PDA

View Full Version : Colorvision Spyder owners

SilverJ
14th July 2008, 09:52 PM
Hey all,

When starting up Leopard I have an annoying ColorVision startup script that runs,
I think it is there to check how many days it has been since my last calibration.
The thing is that I don't want it to run at start up, osx already has the color profile created by the spyder selected and its just one more thing that slows down start up. If I want to re-calibrate it, I'll do it, I don't need the program to check each time I start up to see if it needs to remind me or not.
The weird thing is, sometimes it takes around 10 seconds other times it takes 20 seconds or so.
Not sure why it varies, but I hope that explains it somewhat to those who don't get this..

Can someone tell me how to remove this checker/startup script or disable it.
I have obviously checked the preferences for the program but there aren't many options..

Thanks in advance.

iPirate
14th July 2008, 10:00 PM
System Preferences -> Accounts -> Your Account -> Login Items?

rpjallan
14th July 2008, 10:27 PM
In the ColorVision preferences you should be able to change how long after each calibration it will remind you (weeks, months etc) or disable it altogether. I can't lay my hands on my Spyder right at the moment so I can't check exactly where in prefs it is. Have another look...

leon
14th July 2008, 10:41 PM
I have my colorvision preferences set to not remind me. I have also removed it from my login items, yet each time I start up my computers it always pops up. Sometimes it takes 2 seconds and disappears, yet other times it takes 20 seconds. I too would like to get rid of this.

SilverJ
14th July 2008, 10:50 PM
I just removed it from login items, thanks for that tip iPirate. I will shut down tonight and let you guys know tomorrow night when I turn on the mbp again whether it pops up or not before I try plan b. I also changed the re-calibration warning to never :)