PDA

View Full Version : iTunes doesn't recognise iPhoto Library

vosie
30th July 2008, 11:54 PM
In iTunes (iMac OS 10.5) I cannot see the iPhoto Library under Photos and when I select the option to sync photos from iPhoto it comes up with "The iPod cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-50).".
Tthe iPhoto Library cannot be seen in the the Desktop background/screensaver control panel either.

Any Ideas:confused:

shujin
31st July 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm assuming your iPhoto Library still works with iPhoto?

Perhaps try moving your iPhoto library to another location and create a new iPhoto library, and see if that new library can be detected in iTunes/Sys Prefs.

vosie
31st July 2008, 10:18 PM
Yup iPhoto works fine with the Library.

I tried moving the original Library and creating a new one, but no go there either.

I thought the iPhoto Library was a folder but cannot be opened like one. The only way I can get into this "folder" is by right clicking on a photo in iPhoto and choosing show file - then I can navigate inside it like a regular folder but not out of it.

lenman74
31st July 2008, 10:31 PM
this happened to me a while back. turned out it was a corrupt iphoto library on my mac . iphoto could cope but itunes could not.

I used iphone library manager to make a new iphoto library and moved the old photos across.

after that itunes was fine again

vosie
31st July 2008, 10:46 PM
I used iphone library manager to make a new iphoto library and moved the old photos across.

Did you mean iPhoto library manager not iPhone?

vosie
31st July 2008, 11:01 PM
It appears the problem (according to iPhoto Library Manager) may be a special character in my home folder name (an ampersand &) and I don't know how to change it as it wont let me saying it is in use by the system, even when I log in as another user to change it, it tells me I don't have permission.
Can I change the name of my Home folder :confused::eek::(