PDA

View Full Version : Oz Apple Store - Extreme Frustration!

kudos
10th May 2004, 12:32 PM
After ordering a maxed out Powerbook 15" on the 27th April I was
looking forward to receiving the machine today.

When I called the Apple Store to find out the status they had
never heard of me, didn't have my order in their system !!

I gave them the the exact time, date and even the name
of the person who took my order but all they could do was
apologise.

Whoever took the order screwed up, not that they admitted it.

So now I get to wait all over again, it'll be nearly another two weeks.

I've been counting the days and I'm really p!$$ed off right now,
this should not have happend. Does anyone think I should ask for
some form of compensation for the error?? Earphones for my Ipod
perhaps?

Kudos :angry:

Disko
10th May 2004, 12:59 PM
some resellers have them in stock already - perhaps you could cancell your order and purchase from one of them? That way - you get to inspect the machine you wish to buy for dead pixels etc. My 17" arrived with 1 dead pixel, and i would never have bought it if i had the opportunity to inspect it. (it took 2 months to arrive as well)

pipsqeek
10th May 2004, 01:33 PM
I'd bitch and moan!

Is this Apple Store as is the online store?

I never liked mail order. This being one of many reasons.

Steve

Jimbo
10th May 2004, 05:55 PM
i have on;y ever bought stuff from apple.com.au, this includes systems, accesories and software and have NEVER had a problem, these kind of posts are amking me think that i just may be one of the lucky ones!

chrism238
10th May 2004, 08:35 PM
I gave them the the exact time, date and even the name
of the person who took my order but all they could do was
apologise.

And how did they react when you told them the official Order Number?

kudos
10th May 2004, 09:06 PM
And how did they react when you told them the official Order Number?

First time I've ever ordered anything from apple so I was unaware of
procedure. I never received an official order number!

K

pipsqeek
10th May 2004, 10:11 PM
I was going to say, if it was an actual shop, go there at midnight with a massive thick ass chain and a big mofo of a padlock.

Lock the shops handles together. Then kick back and watch their reactions the next morning.

Yes I am not a nice person when I want to be.

Steve

Jimbo
10th May 2004, 11:08 PM
GOOD answer steve, that gives me a great idea of what to do next time my uni wont let me submit my assignments early and go on holidays and NOT have to wait till 4:30 on a friday arvo to do so!!!! BWAAHAHAHAAAA!!!! :D

hawker
11th May 2004, 06:38 AM
I have only ordered recnetly via the Apple Store (via phone, I would never do it via the net, too many ways they could loose the order)... Apple were always helpful, and they didn't lie. They said it would take about 5-7 working days... (it actually took 4)

The only problem I had was with StarTrack Express who said the package had arrived in Darwin, but they had lost the paperwork and could not release it. I called Apple, who called StarTrack and told them to release it...

kudos
11th May 2004, 11:31 AM
I have only ordered recnetly via the Apple Store (via phone, I would never do it via the net, too many ways they could loose the order)...

Yeah I ordered by phone too, not that it did any good!

I checked my order again last night only to find that yet again the order
hadn't gone through.

I had to call again (the fifth time I have had to speak with them on the phone),
they wanted me to send copies of my identification, driver's licence etc.

They didn't call me to tell me they needed the info, despite having my number.

They were happy to wait until I happened to check the order status and then
contact them ?!! Is this the way they do business, I don't get it?

I only want to give them $4,300, you'd think they'd be more friendly!!

K

Ronin+Scissors
11th May 2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by hawker@May 11 2004, 06:38 AM
via phone, I would never do it via the net, too many ways they could loose the order
If you think about it, ordering online actually reduces the chance of something going wrong. Which system is more likely to have an error introduced into it, filling out a form on the net, or calling someone and getting them to fill out a (virtually) identical form for you? By ordering online you reduce the number of proverbial links in the chain.

In fact, the original poster's situation might have been avoided if he had ordered online, it seems that the person that took his order screwed up.

Kudos: that's strange that they didn't call you, they called me within 18 hours of placing my order (online) to ask for a copy of my student ID.

-Ronin with Scissors

hawker
13th May 2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Ronin+Scissors+May 11 2004, 06:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ronin+Scissors @ May 11 2004, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hawker@May 11 2004, 06:38 AM
via phone, I would never do it via the net, too many ways they could loose the order
If you think about it, ordering online actually reduces the chance of something going wrong. Which system is more likely to have an error introduced into it, filling out a form on the net, or calling someone and getting them to fill out a (virtually) identical form for you? [/b][/quote]
Not if you know how it works at the moment.

It goes to web maintainers, who make sure it is not SPAM or contains viruses, then it goes to sales rep, who enters it into the computer (about the same time it takes them to take your details on the phone)... By ringing you&#39;ve probably saved about two hours. If they send you a recepit e-mail that means you&#39;re in the system and your Mac should be on the way (depending if you are having stuff done to it or its on backorder)&#33;

The only reason its faster and slightly better via phone, is that you are getting them on the phone, so you know they are putting into the computer that instant and that they&#39;re not going to get distracted via the backlog of net orders&#33;

pipsqeek
13th May 2004, 08:43 AM
hardware_shop:
high1 = 1X bad mother trucker padlock
high2 = 1X 2meters bad mother trucker chain
goto apple

apple:
high2 = fit 1X 2meter bad mother trucker chain to shop door handle
high1 = fit 1X bad mother trucker padlock to chain
goto parking_lot

parking_lot:
low1
low2
high3 = sit and watch reactions.
goto shopfront
query = blackmail new ordered system for keys to padlock
if query = false
then goto apple
if query = true
then end

end:
high 4 = go home
if plan fails
then goto hardware_shop

:)

sorry, just alittle pseudocode I did as I have been practicing it with controlling a little microchip to do great things.

Steve

hawker
13th May 2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@May 13 2004, 08:43 AM
sorry, just alittle pseudocode I did as I have been practicing it with controlling a little microchip to do great things.
I love it ;)

LCGuy
13th May 2004, 03:56 PM
Lol, classic. :D