PDA

View Full Version : MobileMe iDisk Issue...

chrsha01
27th July 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm wanting to share a file with another e-mail address from my MobileMe iDisk.

As promoted during WWDC 08 and the guided tour, they both have stated that a "Share File" feature would be available to use.

Why can I not see this feature when accessing a document from my iDisk on the web?

Any suggestions to why or how to fix my issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

rpjallan
27th July 2008, 05:04 PM
Apple have confirmed that iDisk file sharing is not supported. Another one of my most used .Mac features gone...

mechcon
27th July 2008, 05:13 PM
I'll tell you MY issue.. in iPhoto I have a web gallery set up.. in the order that I want my photos arranged.. when I check the order on mobileME gallery, the newer photos are all at the bottom of the list.. so I have to keep moving them up to the top of the list, like how it is set up in iPhoto... very annoying!

chrsha01
27th July 2008, 05:14 PM
Apple have confirmed that iDisk file sharing is not supported. Another one of my most used .Mac features gone...

So the "Share File" feature highly quoted during WWDC 08 and the MobileMe guided tour is now not supported?

rob05
27th July 2008, 05:26 PM
If you want to share files from your idisk use an ftp app like transmit and get the other person to access your Public folder via it. It is working flawlessly for me since and before MobileMe.

I can make a pdf file with a how to if it would help.

The speed of up and downloads via the ftp app are much better than via the web.

Just lets know if the pdf file is needed and I will upload it to help those in need.

Thunderstruck
28th July 2008, 01:21 PM
Share File is not removed, it's being postponed.

Mobile Me iDisk page (http://www.apple.com/mobileme/features/idisk.html)

Coming soon: Email large files.

Soon a new feature in iDisk will make it simple to share files too big for email. iDisk will automatically send a message with a simple link. The recipient will just click the link to download the file.

chrsha01
28th July 2008, 05:05 PM

Mobile Me iDisk page (http://www.apple.com/mobileme/features/idisk.html)

Thanks for confirming this, I didn't think it was removed. :)

rpjallan
28th July 2008, 05:33 PM

Well, it was available in .Mac. So if it's not there now then it's been removed...