PDA

View Full Version : Mac Spotting!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

decryption
16th January 2004, 07:23 PM
This is a thread to post where you've seen our favourite computers on TV commercials/magazines/movies/TV shows/stores/on the street/anywhere!

Radar
16th January 2004, 09:57 PM
Not really spotting a mac, but just pointing out that I love the fact that in the show 24, all the bad guys use PC's (and end up dead), and all the good guys use Mac's (and end up winning).

dogmatic
17th January 2004, 05:46 AM
I have a section of this on my blog. Tons of pics of Macs in the media etc.

http://dogmatic.typepad.com/

Check it out and feel free to comment. (Under the 'Mac Watch' section)

jameso
18th January 2004, 05:58 PM
on the finding nemo dvd there is a imac aquariam. so much for using clasic macs.

jameso

the_argon
19th January 2004, 10:51 AM
Willow from buffy the vampire slayer has always used mac laptops...

In under seige 2 the main guy has a newton...

I think there was a website just for this

Disko
20th January 2004, 12:18 PM
According to this whirlpool thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=151368

"the latest tv commercial for the labor party here in qld shows the premier on a powerbook - go pete!"

wikid. :)

Asher Tuzza
21st January 2004, 12:13 AM
i saw eyes wide shut the other day - there is a mac in it :-)

someone said there were girls in it tooo - but i was too busy looking for the mac's ;-)

enjoy

Disko
21st January 2004, 02:11 PM
http://bigpondmusic.com/tutorial_help/index.html

ibook on Bigpond music's web tutorial. Funny - there is absolutly nothing there that supports mac. :P

decryption
21st January 2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Jan 21 2004, 03:11 PM

ibook on Bigpond music's web tutorial. Funny - there is absolutly nothing there that supports mac. :P
hahahaha, they even got rid of the Apple logo :P

Asher Tuzza
21st January 2004, 03:43 PM
the photoshoping out of the apple logo in such circumstances just shows the arrogance and attitude of bigpond

Disko
21st January 2004, 03:47 PM
I'm fairly sure that it's just a stock photo, so it would have been whoever sold telstra the stock images that did the editing. I wouldn't call it arrogant either, i see it more as a sign of being ashamed that they use inferior products. :)

Comet
23rd January 2004, 06:46 PM
If you're in Melbourne, you can't miss those iTunes/iPod trams going around :)

Comet
23rd January 2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Radar@Jan 16 2004, 10:57 PM
Not really spotting a mac, but just pointing out that I love the fact that in the show 24, all the bad guys use PC's (and end up dead), and all the good guys use Mac's (and end up winning).

show 24, all the bad guys use PC's (and end up dead), and all the good guys use Mac's (and end up winning

Well, after watching 11 episodes into 24 season 3, this is a bit different now... I haven't seen the other 2 so I can't comment on them. Firstly, CTU now has G5s, 23" Apple Displays with iSight as their standard equipment. Jack Bauer is using the 17" powerbook as well. Greedy bastard!!

Anyhow, without revealing too many details about season 3 for those who ware simply waiting for it to be shown on the telly, Michelle uses a Dell laptop, and others as well. So far no sighting of an iPod but you never know :)

Yesterday I went to see the Return of the King (yes finally!!! due to the high demand of gold class I had to wait this long!!). Anyhow, as it was the first time to sit in gold class, I decided to stay till the very end of the credits, and to my surprise, there was a nice big Apple logo at the end.... I think it was Shake that they used.

Byrd
23rd January 2004, 08:17 PM
I'm almost ashamed to say I watched it, but the first 30 seconds of the music video 50 Cent: In Da Club is a blantant ad for the iPod. They must have paid the dude out big time for it :)

JB

decryption
23rd January 2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Comet@Jan 23 2004, 07:46 PM
If you're in Melbourne, you can't miss those iTunes/iPod trams going around :)
Yeah, I love those things.
They're usually on the St.Kilda Beach line down Bourke Street.
Haven't seen them around latley though :\

cmetom
24th January 2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by bYrd@Jan 23 2004, 09:17 PM
I'm almost ashamed to say I watched it, but the first 30 seconds of the music video 50 Cent: In Da Club is a blantant ad for the iPod. They must have paid the dude out big time for it :)

JB
maybe... but i don't think so.

i reckon they like the bling bling factor of the iPods. just like all their other stuff, they like to show off that they have the best of the best.

thebag
25th January 2004, 11:25 PM
I don't know if this counts, but I saw this today at the link below, and thought it was pretty cool.

