PDA

View Full Version : OS9 Forever website

Graym
9th May 2004, 09:52 PM
Hello,
I have found the OS9forever website and downloaded OS9 Helper to run OS 9.21 then 9.22 on a powerbook 3400.
However, I can't get the site to connect to the International English Helper downloads, nor the patched Firewire Extensions.

Has anyone else been able to get this 9.21 and 9.22 software to work on the Powerbook 3400 or 3500; or does anyone have these downloaded files which no longer seem to be available?
Thanks.

Byrd
9th May 2004, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forums Graym - I've moved your thread over to Apple Software, better spot for it there.

I've used OS 9 Helper a bit on oldworld machines as OS 9.2x seems a good deal faster and stable on some machines with a decent amount of RAM and 200+ Mhz CPU. But a lean install of OS 9.0x or 9.1 wasn't bad either, and upgrading to 9.2 really doesn't give you many more features, albeit OS X will be happier with it installed. But while some machines were quite happy running 9.2, I had to install the OS initially onto a different machine, then transfer it over. Obviously you'll get some superfluous files/drivers etc. installed, but if it's a similar machine (eg. a Wallstreet PB G3), you won't have to delete too much stuff.

Did you see this download (http://www.os9forever.com/downloads/3400KangaExtras.sit) on the site? It's an updated sound manager which will give you proper sound support under 9.2.

JB

LCGuy
9th May 2004, 10:17 PM
To be honest, i can't see what the point is of running 9.2...9.1 has all the same features, and, in my experience, is faster and more stable!