PDA

View Full Version : Customize through Cydia

Bima
31st July 2008, 06:23 PM
Anyone using Customize ?

I have major problem with it. Just keeps asking for "New Account" everytime I open it ? Cant seem to get it to work.
Any one else ?

AaronChiles
31st July 2008, 06:39 PM
I'm using it. I had that New Account problem once, but it seems to have settled down. I just have a Panther dock working right now. I want to get that TransLeo summerboard theme on there and then I'll be back to what I had on the first gen iPhone.

Bima
31st July 2008, 08:02 PM
I'm using it. I had that New Account problem once, but it seems to have settled down. I just have a Panther dock working right now. I want to get that TransLeo summerboard theme on there and then I'll be back to what I had on the first gen iPhone.

How did you stop it asking for a new account every time it opened ?

thorntonp
31st July 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm having the same problem....one of my new account screens must have registered though. I still get the new account screen at start up, but then it says email taken...

very buggy and unusable. about to uninstall and wait for update

Bima
31st July 2008, 08:51 PM
Wah !! Bloody thing stuffed up my WiFi and started doing wierd stuff to my connection. Uninstalled and things just went down hill from there.
Just did a restore and sync from last back up.
Think I'll leave this one until I see some stability with it.

juzz
1st August 2008, 01:52 PM
It won't even let me use it.

Everytime I run the app it gives me some crap about how it can't connect and that my internet may be too slow.

I have 8mb ADSL, if that's too slow then that's pretty piss poor.

Bima
1st August 2008, 04:30 PM
It won't even let me use it.

Everytime I run the app it gives me some crap about how it can't connect and that my internet may be too slow.

I have 8mb ADSL, if that's too slow then that's pretty piss poor.

I wouldn't worry too much about it as I have seen on several forums it's problematic. I am just about to reinstall it to see what happens.

Reinstalled tonite and it appears to be working well. I have a Leopard theme going on and a nice Leopard dock and managed the change some app icons to what I wanted. Could not get sounds to load though although that may be the actual sound files themselves.
Appears to be OK now go for a reinstall. :cool:

AaronChiles
1st August 2008, 06:44 PM
I got that message about it being no Internet connection too. I just opened it up again and it worked. Give it a bit and they should get a lot of the kinks work out. Cydia doesn't have as much hype as it used to because of the App store, but we have to thank the developers because most are giving the apps away for free when they could be developing pay ones for the App Store.

Bima
1st August 2008, 07:34 PM
Cydia doesn't have as much hype as it used to because of the App store, but we have to thank the developers because most are giving the apps away for free when they could be developing pay ones for the App Store.

I agree they do a great job for so many people. Where would we be without these people who put in hours and hours to bring us all the good stuff.

Jailbreak, Pwnage, Cydia, Customize etc etc. Great people working selflessly

Bima
12th August 2008, 06:44 PM
Aggrrrr still cannot get Customize to work propery. Some things install from it and some don't. Difficult to get any Themes working from it and cannot get any sounds to work at all.
THink I'll abandon it for a while and just use Cydia and Winterboard which works very well and there are plenty of winterboard themes.

bigmouth
13th August 2008, 01:49 PM
I have used it, but everytime i download to install a theme/element, it resets the program and i have go back into it to apply it, or search further.