PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Interface Builder

nando
27th July 2008, 05:52 PM
Well..I really want to learn iphone sdk...and wanted to use the Interface Builder..
however whenever I use it..it freezes...so i cant use it at all....

am using the latest SDK release...
I read on some other forums that away to overcome this is to ....
ok hold on u wont believe this......

CHANGE THE TIMEZONE TO CUPERTINO TIMEZONE!!
and guess what........
Interface Builder really works!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

weird huh?!!?:confused::confused:

Linux_insidev2
27th July 2008, 06:00 PM
Works fine for me.

Are you sending your actions to an NSObject or using the UIView?

Philly
27th July 2008, 06:01 PM
Can you build apps from a PC?

(Sorry I had to ask.)

Linux_insidev2
27th July 2008, 06:05 PM
Can you build apps from a PC?

(Sorry I had to ask.)

Yes and no.

I'm sure apple could port xcode all across to winblows but it'd be a megatonne of effort as the SDK relies on the fact that the OS it's running on is so similar to the target device.

You might be able to do the dodgy and use the jailbreak SDK but there's no prettyful Interface builder and you'd have to write the code to draw everything.

nando
27th July 2008, 06:06 PM
Works fine for me.

Are you sending your actions to an NSObject or using the UIView?

well..whenever i want to open any NIB file it will freeze the Interface Builder.

so the only solution i found for this was to change my timezone to Cupertino's.
and that allowed me to actually work with the interface builder...
weird...
am running 10.5.4 MBP 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo

marc
27th July 2008, 06:19 PM
Do you have the latest SDK?

Philly
27th July 2008, 06:27 PM
Yes and no.

I'm sure apple could port xcode all across to winblows but it'd be a megatonne of effort as the SDK relies on the fact that the OS it's running on is so similar to the target device.

You might be able to do the dodgy and use the jailbreak SDK but there's no prettyful Interface builder and you'd have to write the code to draw everything.

Thanks. Lol I won't bother :thumbup:

conufsed
27th July 2008, 06:27 PM
I haven't hit this problem myself, but I know of a few other guys in Brisbane who have to do the same thing, it was funny at the last Cocoaheads dev day everybody's machine was on cupertino time

nando
27th July 2008, 07:08 PM
I haven't hit this problem myself, but I know of a few other guys in Brisbane who have to do the same thing, it was funny at the last Cocoaheads dev day everybody's machine was on cupertino time

indeed is funny i mean is what 2:08AM for me now!!!!
i should be asleep!!

Starscream
27th July 2008, 07:30 PM
It's not that funny.... maybe your on Valium.. ?

WildWest
29th July 2008, 12:43 PM
According to a discussion (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1545601&tstart=-4) on the Apple Support forums, the problem is caused by any timezone that supports DST, and so can be fixed by selecting any timezone without DST (one of which happens to be Cupertino).

Hey, apparently the cause of the problem has been identified.
Time zones supporting daylight saving time (DST) crash Interface Builder (believe it or not!).
So change the time zone to any one without DST and it should work (e.g. Cupertino, Recife/Brazil etc.).
IB was not starting in beta 6 and 7, now I changed my time zone and it works!

conufsed
29th July 2008, 12:48 PM
According to a discussion (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1545601&tstart=-4) on the Apple Support forums, the problem is caused by any timezone that supports DST, and so can be fixed by selecting any timezone without DST (one of which happens to be Cupertino).

Thats useful to know, except Brisbane doesn't have DST!

nando
30th July 2008, 10:18 AM
hmm interesting..i do have the latest SDK...as of last week..
BTW anyway to check the iphone SDK version u have running??

anyways..i'll try with other configurations like Sydney time zone...or melb...on a non DST setting?!...ATM am at work..so i'll have to wait till i get home...

nando
30th July 2008, 04:09 PM
ok an update...
i tried switching to Sydney time zone in sys pref..and interface builder works!! :D