PDA

View Full Version : Simple Paint Application with 'X Colour' Feature

DarkAvenger
14th July 2008, 01:39 AM
Does anyone know of a simple paint application that will allow me to globally change the colour of any pixels drawn in one colour to that of any other colour I choose. For example if I've used one particular colour to use in my picture and later I decide I want all pixels in that colour to be a different colour I can simply chose to instantly change all pixels drawn in that colour to the new colour rather than having to spend hours manually changing every single pixel to the new colour I want.

I say 'X Colour' because this is what such a feature was called in the days of 'Koala Paint' for the C64. I don't know what such a feature is usually called now. I currently use 'Paintbrush', but unfortunately it lacks such a feature. I also used 'Pixen', but it too lacked this feature and was downright frustrating to use which is why I switched to Paintbrush.

Any such application with this feature needs to be freeware. I mainly work with PNG images, most of which contain no more than 16 colours.

jubilantjeremy
14th July 2008, 01:41 AM
You haven't overlooked something like Select > Colour Range while you were looking for 'X colour' have you?

The GIMP runs on X11 on mac I think..

DarkAvenger
14th July 2008, 02:01 AM
GIMP is far too complex! I did say "simple" paint application not paint application that needs a computer science degree to install and use.

Piratbyran
14th July 2008, 07:56 PM
Pixen is probably your best bet, pm me or post here if you need help with it!
-pb