PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

womble
13th July 2008, 01:41 PM
Hey Guys

I have a JVC Camera and need to make a video today have imovie hd and it wont import the .mod and .moi files, i have read a forum saying convert the mod to mpg and it will work, is there a quick way to rename all the file ext to .mpg?

leon
13th July 2008, 01:45 PM
I'm assuming you have a HDD based JVC camera. You will most likely need iMovie 08 as it added support for HDD-based movie formats.
As for renaming files, a friend has a JVC HDD camera and we tried that with hers. Didn't work for me, so she just bought iLife 08.

womble
13th July 2008, 01:46 PM
Never mind, ive just tried it with one file and it wont work.
problem is We have the JVC Everio HD Camera, I have iMovie HD but it wont import, anyone have ideas? Ive heard maybe ilife 08 will work with the moi and mod files?

anyone?

leon
13th July 2008, 01:47 PM
Never mind, ive just tried it with one file and it wont work.
problem is We have the JVC Everio HD Camera, I have iMovie HD but it wont import, anyone have ideas? Ive heard maybe ilife 08 will work with the moi and mod files?

anyone?

Read post above. I'd also recommend editing the title of post to reflect the content of this thread. A lot of people will just skim over something that says help.

womble
13th July 2008, 01:48 PM
lol...sorry u must have posted when i as typing, thankns for the info.

santapj
13th July 2008, 01:51 PM
Try VisualHub (http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/) for video conversion. It will be the best $25 you've ever spent on a program.