PDA

View Full Version : See your voicemail on Telstra (Visual Voicemail)

lukenet
2nd August 2008, 12:28 AM
Does this work? See your voicemail (Telstra, 3G)

What am I doing wrong or is that yet another thing Australians miss out on..

Huy
2nd August 2008, 12:30 AM
If you mean Visual Voicemail...

then it is not available as far as I know.

lukenet
2nd August 2008, 12:50 AM
Yes, Visual Voicemail..

Damit, I want this... I get heaps of voice mail, this was a killer app for me.

macaholic
2nd August 2008, 01:01 AM
With Three, you can get your Voicemail as email with messages as audio attachments.
So, I'm told.

I thought Visual VoiceMail was coming to Telstra...

lukenet
2nd August 2008, 01:07 AM
Gee, I sure do hope so, anyone got any links or news about that?

macaholic
2nd August 2008, 01:09 AM
See Telstra & Visual Voice Mail - Telstra - Mobile Carriers (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1014152.html)
(The OP is a regular here on MacTalk.)

GeoffP
8th August 2008, 09:10 AM
With Three, you can get your Voicemail as email with messages as audio attachments.
So, I'm told.

I thought Visual VoiceMail was coming to Telstra...

How do you set this up?

retroneo
8th August 2008, 03:47 PM
How do you set this up?

Just set up your Three email address as a mail account on the phone. The voicemails come through as WAV attachments which play on the phone.

Here's the settings:

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/47/50913-three-iphone-questions-44.html#post596474

Make sure you switch to the new Three iPhone plans. They give you free 1GB or 2GB data and $300 credit on your bill in exchange for 24 months contract. (Total value $780 or $1020 - for free!)

You have to be in the second half of your contract to do this and pay off any remaining handset instalments (the $300 should cover this).

lukenet
24th November 2008, 10:58 PM
Any updates on this?

Cassy
25th November 2008, 10:18 AM
Make sure you switch to the new Three iPhone plans. They give you free 1GB or 2GB data and $300 credit on your bill in exchange for 24 months contract. (Total value $780 or $1020 - for free!)

You have to be in the second half of your contract to do this and pay off any remaining handset instalments (the $300 should cover this).

I know this was posted a while ago but I called Three about switching/upgrading to the Three iPhone plan but they said if I was to do that I would have to pay out my current phone AND the contract early exit fee ( I have about 11 months left on my contract).
Has anyone successfully upgraded to an iPhone plan with Three?

W9cae
25th November 2008, 10:26 AM
Telstra still has not set up Visual voice mail. My last talk with my Telstra contact did not shed any light on a time this will be available. Sorry folks, but when it does become available the carrier pack will be updated and the feature will become available. Also I am being told this will be a subscription feature but no price value has been mentioned.

DJY
25th November 2008, 05:35 PM
Here is hoping Telstra still bring in Visual Voicemail!
I'm keen!!!

Samb0
25th November 2008, 06:00 PM
Would i make my parents subscribe to visual voice mail hell yeah view work calls first delete un important ones quick.