PDA

View Full Version : Using iPhoto to resize pictures for MobileMe gallery

fidou
22nd July 2008, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to know if there is a way when uploading pictures from iPhoto to a MobileMe gallery to resize the pictures without affecting the original file?

For instance, in iPhoto I have a picture (1024x768) and I want to upload that picture to MobileMe in 800x600 but keeping the original picture (in iPhoto) in 1024x768.

I hope I'm clear in my explanations

I've looked around in the settings in iPhoto and MobileMe but I couldn't find anything or maybe I just don't understand the way iPhoto works

Thanks for your help!

Alchemac
23rd July 2008, 03:31 PM
You could always export them to the Desktop at a lower resolution, then upload them using the web app.

I can't see any "resize" options in the upload option out of iPhoto, but I have yet to install the new iPhoto update.

Cybix
23rd July 2008, 03:40 PM
use the "email" option in iPhoto, and email it to the email address that is configured for the specific photo album on mobileme. (you can get this address in the prefs in the mobileme web gallery panel)

I'm uploading my 'comic touch' pics from my iPhone using this method.

say if your mobileme username is jeff. then your album's email upload address might be "jeff-v3dd@me.com".

When iPhoto passes the photo to mail.app, in the bottom right corner, choose the size. (small, med, large, orig). I don't know what each setting will give you exactly (from a res perspective)..

experiment.