PDA

View Full Version : MobileMe and Apple ID issue

chrsha01
22nd July 2008, 05:50 PM
Just to clear up a few problems I'm having in relation to my MobileMe and Apple ID account.

1) Can your MobileMe "ID" be your Apple "ID"?

2) Why is it that in iTunes, my account ID is ________@me.com.au, why is this when my MobileMe account is _________@me.com, is it because I'm using an Australian iTunes account?

Thanks, any responses or suggestions to my issue will be greatly appreciated. :)

Chris.

morgs
22nd July 2008, 08:09 PM
I too am still a bit confused by this MobileMe transition.

Currawong
22nd July 2008, 08:22 PM
That's a bit screwy, as me.com.au isn't owned by Apple.

rpjallan
22nd July 2008, 08:22 PM
Your Apple ID and MobileMe accounts are different. I had an Apple ID (from purchases from the Apple online store) a long time before I had a .Mac/MobileMe account. You can use either or both accounts for iTunes, I believe...

yinyang
22nd July 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm keeping them separate still in case I decide not to go with the mobileme - my warranty registration & iTunes is stlll my original account ID

chrsha01
23rd July 2008, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know how to change the e-mail address I want iTunes receipts to be delivered to? As I have changed the e-mail address in the Account Information pane of iTunes but it seems to still send receipts to my previous e-mail account.

chrsha01
25th July 2008, 04:52 PM
Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

NeoRicen
27th July 2008, 04:38 PM
Not related to the original question but it's the same sort of thing, since for my MobileMe account I revived an old .Mac trial username, iTunes and anything else with an AppleID will only let me sign in as username@mac.com, but doesn't accept username@me.com.

Madone
27th July 2008, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know how to change the e-mail address I want iTunes receipts to be delivered to? As I have changed the e-mail address in the Account Information pane of iTunes but it seems to still send receipts to my previous e-mail account.
You can't change the username associated with your itunes account, annoying I know, because it means you cannot merge accounts that you have held (have spoken to Apple about this)

Although if you change contact info, it should work? Check out the Apple discussion pages and also the link to your itunes account.

The Architect.mac
27th July 2008, 04:48 PM
although i can't change my apple id username as such - my @me.com lets me log in everywhere and presents the same account info...