PDA

View Full Version : Free shipping with Adobe trial discs - anyone else?

PatrickH
23rd July 2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Guys,

After getting a random email from Adobe about free shipping with their trial discs, I decided to sign up to get them (more specifically, the production suite). The fine print said that it would take a couple or so weeks to arrive.

Anyways, that's why I haven't started this thread to moan and groan, my questions are these:

1. Considering I requested the production suite, will there be more discs than one? Would I be expecting a series of discs if that's the case?

2. Would it be exactly having the discs that normally come with the package? (Like how it offers an option to enter a serial or do a trial). Not that I plan on doing anything illegal, I just thought it would be easier if I bought it as a download from their website when I do and enter the serial when they send it.

3. Has anyone else requested from the website too? Have they gotten what they requested yet? And if you have, could I get a picture of the disc, I can't seem to find them properly on google.

Many thanks.

Beau
23rd July 2008, 06:28 PM
Didnt get an email, but do you have a link? :-)

alan7948
23rd July 2008, 06:32 PM
i didnt get an email as well, are you sure it isnt a scam or people trying to get your details?

applecollector
23rd July 2008, 06:34 PM
Yes send us a link, seems a bit strange to me.

alan7948
23rd July 2008, 06:44 PM
i dont think adobe do EVEN offer trials cds, searched all of adobe.com and nothing comes up

macsyd
23rd July 2008, 06:48 PM
Don't mean to alarm, but this doesn't sound right. What information did they request from you?

STK
23rd July 2008, 06:52 PM
I have gotten trial discs before...Long time ago tho...

Beau
23rd July 2008, 06:53 PM
They do do [sic] trial discs, but they charged about $20 postage last time I looked, so I'm leaning towards this email is legit...

303-Acid
23rd July 2008, 08:19 PM
I received the email too, but have since deleted it. I did find this link which looks familiar - AdobeĀ® Creative SuiteĀ® 3 (http://adobe.vintedge.com/CS3/trialdvd/form.htm)

SyncMan
24th July 2008, 08:03 AM
I am going to check with Adobe to see if that link is valid.

PatrickH I gather you are in Sydney and not in Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, or Indonesia?

Different regions see different things, so that makes it harder to work out.

ie This may be a valid offer, but not in Australia maybe, just Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, or Indonesia maybe.

applecollector
24th July 2008, 09:14 AM
So that link that was posted above is that legit?

SyncMan
24th July 2008, 09:45 AM
I am checking.

If it is legit, it may not be valid in Oz.

rob05
24th July 2008, 09:54 AM
It is legit and only open to these places

This Free Trial DVD Offer ("Promotion") is open to legal residents of Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam

303-Acid
24th July 2008, 10:01 AM
Ah...I didn't check the country dropdown. I can't find the link I used Email is gone :(

I did find this which may have been the one: Adobe - FREE CS3 30 Day Trial DVD (http://www.updateadobe.com/CS3trialDVD/) But that offer has expired.

uncyherb
24th July 2008, 10:13 AM
Hi Guys,

After getting a random email from Adobe about free shipping with their trial discs, I decided to sign up to get them (more specifically, the production suite). The fine print said that it would take a couple or so weeks to arrive.

Anyways, that's why I haven't started this thread to moan and groan, my questions are these:

1. Considering I requested the production suite, will there be more discs than one? Would I be expecting a series of discs if that's the case?

2. Would it be exactly having the discs that normally come with the package? (Like how it offers an option to enter a serial or do a trial). Not that I plan on doing anything illegal, I just thought it would be easier if I bought it as a download from their website when I do and enter the serial when they send it.

3. Has anyone else requested from the website too? Have they gotten what they requested yet? And if you have, could I get a picture of the disc, I can't seem to find them properly on google.

Many thanks.

Although a lot of people have queried the legitimacy of the email/offer, not many have thought to answer your queries... so here goes.

1) A full Production suite install usually comes on one DVD, I would imagine the same would be true for any trial version.

2) Kind of. The trial software that you can download from Adobe is ever so slightly different from 'some' of the software available when you purchase. But, if you were to buy a license then you would be able to enter a serial. Remember though, that all Creative Suite software requires activation, so if a friend of yours was to enter a serial number then the activation process would still require a check against that serial - and if your friend was using a serial number obtained from the 'net then that serial would be blackballed by Adobe and your software would not activate rendering it useless. Most Adobe trial software gives you 30 days to test/trail before you need to enter a valid serial number AND activate the software over the net with Adobe's servers. Only the Enterprise editions of the Creative Suite do not require activation, but they will not be sending you the Enterprise version for trial (see the very start of this answer)

3) This has been covered by the other posts.

In short, the downloads from Adobe's site are effectively what you'll be delivered, but you haven't had to download the programs one by one, and you will have a disc that they've burnt rather than you needing to do so.

macpunc
24th July 2008, 10:34 AM
They are legit, I have had these emails from adobe before around December 2007, i did receive DVDs with the software on it. I am now waiting for "more" dvd's. :D :D :D

PatrickH
24th July 2008, 05:59 PM
PatrickH I gather you are in Sydney and not in Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, or Indonesia?

Yep, that's what it says in my 'location'.

The first of the terms and conditions says this:

Offer is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand

So I think i'm okay.

I sent an email to Adobe asking where these discs are and they replied:

Hi Patrick,

The campaign ended on Tuesday 15 July, so the orders are being fulfilled 14 days following this – so please look out for it to arrive soon in your mailbox.

You have to wonder about this, they should read their own terms and conditions, especially the third one since I filled the form on Wednesday the 9th:

Please allow 14 working days from completing of this form until you receive the Free Trial DVD

Here's a copy of the email sent to me:

http://empiya.elementfx.com/Adobe_CS3_DVD_Offer_Email.pdf

Here's the link I clicked in the email:

Adobe - FREE CS3 30 Day Trial DVD (http://auc.tractionplatform.com/id=1860,18103369,16236156,77788,1&url=http://www.updateadobe.com/CS3trialDVD/)

SyncMan
25th July 2008, 07:37 AM
Ahhh, well that is valid, and clearly right, and working, if somewhat slowly.

I was working on what 303-Acid which is wrong, don't know why 303-Acid would have got the Asian one.

Problem solved.

303-Acid
25th July 2008, 10:53 AM
Ahhh, well that is valid, and clearly right, and working, if somewhat slowly.

I was working on what 303-Acid which is wrong, don't know why 303-Acid would have got the Asian one.

Problem solved.

Yeah..sory about that :) I just did a google as I didn't have my lappy with me and found that one which looked familiar. The one in my history is the updateadobe.com one.