All I can say is they must have better roads in Europe.

http://www.mujmac.cz/art/hw/tatra_mac_eng.html

An explanation is provided in english

Regards Mark

Disko
26th January 2004, 10:32 PM
Ab Fab. In the kitchen there is an apple display...

edit: It's a cube! (my favorite mac that i'll own someday)

mbd
27th January 2004, 12:12 PM
'John Doe' (Friday nights on Channel 9 i think) has macs regularly making appearances.

Byrd
27th January 2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Jan 26 2004, 10:32 PM
Ab Fab. In the kitchen there is an apple display...

edit: It's a cube! (my favorite mac that i'll own someday)
They sometimes have a current generation iMac as well :D

LCGuy
31st January 2004, 11:47 PM
In Independance Day, a PowerBook 5300 saved the world from an alien invasion! :D

cmetom
1st February 2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by LCGuy@Feb 1 2004, 12:47 AM
In Independance Day, a PowerBook 5300 saved the world from an alien invasion! :D
yes! by uploading a network worm to the aliens' wireless windows network and then DDOSing the mothership from all the remote clients!

Disko
1st February 2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by LCGuy@Feb 1 2004, 12:17 AM
... and who says macs are bad with networks? :ph34r:

LCGuy
1st February 2004, 03:23 AM
The aliens (probably IPEX users) that the PowerBook blew up. ;)

pipsqeek
5th February 2004, 07:32 AM
The TV show Dark Angel. The chicks acomplice uses Mac OSX. I didn't notice it because of the black coloured skin used throughout the OS. Until they had a close up of vital information and saw the three circles at the top left containing the, "X" "-" and "+". Definately a mac.

I only had one reason to watch the show, Jessica Alba. Now I have two reasons to watch the show. Her and the Mac. I duno which one gets me more worked up.

My wife always gives me funny looks from the other side of the couch.

Her: javascript:emoticon(';)')javascript:emoticon(':ang ry:')
Me: javascript:emoticon(':blink:')javascript:emoticon( ':ph34r:')

pipsqeek
5th February 2004, 07:36 AM
Hey, how come the emoticons did not work?

hmmm

Steve

Disko
5th February 2004, 08:58 AM
emoticons work: :mellow: :huh: :o :P ;) ;) :angry: :ph34r:

... you just need to put spaces either side of them - and you don't need that "javascript:emoticon" stuff.

LCGuy
5th February 2004, 08:58 AM
On American Pie (which I was watching last night), when that female gets down to business in the guy's room and he broadcasts it over the internet, everyone's using Beige G3s with AppleVision 1710s. :D

pipsqeek
5th February 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm like a kid in a candy store with that scene. I just don't know where to look.

Steve

Byrd
5th February 2004, 07:27 PM
That scene? It's pretty obvious surely :) American Pie 3 has it's ... moments ... as well.

I think there were some bad floods/storms in Perth?? earlier this week. Broadcast on the 6pm news was a poor bugger who had his whole roof ripped off - everything strewn all over the place - then there in the middle, untouched was a Mac SE :)

JB

mbd
5th February 2004, 11:03 PM
Have noticed a lot of wallstreet looking powerbooks in The West Wing too....

LCGuy
6th February 2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Feb 5 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm like a kid in a candy store with that scene. I just don't know where to look.

Steve
Lol, same here.

Asher Tuzza
11th February 2004, 02:25 AM
anyone watch that movie TIME LINE yet?
i think its the first movie i saw a COLOURED iPod mini straped to someones arm :-)
also has a few other mac's in the movie toooo

Disko
12th February 2004, 11:12 AM
Found this on apple's site:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/features/starringapple.html

it has a "must watch Apple TV" part for all the tv shows with macs in them.

decryption
24th February 2004, 11:55 AM
While watching 60 Minutes last Sunday I saw a doctor that worked on Richard Carleton's heart by-pass surgery take a PowerBook in to the operating theatre with him, had a 3D model of his patients heart, and operating surgery with the PowerBook showing him where to cut and such.

I also saw Reverend Camden in 7th Heaven with a PowerBook on his desk. Don't ask why I was watching 7th Heaven, I just was... okay? :P

Oh, and watching Storytelling, Scooby, has an indigo iMac in his bedroom :P

elf
28th February 2004, 12:37 AM
Couldn't help but reply to this.
One of the funniest is in Swordfish, where they are using PC's, but had to replace the hideous PC keyboards with Apple Pro keyboards n' mice, when doing a camera shot of the hands typing.

