PDA

View Full Version : Is .Mac/Me Mail Still Working For You...

Link
14th July 2008, 09:41 PM
I have just realised that I have not received any mail with my .mac address since 1:30 pm yesterday and was wondering if everyone else's was receiving OK?

I can send from the .mac mai to a gmail account but sending from the same gmail still dosen't appear in mail???

Apple sent me an email yesterday saying the account expires in 29 days but apart from that everything else appears normal...help anyone?

I am now worried I have lost emails.

:confused:

DJY
14th July 2008, 09:49 PM
My .Mac email has been working fine today.

adamjc
14th July 2008, 09:52 PM
When I log into MobileMe online the time is incorrect I think it is showing US PDT time. I have it set on +10 Melbourne in Account Preferences as well.

Do you guys have the same problem?

Phase
14th July 2008, 09:52 PM
my .Mac email is also having issues.

Will not push/pull to my iPhone at all.

tcn33
14th July 2008, 09:55 PM
Still no push for me. Not impressed.

Link
14th July 2008, 09:59 PM
When I log into MobileMe online the time is incorrect I think it is showing US PDT time. I have it set on +10 Melbourne in Account Preferences as well.

I had that problem earlier today with iCal at MobileMe where the appointment times were correct within themselves but were out by 3 to 4 hours. I changed preferences to +10 Melbourne, logged out and 3 hours later checked and all was well.

Taezar
14th July 2008, 10:08 PM
I too am having issues- least I hope so - it does work in spurts so I do get mail in and out, but am reverting to my gmail till it does.
I assume it will all pass when the whole mobile me/iphone blitz calms down.

digger1914
14th July 2008, 10:09 PM
my .Mac email is also having issues.

Will not push/pull to my iPhone at all.

Me too. I am getting emails pushed from .Me but not from .Mac, and that is the address I want to use.

Changes made to the calendar on Me are not coming through either

Blue Water Boy
14th July 2008, 10:12 PM
actually my mobile me is fine its mail.app thats screwing up... i launch and it just sits there with no window, when i click window --> message viewer it shows me a window than freezes........FRIKEN ANNOYING!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

digger1914
15th July 2008, 07:26 AM
I had that problem earlier today with iCal at MobileMe where the appointment times were correct within themselves but were out by 3 to 4 hours. I changed preferences to +10 Melbourne, logged out and 3 hours later checked and all was well.

My preferences in MobvileMe clearly show GMT +10, but when appointments come over to iCal they are in US time too! This is becoming very frustrating

adamjc
15th July 2008, 08:42 AM
It is getting very very frustrating! Especially the time it shows for emails.

Hopefully a fix is around the corner.

Link
15th July 2008, 09:16 AM
I just logged a fault with the Apple MobileMe support centre and it then said this...

Please check your inbox for our auto-acknowledgment email, which has just been sent to the email address you specified.

Which might be hard to do considering I can't recieve any email :p

WonderBoy
15th July 2008, 11:02 AM
All good here. With mail that is. Other things are acting weird.

DJY
15th July 2008, 06:59 PM
My preferences in MobvileMe clearly show GMT +10, but when appointments come over to iCal they are in US time too! This is becoming very frustrating

As a learned MacTalk member in another thread suggested to me...
in addition to setting the general account setting to the correct time zone...
in me.com on the calendar page - you need to set the time zone settings in Cal preferences too!
web based mail didn't seem to have the same preferences option - but the calendar does - which fixed this issue for me.

craigd
15th July 2008, 07:05 PM
I think im one of the lucky ones for a change my .mac and me.com email address are syncing perfectly as are calenders contacts \

everything is syncing within seconds and i LOVE it

pb12lover
15th July 2008, 07:06 PM
im having issues with mail.app on my mac, wont connect at all to mail.me.com. gives me the follow error
'the server “mail.mac.com” refused to allow a connection on port 993.'

What the? im not sure if ill continue with it after the first 60 days if this is going to be consistent.

adamjc
15th July 2008, 07:22 PM

Ok the issue with my calendar is fixed but my emails are still showing with the US PDT time.

All my time zone settings are on Melbourne +10.

Link
16th July 2008, 09:15 PM
I think I have solved my original mail problem...

When I first logged into me.com I forwarded all email to my work email address and checked the box to keep a copy in mail. Then, at work I logged on using Explorer 7, which me.com dosen't like apparently, and checked a few things.

Now, today at work when I checked the preferences for mail it has the forward email bit checked but the keep a copy in mobileme box doesn't exist to check! So, at home on my mac, logged back into me.com, re-checked the box and email works again!!

It's pretty crap we are now heavily restricted as to which email browser we can use :mad: