PDA

View Full Version : Signed up for MobileMe trial? Check your CC Statements!

Linux_insidev2
19th July 2008, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, Just thought I'd let you guys know, Apple were accidentally applying $110 authorisations on the cards of some of the people who signed up, I emailed them when I noticed my card was over limit and finally got an email this morning that implies I'm not the only one...

Dear MobileMe Member,
Apple has identified and resolved an issue that caused an incorrect, temporary authorization hold of 110 AUD to be placed on your credit or debit card when your MobileMe trial account was created. We have addressed the issue and want to apologize for any inconvenience.
Typically when you create a new trial account, your credit or debit card is verified by authorizing a small charge (equivalent to USD $1). Unfortunately, an error caused the incorrect amount to be preauthorized for your card. Be assured that this is not a charge, but only an authorization hold. The hold is released by the card-issuing bank after a predetermined period, usually between a week and a month. Where possible, Apple is working to have these holds removed earlier.
To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, we have extended your free trial period by 30 days. This extension is in addition to the 30-day extension of which you were notified on July 16, for a total of 120 days of free MobileMe service.
Look for the extension to be reflected in your account settings in the next few weeks. You may now enjoy MobileMe free of charge until 07/11/08, after which your annual paid subscription will begin.
Thank you for being a MobileMe customer.
Sincerely,
The MobileMe Team

tintinaujapon
19th July 2008, 10:53 AM
Wow, Apple are really starting to drop the ball these days, aren't they.

Is it just because they're becoming the new oval evil-lords and it goes with the territory when you have such a huge (and fast growing) userbase?

Huy
19th July 2008, 10:54 AM
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/21/53603-anyone-else-get-billed-mobileme-trial.html

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7117/behjh8.png

UPDATE!
This has since been removed as of this morning (12 days).
Took them (St George) long enough... :rolleyes:

Fantastic support from Apple here:

Dear Huy,

I am very sorry for the incorrect temporary authorization hold on
your Debit card. Apple has worked quickly to identify and resolve
the issue that caused an incorrect temporary hold when your account
was created.

Within the next few days, the MobileMe engineering team will contact
you by email to provide more information about how this matter will
be resolved. To ensure that you receive that email, you may need to
configure your email program to allow email from apple.com email
addresses.

If you do not receive that email within a few days, please reply to
let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you for your patience, and again, I apologize for the
inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Andrew
MobileMe Support & iTunes Store Customer Support
I then emailed back to say that it is all A-OK and that they've been great.

Dear Huy,

You're very welcome. Nothing makes Apple happier than to hear that we have delighted our customers. I hope that you continue to enjoy MobileMe.

Sincerely,

Andrew
MobileMe Support & iTunes Store Customer Support