DeKa
28th February 2004, 09:00 PM
I saw a newish iBook (12"?) on the desk of the principal in Home & Away the other night. Pity it was switched off!

Derek :(

Nick_the_Beast
29th February 2004, 11:29 PM
The new Aussie movie - "One Perfect Day" has a ton of macs in it, in fact, the lead character uses a powerbook (15" I think) and the Apple logo is clearly visible on screen a number of times, especially during the closing half hour or so!

Not so long ago, you'd be hard pressed to get aussies to admit to using macs, let alone put one in their movie! :P

kim jong il
1st March 2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Disko@Jan 21 2004, 02:11 PM

Ha&#33; I&#39;ve got you here. This will probably sound snobbish and superior <_< If you&#39;ve got a mac and itunes why would you need support at all really :lol:

cheers, kim

LCGuy
2nd March 2004, 10:58 AM
Did anyone watch the show "The Games" on ABC while it was on a few years ago? I believe they had an episode where they got iMacs and tried to use them like PCs. :P That show was hilarious.

Asher Tuzza
2nd March 2004, 11:08 AM
i can just imagine &#39;start&#39; shutdown - hmmm nothing even similare in the world of logic let alone macintosh...

Craigglez
2nd March 2004, 03:13 PM
I watched TV last night for the first time in a while and noticed a few Macs. In Absolutely Fabulous they are everywhere, not a PC to be seen&#33; And I noticed a PowerMac G4 (I think <_< ) in some gay guys renovating some other guys house, cant remember the program.

LCGuy
2nd March 2004, 06:44 PM
I just remembered...a couple of years ago on Hot Auctions (2001 i think&#33;), i saw a PowerBook 100. :D Fancy seeing a 10 year old Mac on TV.

the_argon
2nd March 2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by LCGuy@Mar 2 2004, 11:28 AM
Did anyone watch the show "The Games" on ABC while it was on a few years ago? I believe they had an episode where they got iMacs and tried to use them like PCs. :P That show was hilarious.
lol, that was one of the best tv shows.

In one ep. they were in a conference with IBM - the major sponsor of all the computer equip. A courier stuck his head in the door and asked john where he wanted all the iMac&#39;s. lol

I could imagine thats what the SOCOG office would be like.

John, Gina, Brian and the minister&#39;s secretary....

LCGuy
2nd March 2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by the_argon@Mar 2 2004, 08:31 PM
I could imagine thats what the SOCOG office would be like.
Y&#39;know, i don&#39;t doubt it one bit....

jameso
3rd March 2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LCGuy@Mar 2 2004, 10:58 AM
Just thinking about that show makes me smile

Also, as mentioned before, home and away (OK, i admit, i used to watch it) has been full of Macintoshes since the iMac

jameso

pipsqeek
5th March 2004, 03:25 PM
This one was funny.

Last night, about to go to bed..and I saw my woman watching some show where this guy has to make things better, time stops and he has a chance to do so, another mission complete....blah blah blah....

Anyway, there was this part where someone was on a 15" PB. And the funny part was???

he was typing away, and the little Apple logo (that lights up when the screen is on) turned off in the midst of him thrashing away at the keyboard....with him still typing.

Hmmm, I thought, wonder what he can reallly see???

then they cut back to him and the Apple logo is on again.

I thought that was funny.

The other place I have seen not so much macs, but OS X is on CSI Miami. When they are using computers to look up stuff and they do a close up of the screen, the windows are all black but you can see the three coloured circles in the upper left corner...Yelling out, CLOSE WINDOW, MINIMISE, MAXIMISE.

Steve

anarchron
5th March 2004, 04:07 PM
I think Rove uses a Mac PowerBook now in the new season of Rove Live.

pipsqeek
5th March 2004, 05:02 PM
Rove&#39;s always use the 15inch PB.

Atleast for the past three years I have noticed. :)

Steve

Byrd
5th March 2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Mar 5 2004, 05:02 PM
Rove&#39;s always use the 15inch PB.

Atleast for the past three years I have noticed. :)

Steve
Shame about the show :)

Has anyone actually seen him use it?

