PDA

View Full Version : iPhone External Aerials

Beau
31st July 2008, 06:23 PM
Anyone know if there is any external aerials/car kits for the iPhone that will improve signal (I kinda need it, living out in the sticks)

Cheers,
Beau

dlmuller
4th August 2008, 03:18 PM
Beau, I got one of these: Comnet Solutions - Next G / GSM / 3G Antenna Kits including Mobile Phone Patchleads, Splitters and Cables (http://store.comnet.com.au/cat/36806.html)

It's on back order - should be in end of the week apparently.

dlmuller

Exocet
4th August 2008, 03:39 PM
If you do order an antenna, make sure you pick up the antenna and the patch lead. Antennas are generic, patch lead contain connectors (or induction-points) for individual handsets.

dlmuller
4th August 2008, 03:49 PM
You're right Exocet. I already have an antenna, so my previous link is just for the patch cable which has an inductive patch as the iPhone doesn't have a socket for external antenna.

dlmuller

GeoffP
4th August 2008, 04:11 PM
You're right Exocet. I already have an antenna, so my previous link is just for the patch cable which has an inductive patch as the iPhone doesn't have a socket for external antenna.

dlmuller

Do you stick the patch onto the iPhone, and then velcro the induction panel onto it?

What if you stuck the induction panel onto the iPhone car holder - would that work as well?

dlmuller
4th August 2008, 04:45 PM
I don't know yet Geoff. The patch cable is on back order, so when it arrives I can find out. I am hoping that I can stick it to the car cradle as I'm somewhat reluctant to go sticking stuff on my iPhone.e

dlmuller