PDA

View Full Version : Three bumps up data plans

Dust For Eyes
29th July 2008, 04:51 PM
Did a search and didn't find this story on here, so here it is (http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/phones/0,239025953,339290918,00.htm?feed=rss).

Have to check if it applies to me.

VOOK
29th July 2008, 04:58 PM
$20 for a GIG? Madness! (Good Madness!)

$29 Cap + $20 X Series for me :D

craigd
29th July 2008, 04:58 PM
thats awesome news, i just wouldn't trust the coverage on 3 and the flicking between roaming and 3.

I loved my 3 handset and the combined 3/telstra roaming was awesome for phone calls, however I cant see 3 as a viable iphone provider until they include roaming data (which they never will) or improve there own coverage

nbetts
29th July 2008, 05:06 PM
3coverage on my iPhone is acceptable but dissapointing. I generally have 2 bars at home in melb cbd, but I am on level 42. As I drive around it is low but I still get signal. I suspect it's an iPhone thing not a 3 thing

mechcon
29th July 2008, 05:07 PM
so much data to just use only in the metropolitan area.

craigd
29th July 2008, 05:11 PM
3coverage on my iPhone is acceptable but dissapointing. I generally have 2 bars at home in melb cbd, but I am on level 42. As I drive around it is low but I still get signal. I suspect it's an iPhone thing not a 3 thing

I think its a 3 thing, you cant fault them for there service or call coverage, but i had issues on my nokia n73 a really great phone for signal.

If they could come to some arrangement with telstra that would be awesome. I really cant see them being able to sustain long term growth unless they start building there network up.

I would suspect that this is one of the reasons why apple have not gone with 3. Its ok being able to knock off roaming but data is what makes the iphone what it is a truly mobile internet device, without it you are very limited unless you are in constant wifi coverage

twinturbo
29th July 2008, 10:29 PM
$20 for a GIG? Madness! (Good Madness!)

$29 Cap + $20 X Series for me :D

Meh... Virgin provides $15 per 1Gb. And completely unlimited free Virgin to Virgin text and calls. Plus the network they use is the Optus one, so no risk of any roaming charges. I reckon 3 have a long way to go to catch up now, with or without the iPhone.

zacbookpro
29th July 2008, 11:25 PM
Meh... Virgin provides $15 per 1Gb. And completely unlimited free Virgin to Virgin text and calls. Plus the network they use is the Optus one, so no risk of any roaming charges. I reckon 3 have a long way to go to catch up now, with or without the iPhone.

not completely unlimited.

2500 minutes, 3000 texts.

but yeah, much better than 3.