JB

Disko
5th March 2004, 05:46 PM
err... that&#39;s a sony laptop. They had a contest where you could win it last year.

pipsqeek
6th March 2004, 07:19 PM
Fair enough.... well good for Sorny to make a laptop as sleek as the the PB.

Pitty about the OS that comes with it. Not to mention the price tag.

decryption
7th March 2004, 10:31 AM
Sony has killer laptops in Japan.
The Sony Vaio X505 is a marvel of engineering&#33;
Just look at it&#33;

http://www.users.on.net/gunners11/x505-2.jpg

More pics of this beauty on Icecube.Us (http://www.icube.us/sony_x505/product_overview.htm) it&#39;s US&#036;3299 via Dynamism or Icecube.Us, which once you factor in postage and customs, would be at least AUS&#036;5,000.

I&#39;d kill for one of these to use at uni, bye bye heavy back injury inducing bag of textbooks&#33; Only 785 grams and CPU isn&#39;t too pissweak either, a Pentium M 1GHz, around the same as a 12" PowerBook.

As much as I love Apple&#39;s industrial design, Sony is far far superior...

pipsqeek
7th March 2004, 03:36 PM
I find that generally, anything is Japan is killer compared to the crap we get down here.

The cars, motorcycles, computers, etc.....all the things I like anyway.

Steve

Asher Tuzza
7th March 2004, 03:45 PM
what about the women?

moth
7th March 2004, 04:22 PM
anarchron is correct - rove does use an apple powerbook in his show as of this year. you will notice in his promo shoots just before he goes on air that the pb is conveniently placed infront of him, showing off the glowing apple logo. nice product placement&#33;

pipsqeek
11th March 2004, 07:20 AM
As previously mentioned...Absolutely Fabulous has Mac&#39;s plastered throughout the show.

Most of them CUBES....

*homers voice - HmmMMmmmm.....Cubes*

Steve

pipsqeek
14th March 2004, 09:50 PM
Just finished watching an Aussie movie on Ten called "Go Big".

They were using macs, looked like a 15 inch powerbook.

Also, tonight as well, say the guys in My Resturant Rules using a 14 inch iBook.

Exposure baby&#33;&#33;&#33;

Steve

Byrd
15th March 2004, 07:47 AM
Also watched a Ten telemovie &#39;on the beach&#39;. Rachel Ward (?, I think) was using a LCII with 12" monitor. :)

the_argon
15th March 2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bYrd@Mar 15 2004, 08:17 AM
Also watched a Ten telemovie &#39;on the beach&#39;. Rachel Ward (?, I think) was using a LCII with 12" monitor. :)
And she was using a G3 PowerBook for some of it too.

How ridiculous was that solar computer... as if.

pipsqeek
15th March 2004, 10:53 AM
Just remembered Seinfield use to have a Classic sitting in the background, and I remember one season it was an LCII..could be wrong.

But it was a mac.

Steve

Byrd
15th March 2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Mar 15 2004, 10:53 AM
Just remembered Seinfield use to have a Classic sitting in the background, and I remember one season it was an LCII..could be wrong.

But it was a mac.

Steve
The LCII in Seinfeld ... was a Duo and dock IIRC

JB

decryption
15th March 2004, 11:51 AM
In one series, Seinfeld had a 20th Anniversary Mac on his desk ;)

PeterPE
18th March 2004, 06:19 PM
I just loved the TV news items tonight showing kids in school taking on added value with their computing with each kid being given an e-mail account on the school network. iBooks and eMacs everywhere and the Apple logo was quite prominent.

Apparently, the entire NSW public school education system will have an intranet and every kid will use e-mail. One wonders if there will be enough computers to go round. Probably not.

pipsqeek
18th March 2004, 10:26 PM
The school I went to had three computer rooms. And it still wasn&#39;t called an Technology High school.

They were finally all networked to each other about 1 month before I started the HSC, in other words, I did not get to see what it would have been like.

I don&#39;t know how its suppose to make student more computer savy by giving them an email account. Why don&#39;t they teach something proper, like setting up an internet connection? or networking a printer pool?

I am in my 3rd stage of Network Engineering at TAFE, next semester will basically be spent out on the job....as soon as I find some one who is willing to &#39;hire&#39; free technical services of a soon to be network engineer. Anyway, we haven&#39;t learnt a thing about how IP numbers came about, setting up a networked printer (via cat5 cabling). I have had to basically do this stuff at home in my own time (which the majority of other students don&#39;t have the equipment to do it with). If I did not spend time at home setting things up like this, then I would have never knows how to. And judging by the way TAFE is going, I don&#39;t think anyone is going to know about it.

