PDA

View Full Version : Tilting images - What program

swoffa
22nd July 2008, 10:04 PM
Gidday,
I've taken a couple photos that are not quite level. I recall a while ago I could 'drag' the corner of an image and a grid would appear over the image as a visual aid in lining up the image. Only did it once or twice and thought "hey this could be handy sometime". Well Sometimes here and I'm stumped.

It was when I was running Tiger, and I thought it was Preview, and that's a little different now in Leopard and doesn't have what I'm after. Can't for the life of me work out what program it was that I did this with. I still have iLife '06.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh yeah, I don't mean rotating 90, 180 degrees either

banjo
22nd July 2008, 10:08 PM
Lightroom does that ...

swoffa
22nd July 2008, 10:14 PM
I've only got the standard suite of mac apps, Skitch, and the Canon software that comes the camera.

EDIT:
Found it.
iPhoto > Edit > Straighten.
That drives me nuts. It's like looking for the potato peeler in the third drawer.

gaehl
22nd July 2008, 10:22 PM
iPhoto does it, if you edit a photo then look for the straighten command.

Galumay
22nd July 2008, 10:23 PM
iPhoto does it, select photo, click on 'edit' and then 'straighten'

LOL! gazumped by gaehl :D

cosmichobo
22nd July 2008, 10:24 PM
Canon....

I have a OS 9 app called PhotoStudio which came I believe with my Canon USB scanner... it has no OS X version sadly, but otherwise it's a fairly decent program, and can do either "free rotate" or rotate by degrees.

swoffa
23rd July 2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks guys.
After a couple of days of being blind I found it in iPhoto just after posting this. Talk about embarrassing. I edited my post above thinking I could stop wasting peoples time but was beaten to it by gaehl by a whisker.

again, thanks all for your feedback.