PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Randomly Bricked Itself! :(

benzoenator
4th August 2008, 12:22 PM
So, I'm in class and I check something on my iPhone. All of a sudden, I am greeted with the Apple logo on my iPhone. I hard reboot it, and leave it for ten minutes, but the logo hasn't changed. No matter what I do, it won't boot into the OS. What can I do?! I know that I can restore through iTunes, but I'm not home for another three hours and I need to fix it now! :(

Any suggestions?

Erwin
4th August 2008, 12:34 PM
When you are faced with the Apple logo on the iPhone, you should wait - the iPhone is rebooting. It takes a while for the reboot, the Apple logo stays there a few minutes - doing a hard reboot in the middle of a reboot might have done something.

themessup
4th August 2008, 12:53 PM
Yes but it's not normal for the logo to stay there for over 10 minutes.

Erwin
4th August 2008, 01:01 PM
Yes but it's not normal for the logo to stay there for over 10 minutes.

That's true.

However, if you read what the OP is saying:

So, I'm in class and I check something on my iPhone. All of a sudden, I am greeted with the Apple logo on my iPhone. I hard reboot it, and leave it for ten minutes, but the logo hasn't changed.

So he did something that caused his iPhone to spontaneously reboot - now before the iPhone finished rebooting, he did a hard reboot in the middle of a reboot - the 2nd reboot lasted 10 minutes, which I agree is not normal - but I suspect if the OP had waited for the first spontaneous reboot to finish, it would have been okay.

cuaza
4th August 2008, 01:08 PM
Plug it into your computer and it should start working again

nomad
4th August 2008, 01:11 PM
So, excuse my ignorance but how do you do a soft reboot and a hard reboot?