Like I say to the teachers at TAFE, I&#39;m only here for the paper with my name on it.

Steve

PeterPE
19th March 2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Mar 18 2004, 11:26 PM

I don&#39;t know how its suppose to make student more computer savy by giving them an email account. Why don&#39;t they teach something proper, like setting up an internet connection? or networking a printer pool?

Steve
Maybe, when they give each student an e-mail account and network the lot of them, it&#39;s not about helping to get them more computer savvy, but instead, about improving communications and providing the electronic resource to empower them for research in their general studies.

jameso
24th March 2004, 10:41 PM
email in school is the best tool. i remember back in the day....

sorry, i wont do that

jameso

FreakMac
29th March 2004, 11:53 PM
I nearly died when I seen in the &#39;Sunday Magazine&#39; of the Sydney Sunday Telegraph 21/03/04, front inside cover two full pages of A3 size pumping iLife&#39;04 & OS X&#33;&#33;. This is the FIRST Apple ad I&#39;ve ever seen in the mainstream media in my LIFE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I also sit through TV/Movies looking out for them..look there&#39;s another one&#33;&#33;...if only this was the real world....we&#39;d all be using Macs&#33;&#33;

Craigglez
30th March 2004, 12:20 PM
Queer Eye last night - 12" iBook G4

pipsqeek
30th March 2004, 08:07 PM
Saw it too&#33;&#33;&#33;

I squeeled with excitement. sorry, did that sound Gay.

I think I have been watching Queer Eye to long.

Lets motor&#33;
Steve

macshack
30th March 2004, 10:06 PM
Sex in the City last night too (straight after queer eye - no pun intended). Carrie writes her column on a 15" powerbook.

All the My Restaurant Rules couples have ibooks.

Hmmm - displaying my very bad taste in tv&#33;

Cheers

Melinda

pipsqeek
30th March 2004, 10:20 PM
Don&#39;t worry&#33;

I have already mentioned those shows....not to put you down....just to make you feel more at ease that there are OTHERS that watch these crappy shows. I must get out more.

Now, wheres that remote and TV guide?

Steve

kim jong il
5th April 2004, 05:26 PM
OK, the west wing is mentioned numerous times, once more will not hurt. I was surprised (ep 5x17, 5x18)?? Saw the powerbook on a desk (nothing else seems to look quite the same) Later, a brief view of the cover and ........ That funny blue US gov&#39;t logo with the bird? I&#39;m guessing that apple was not prepared to pay for the apple logo being visible.

It was a shock. It looked badly wrong :blink:

cheers, kim

kim jong il
5th April 2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by PeterPE+Mar 19 2004, 08:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PeterPE &#064; Mar 19 2004, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pipsqeek@Mar 18 2004, 11:26 PM

Snipped
Why don&#39;t they teach something proper, like setting up an internet connection? or networking a printer pool?

Steve
Snipped
(It&#39;s) about improving communications and providing the electronic resource to empower them for research in their general studies.[/b][/quote]
I cannot agree enough with the second statement here

This will look badly off topic as it is not connected (within the thread) with its related posts but...........

bad luck.

Really, If it&#39;s a problem, I will get rid of it

cheers, kim

pipsqeek
5th April 2004, 06:25 PM
Improving communication. I can see where you are coming from. But I still think that face to face communication is best. Where tone of voice, body language and actions can really give someone more of a feel of what is happening.

Maybe the idea of communication for me is more of a vocal thing. There are always kids that do not have any idea on how to read and sometimes speak. Gramma and pronounciation of words are dwindelling by the year.

As mentioned, I agree with communication and the use of the net for it, but I don&#39;t think it will improve what is more important. These days people are less in touch with one another - I mean this by hanging out together or meeting up in person.

I am guilty of using the net for most of my social life. But I feel that this will not help in situations when people are confronted face to face. Personal space will increase so people will feel more threatened by physical contact.

I am looking at the bigger picture and the future.

This is just one mans opinion though. I just feel that way with it.

