PDA

View Full Version : Mobileme email disappeared !!!!

zootman
25th July 2008, 08:03 AM
Hi - Looks like Mobileme's troubled birth is still happening. Was looking at my email via the web last night, when the screen refreshed and all my emails disappeared ! 600 gone !

I went and checked via mail.app and sure enough all gone !

Let's say wife wasnt impressed. I was actually able to recover from Time Machine (thank the lord for that !!).

Anyway, I know this post doesnt ' achieve much - just wanted to warn the folks know out there that this Mobileme could still be a bit dodgy........ I did read on Apple Discussions forums that other people have suffered this issue as well.

A lesson to backup, backup and backup !!

Cheers.

zootman
25th July 2008, 05:52 PM
and it just keeps on getting funnier..... now my xxxxxx@mac.com address is an unknown or illegal and my @mac.com userid doesnt exist..... <sigh> - how many emails missed today o apple ?.

The original message was received at Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:47:56 -0700 (PDT)
from webmail031-s [10.13.128.31]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<xxxxxxxxx@mac.com>
(reason: 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: xxxxxxxx@mac.com)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to smtp-mx3.mac.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: xxxxxxxx@mac.com
550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxxx@mac.com>... User unknown
<<< 554 5.5.0 No recipients have been specified.

Just wait and hope its fixed soon.

P.S. the @me.com one works fine

applecollector
25th July 2008, 06:20 PM
I've had mine disappeared but they would sync back down once i quit and relaunched mail so it's wasn't as bad as yours.
Have you tried to call apple and complain?

zootman
25th July 2008, 08:33 PM
I've had mine disappeared but they would sync back down once i quit and relaunched mail so it's wasn't as bad as yours.
Have you tried to call apple and complain?

No - i have sent notes off to "support". No responses as yet.

Update: Miraculously, main @mac.com is working again. Dont think it had anything to do with my support request. Seems to me, Mobileme is up and down like a brides nightie - at least for as far as I am concerned. Hopefully will settle now. When it works it is pretty cool.

Cheers