PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit on number of records in sqlite db?

Comet
29th July 2008, 04:28 PM
I'm creating an app at the moment and have come across a very weird issue. I've got 2 iPhones that I'm using for tests. 1 is the first gen iPhone, and the 2nd is the 3G iPhone. When I install the app and run in debug mode, the first gen iPhone does the same behaviour as the simulator on my MBP. When I try the same with the 3G iPhone, it returns 0 results. Was pulling my hair out all day and have found something really odd.

The DB only has 1 table, but has around 50k records in it. When I reduced the size of the records for testing purposes to around 200, both iPhones worked. Does anyone know of a limit on the number of records that can go into an sqlite db for the 3G iPhone vs the first gen iPhone??? Would appreciate any insight to this. Thanks.

toholio
29th July 2008, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know of a limit on the number of records that can go into an sqlite db for the 3G iPhone vs the first gen iPhone??? Would appreciate any insight to this. Thanks.

None that I'm aware of. Does SQLite time-out perhaps?

By the way, the NDA hasn't expired yet. We're not meant to be discussing this. I'm just saying...