Steve

cmetom
5th April 2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Apr 5 2004, 07:25 PM
Gramma and pronounciation of words are dwindelling by the year.
yes they are... spelling, too&#33; :rolleyes:

PeterPE
6th April 2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Apr 5 2004, 07:25 PM
Maybe the idea of communication for me is more of a vocal thing. There are always kids that do not have any idea on how to read and sometimes speak. Gramma and pronounciation of words are dwindelling by the year.

Steve
And spelling.

Written communication and reading is essential for learning grammar, spelling and effective expression of one&#39;s ideas. Yet far too many contributors to forums such as ATA are seriously in trouble with a demonstrable lack of writing skills. I have to ask, "why did some of these people go to school? They wasted their time there."

the_argon
6th April 2004, 08:30 AM
Please guys, keep it on topic.

There&#39;s quite often an old LC575 in ABC&#39;s tv shows Sea Change & Something In The Air...

pipsqeek
6th April 2004, 05:38 PM
Well, didn&#39;t think thread submarine into some other waters.

Sorry, back to the topic. I saw another PB on tv, was too late to tell what show it was, falling off to sleep when I noticed..woke me up then I went to bed.

Steve

p.s. my spelling is terrible.

cmetom
7th April 2004, 01:20 AM
just saw a TiBook on a desk during an interview on the matrix3 DVD.. i&#39;ll screencap it tomorrow or sometime.

pipsqeek
7th April 2004, 10:45 AM
Just saw an advert for Portmans...a female clothing outlet.

There was a white iBook sitting on a desk. Not sure of size.

Steve

pipsqeek
10th April 2004, 07:00 AM
Chatting on the IRC channel last night, I saw Slim Shady, aka Eminem on RAGE in his latest clip. He was using an iPod.

Not a mini. Not even a mac but nevertheless another great Apple Product.

Steve

PeterPE
10th April 2004, 10:05 AM
Letterman&#39;s Late Show last night: Sting performed. Sting&#39;s backing group had a member sitting there with an open PB17 in front of him, intently doing something to assist with the production of their music. Perhaps, they were all miming and the PB was the star of the show&#33; Hate Letterman, though.

pipsqeek
10th April 2004, 11:35 AM
You could watch a recording of that show and its not that different from the previous evening.

I use to find it entertaining for a few weeks ages ago. But now its just a lot of bulldust.

Good for the PB though. it may have been the star.

Steve

pipsqeek
15th April 2004, 09:44 AM
Just saw a G5 with a 20" Apple LCD Display on Channel 10.

It was a Big Brother commercial I saw while having my breakfast.

Grettle Kelean (whatever her name is) is layng across the desk and there is a G5 and the monitor right in the center, directly behind her. In plain as day view.

Nice.

Steve

Jimbo
15th April 2004, 12:59 PM
i think apple have the arket cornered as far as chic, bling bling goes, all the shows on the fashion channel feature models with their pbg4s te he he

Luren
15th April 2004, 06:24 PM
Seen this afternoon on the ABC&#39;s Kids TV, Mixy ( a pink rabbit, think she was with the ferals ) had an old gray Macintosh (Classic?) behind her <_<

the_argon
26th April 2004, 12:01 AM
Just watching &#39;the net&#39; on tv1. The bad guy is using a PB 540c.

EDIT: Sandra Bullocks character was trying to hack an IP: 23.75.345.200 :D

Gotta love these crappy hacker movies

LCGuy
26th April 2004, 10:51 AM
Hey, The NET wasn&#39;t THAT bad&#33; :P I don&#39;t mind watching Sandra Bullock sitting on the beach using a Powerbook Duo.Makes a good ad for 68k Macs. ;)

Phillip
1st May 2004, 08:40 AM
furniture catalogues (eg. target) all have macs used to make the desks look good...

in melbourne, theirs ipod posters on buses everywhere.

LCGuy
1st May 2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Phillip@May 1 2004, 08:40 AM
furniture catalogues (eg. target) all have macs used to make the desks look good...
Mmm, yes, forgot about those&#33;&#33;

A few years ago (1999/2000), there on the way out of the Brisbane Airport there used to be a huge poster advertising the fruit flavoured iMac DVs...ahh those were the days...

the_argon
1st May 2004, 11:16 AM
haha, just remembered another one...

