PDA

View Full Version : US iPhone on ebay....should I buy? What's ur opinion?

looobz
2nd August 2008, 03:44 PM
Hey guys n gals,

Like allot of people I'm impatient and want an iPhone now! lol.... (stomps leg)

I saw this and my finger is going back and forward over the commit to buy button on ebay...

does it seem to good to be true? basically same as optus pricing outright but others are selling for like $1600.....what do you think?

Apple iPhone 3G 16G Black NIB Easily Unlocked - eBay, Cell Phones Smartphones, Cell Phones PDAs. (end time 08-Aug-08 05:25:04 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370073788688)

boddiz
2nd August 2008, 03:54 PM
I am selling my 8GB iPhone 3G for $650, saves getting it from america. remember there isnt a unlock released yet.

Regards,
Beau

looobz
2nd August 2008, 03:56 PM
I've been reading that the old turbo sim card things, (where you have to cut ur old sim) work on the new 3G iphones.

Erwin
2nd August 2008, 04:05 PM
Do you really want to go through the uncertainty of buying an overseas phone locked to a foreign carrier and unlocking it when it is available locally? The price is not dramatically cheaper.

looobz
2nd August 2008, 04:11 PM
Do you really want to go through the uncertainty of buying an overseas phone locked to a foreign carrier and unlocking it when it is available locally? The price is not dramatically cheaper.

Uno what, ur absolutly write.....after all I have a 2G iPhone, I'm sure I can live without GPS for a bit longer.

Like you said though with this much uncertanty ill drive myself nuts till it would arrive, so not worth the headache.

craigd
2nd August 2008, 04:12 PM
plus its not really a huge saving is it

mcargy08
2nd August 2008, 04:27 PM
I am going to sell my white 16 GB iphone locked with virgin mobile for $849 + $80 unlock fee if you want unlocked phone. I already have 16gb black unlock iPhone 3G, I just need the plan from virgin as I can use the credit to call overseas. It's brand new and I'm waiting for it at the moment. I'll have it on wednesday. If any one interested let me know. Price is still negotiable. :-)

cmrn
2nd August 2008, 04:30 PM
I love how these ebay listings almost always get the features so wrong:

Camera:
3 Megapixels & Up

Features:
Touch Screen, USB Interface, Speakerphone, Push to Talk (PTT), SMS-Text Messaging, MP3 Player, PDA-PC Sync, Internet Browser, Email Access, Calendar, Bluetooth Enabled, GPS, Color Screen, Video Streaming, Polyphonic Ringtones, MMS Enabled, Radio, Java Enabled, Voice-Activated Dialing

looobz
2nd August 2008, 05:23 PM
I love how these ebay listings almost always get the features so wrong:

Camera:
3 Megapixels & Up

Features:
Touch Screen, USB Interface, Speakerphone, Push to Talk (PTT), SMS-Text Messaging, MP3 Player, PDA-PC Sync, Internet Browser, Email Access, Calendar, Bluetooth Enabled, GPS, Color Screen, Video Streaming, Polyphonic Ringtones, MMS Enabled, Radio, Java Enabled, Voice-Activated Dialing

lol, Good pick I didn't notice that.

Yeah definatly sticking to aussie stock....I'm trying to locate sydney sellers as im heading there tomorrow so hopefully i can pick one up in person...fingers crossed.