PDA

View Full Version : Newton 130 Software & help [merged] PLEASE HELP!

applecollector
14th April 2005, 08:33 AM
Hllo,

I recently (yesterday) got a Newton 130 and i would like to know where i can download
the connection utiluties version 1.0 in .hqx format if possiable!
I tried http://www.unna.org/ but i could only get Version 2.0 to work and or some reason that didn't work with my newton 130, so my last point is does anyone know where i could get version 1.0???

Thankyou

applecollector
14th April 2005, 09:28 AM
If it helps, i was using a colour classic running os 7.5.1 with 10megs of ram!

Byrd
14th April 2005, 09:52 AM
What version of software are you running on your Newt - version 1.x you need Newton Connection Software 2.0, for 2.x it's Newton Connection Utilities.

JB

applecollector
14th April 2005, 09:56 AM
it's running 2.0

applecollector
14th April 2005, 10:13 AM
i do have a version downloaded but i can't take it over to my Colur Classic on floppies because it's to big!
It's like 3 or 4 megs, but the thing is if someone can help me find a file that will fit on floppy disks and is in .hqx format then it will be easy from their on!
Thankyou

applecollector
14th April 2005, 01:59 PM
Ok i have managed to connect it to my colour classic and now when i try to install a .Pkg file on to it, it dosen't see it, that is when i click on install Package.
This is how i got the package onto the colour classic, i downloaded it on the emac and took the file over to my ibook and from the ibook to the colour classic!
and asi said above it can't install the package because it can't been seen?
Thanks for all your help people!

Disko
14th April 2005, 02:17 PM
*merges threads*

Applecollector - it is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one.

It is also better to edit your previous post rather than tacking a new one onto the discussion. While i'm ranting - please Read this thread (http://forums.appletalk.com.au/index.php?showtopic=3090). and sit on your hands for a bit.

applecollector
14th April 2005, 02:19 PM
OK but that still dosen't solve my problem!
PS: sorry