PDA

View Full Version : Telstra & Visual Voice mail

W9cae
15th July 2008, 01:40 PM
Today I spoke with my contact at Telstra regarding voice mail. If some of you havn't noticed the voice mail button does not work and calling 101 from iPhone does not work also.

When you miss a call on Telstra you are sent an sms at the moment.

My contact tells me Telstra is setting up the visual voice mail system and an announcement from them will be soon. Soon could be a week or two or ?

But they are working on the situation!

Hamsmyth
15th July 2008, 02:01 PM
Great news I'm really looking forward to this feature.

spuds_imac
15th July 2008, 02:02 PM
Looking forward to this as well, All I need now is a 3G iPhone:(

macaholic
15th July 2008, 02:05 PM
Awesome news.
See the Apple page for details of what VV is and how to use it:
iPhone: About Visual Voicemail (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1486)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9638/vvxy8.png

Looking forward to this as well, All I need now is a 3G iPhone:(

Me too.
But I am getting one soon. :)
Maybe just in time for this feature and v2.1 :p

toholio
15th July 2008, 02:09 PM
Awesome news.
See the Apple page for details:

That's nothing new. Visual Voicemail has been available in the U.S.A. since last year.

macaholic
15th July 2008, 02:10 PM
That's nothing new. Visual Voicemail has been available in the U.S.A. since last year.

Yes, but not here in Oz.

I posted the link to help others, who may not understand what visual voicemail is.

Thanks.

Lutze
15th July 2008, 02:10 PM

We all know that - however VM was not advertised here, so the fact that it is being enabled is good news.

toholio
15th July 2008, 02:13 PM
I posted the link to help others, who may not understand what visual voicemail is.

I misunderstood you. When you wrote "Awesome news. See the Apple page for details" I thought you had taken the support page as some kind of official announcement.

sleadley
15th July 2008, 02:17 PM
calling 101 from iPhone does not work also.

This works for me. calling 101 gets to my Voicemail on Telstra. I have a 3G iPhone on my old plan, I did not upgrade to any data plans. It works the same as it did with my 2G Jailbroken, unlocked iPhone.
just so you know.
Simon L.

jml383
15th July 2008, 02:25 PM
Today I spoke with my contact at Telstra regarding voice mail. If some of you havn't noticed the voice mail button does not work and calling 101 from iPhone does not work also.

When you miss a call on Telstra you are sent an sms at the moment.

I was able to use the same technique from my Gen 1 iPhone for setting up voicemail for Telstra. All you need to do is dial *5005*86*101# then press the CALL button on your keypad and then your voicemail button will be active albeit not visual voicemail, however saves having to dial 101 all of the time.

macaholic
15th July 2008, 02:37 PM
I misunderstood you. When you wrote "Awesome news. See the Apple page for details" I thought you had taken the support page as some kind of official announcement.

OK.

Post edited for clarity.

W9cae
15th July 2008, 02:37 PM
I would advise against doing this technic to activate voicemail button.

*5005*86*101#

You might find yourself locked out of having the visual voice mail feature in the future.

annirowe
15th July 2008, 02:42 PM
My Telstra voicemail has worked since day one.. (friday when I got m new 3G one)..... Im awaiting patiently for Visual Voicemail however!

Brennan
16th July 2008, 12:22 PM
got wifes phone sunday and mine yesterday.

was asking about it, and was told to bring phone into service bar at t-life and they'd activate visual voicemail for me.

going to call them and find out the go.

will advise.

silverdreamer
16th July 2008, 12:29 PM
got wifes phone sunday and mine yesterday.

was asking about it, and was told to bring phone into service bar at t-life and they'd activate visual voicemail for me.

going to call them and find out the go.

will advise.

Good luck with that,:p It's NOT available yet!

These instore people know nothing.

happyfrogcow
16th July 2008, 01:21 PM
i just spoke to jessica online with telstra and see said visual voicemail has just be activated. who knows if see is right or wrong?

update: spoke to someone else online and they said its not working.

stevekicks
17th July 2008, 01:42 PM
yeah not working :(

vandozza
17th July 2008, 03:00 PM
at the very least there will be a "carrier update" to get this stuff working.

the button isn't just magically going to activate :)

just mentioning this as the people saying "it's not working" havn't really elaborated in regards to what they have tried. have you synced with itunes, checked for updates?

i don't know why im posting here... im with optus!

HumanMedia
19th June 2009, 05:13 PM
Do Telstra have visual voicemail yet? If so how do I activate?

W9cae
19th June 2009, 05:26 PM
No and by the looks of this document they are not getting.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/31/67039-no-visual-voicemail-tethering-telstra-official-document.html

AquaJules
28th August 2009, 09:09 AM
When I first had my iphone unlocked I set up my call forward if unanswered voicemail and it worked fine. However for some reason it no longer works; ie no one can leave a message anymore which is very frustrating. Does anyone know how I can fix the problem and get my voicemail working again? I am on version 1.1.3

K3G
30th August 2009, 03:22 AM
There's a good reason why most of our carriers don't want to enable visual voice mail as they wouldn't be able to charge you the ridiculous message bank fees that they currently do. When I spoke to voda asking what fees were involved with their vvm they said it was completely free as it uses data not call minutes. Even depositing is free. I find this absolutely mind blowing that a telco isn't trying to exploit voicemail for a change. Any way that's my 2 cents.