PDA

View Full Version : Trouble burning DVDs with new superdrive?

etai
14th April 2005, 02:16 PM
Hi there,

Just trying to burn some DVDs with my new-ish 1.67 G4, and I haven't had much success.
I've been using Toast Titanium 6.0 and TDK DVD-R 1-8X media and have burn coasters on my first two attempts,first whilst trying to burn at best speed then at a miserable 2x.

Toast doesn't seem to let me select bufferunderrun protection, however according to apple, the new drive do support buffer underrun protection while burning DVDs.

So any ideas?

hoony
14th April 2005, 02:39 PM
I've got a DVR-108 in my Quicksilver G4 and have burnt many DVD's at 8x using Toast 6.

Which drive do you have in your G4? The standard one or upgraded?

Also are you trying to do anything else whilst burning your dvds?

etai
16th April 2005, 11:08 AM
The drive is a UJ-835E. Standard Issue.

I've been able to solve the problem by updating to toast 6.0.9 (from 6.0).
I can now select the bufferunderrun protection option and haven't had ay problems since.

:D

bender
16th April 2005, 12:27 PM
My mate has had the same problem with his 1.67Ghz PB. He just went out and bought an external DVD burner, everything seems to work now :D

But yeah, you're not the first person to complain about the problem..you'd think Apple would do something about it!

Currawong
16th April 2005, 03:39 PM
bender, might I point out that etai's "problem" has nothing to do with Apple, it has to do with him using an out-of-date version of Toast, which, once updated, fixed the problem.

:)