PDA

View Full Version : iChat SSL Errors

iPirate
23rd July 2008, 01:07 PM
iChat has today been giving me a lot of SSL errors with Jabber.linuxlovers.at

Eacj time it would say it could not verify the identity of my Jabber server and did I want to cancel or continue (or show the certificate and consider my options, etc).

This got particularly annoying after I turned SSL off in the iChat account settings.

From Console:

23/07/08 12:32:12 PM iChatAgent[278] iChatAgent WARNING$3A SocketStream: CFStream error 3/-9820 occurred on input stream

23/07/08 12:32:12 PM iChatAgent[278^ iChatAgent WARNING: XMLStream: CFStream error 3/-9820 occurred on input

23/07/08 12:32:12 PM iChatAggnt[278] iChatAgent WARNING: JConnection: Error: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made., type=2, code=-9820

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

iPirate
23rd July 2008, 02:28 PM
Ok this is just going from bad to worse... iChat cannot verify the identity of Google Talk either:
http://multifreedia.org/iPirate/MactalkAU/2008/07/iChatSSLError-2008-07-23.png

With Linuxlovers.at I got logged out practically every minute or so... this is very painful, no workage at all... Any suggestions? Anyone having the same problems?

bennyling
23rd July 2008, 02:41 PM
I too am having issues with jabber.linuxlovers.at - I primarily use it for my MSN transport via iChat.

It's been pretty flaky over the last couple of days, though, to the point where I've had to resort to using MSN Messenger... *shudders*

That being said, I haven't been using it with SSL on - but now I have turned it on, just to see if it works better.

Google Talk is working fine, though - SSL turned on, no issues to report.

luztra
23rd July 2008, 02:50 PM
I don't know your iChat/Jabber setup, but I set my iChat up for MSN following this blog post: TooneTown Blog: 10 steps to a multi-protocol iChat. (http://blog.toonetown.com/2007/12/10-steps-to-multi-protocol-ichat.html) I have not had any problems and have been using this setup for a while.

iPirate
23rd July 2008, 03:44 PM
Ok, thanks, Google Talk is working now (thankfully) so I set up an MSN transport in that and I'm online again.

Pity about linuxlovers... hopefully that'll be back online soon.

Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Spoke too soon, Google Talk disconnected me... oh well.