an email (using Exchange active sync) from my phone, if receptions drops and comes back, the email is doubled (well more like 15th-oubled) up numerous times.

I dont mean it sends it more than one, but for example, if the email had my original, then a reply, then my reply (so 3 threads) they will multiply a random number, say 6-10 times, so instead of the message being 3 threads, it becomes 30+ ... and hence message size increases.

Only issue is that its annoying for one, and two opening these emails crashes the mail app most times (with reception - have tested it connected to WIFI at home).

SO, curious to see if any other MacTalker's have had/are having the same issue.

Bastard Sheep
5th August 2008, 09:01 PM
No replies? Surely Ambo and I aren't the only ones with this issue (I'm the or one of the "others")? I've had it quite a bit at home where I've only got one bar of reception but always 3G and can still make calls. Love those emails that go from 10k to 1MB simply be reading or replying.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not blaming this on the low signal "bug", I get the same tower strength from my Nokia, both on the same carrier.

ambo
5th August 2008, 09:58 PM
No replies? Surely Ambo and I aren't the only ones with this issue (I'm the or one of the "others")? I've had it quite a bit at home where I've only got one bar of reception but always 3G and can still make calls. Love those emails that go from 10k to 1MB simply be reading or replying.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not blaming this on the low signal "bug", I get the same tower strength from my Nokia, both on the same carrier.

Hello sweetheart !! :)

Well i am blaming it on the low signal bug, as in EXACTLY the same spot, either at home or elsewhere, same sim card in IPHONE compared to N95 is way different. Iphone shows 1-2 bars, N95 shows full.

I love my iphone, but if this is the best i can expect from the 3G receiver it has, i'll be pretty pissed about blowing $1000!!!