Lame 90&#39;s kids show called &#39;GhostWriter&#39; used to be on the abc. They used to use a classic with an acoustic coupler modem (the type you actually have to physically hang up.)

yinyang
1st May 2004, 11:31 AM
they use the older iPods at australia zoo as &#39;audio tour guides&#39; - suppose you can always throw them at the attacking crocodiles in the event of danger...&#33; :D

and the RTA will have almost 1200 LCD iMacs in the near future, so look out for them when you renew your license/rego, etc

rice mac
5th May 2004, 01:54 AM
Sopranos, season 8, ep#1 - The Two Tonys

Tony and Carmela are estranged and young Anthony Jnr, gets home to his mother&#39;s place and I see these &#39;ickle white earphones in his ear canal. About 5 minutes later Carmela is whinging about how Tony keeps spoiliing his son by buying all these extravagant gifts &#39;first the iPod, now the drum kit&#33;&#39;

Not a bad episode either, about time Ch9 started airing this season.

Ignoramus
5th May 2004, 02:59 PM
I&#39;m surprised no one has mentioned this one yet but in Runaway Jury, an iPod is used to store the evidence aganst the gun manufacturers. You see the guy (John Cusack) coping stuff to it then hiding it under a floorboard.

I recall being told that Apple is really good with product placements and they tend to do that more than advertising directly in the media

Phillip
9th May 2004, 02:43 PM
j.lo&#39;s "jenny from the block" clip features her dancing with a 1st gen ipod

Danamania
9th May 2004, 03:52 PM
This isn&#39;t really spotting a mac somewhere, but spotting something on a mac that shows where it&#39;s been

http://homepage.mac.com/jwt1863/.Pictures/...ableSticker.jpg (http://homepage.mac.com/jwt1863/.Pictures/HACKS/Misc_Peripheral_Pics_etc/PortableSticker.jpg)

It&#39;s on a machine belonging to one of the fellows on another forum. 10 points if you pick which one :) (machine that is. not forum. or member)

dana

LCGuy
9th May 2004, 07:11 PM
Mac Portable&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

But yes, i reckon it would be awesome to own a Mac that came from somewhere such as Nasa..... :o I wonder if it&#39;s that one that sent the first email from space back in the early 1990s............ :o

gelfie
12th May 2004, 04:42 PM
Ok, not exactly a mac... but the "Plasma bomb" on last night&#39;s Alias sure looked to be an Airport Basestation to me.

dogmatic
12th May 2004, 11:01 PM
Sopranos, season 5, ep#10 - Cold Cuts

I&#39;m fortunate enought to have seen the vast majority of the latest season of The Sopranos (don&#39;t ask&#33;)

Anyway in episode 10, Bobby Bacala&#39;s son is sitting at the dinner table going on about the... "G5... and it comes with a 64bit processor..." or words to that effect. Watch for it when it airs in a few weeks.

(There have been a few Mac&#39;s on the Sopranos of late... more can be seen at my blog... http://dogmatic.typepad.com - sorry for the shameless plug).

nJm
19th May 2004, 10:52 PM
I always thought it was a bit odd that on the West Wing that some of them would be using Powerbooks (initially lots of Prismo&#39;s, then newer Ti or Al books) along side Gateway and Dell laptops. Just goes to show how compatible everything is these days :)

As for Sex in the City, well Carrie has always used Mac laptops. For years she used a Wallstreet (bronze keyboard, right?). In one of the episodes there was an ad for her book, showing her holding a dual USB iBook with the Apple logo coloured in pink&#33; I think she has a new PB in the current series?

In one episode her Wallstreet crashes. She gets her boyfriend to fix it which results in a bomb message, and then on reboot an an angry mac (or whatever you call them). He says he doesn&#39;t know what to do with it as he uses PCs. Then even go to an Apple Centre to get it fixed :)

I was actually talking to one of my friends about macs and product placement the other night. She said that they use Macs in an SBS show called Queer As Folk.

Phillip
22nd May 2004, 03:32 PM
home and away has the imac in flynn&#39;s surgery and they have ibooks are sumer bay high. they even had an isight on the ibook once, because they were doing something with web cams

Crambo
22nd May 2004, 04:27 PM
What I don&#39;t understand is the use of a Mac but then in post-production layering a Windows screenshot over the display, I&#39;ve seen this in The Advertiser&#39;s &#39;Career One&#39; jobs section and also on a few television shows. It&#39;s hard to understand as the Mac OS is part of Apple&#39;s iconic nature and to give one the impression that Apple is natively able to support Windows simply destroys any division and leaves consumers asking David Jones&#39; staff "Am I able to run all of my existing software on this machine, also what&#39;s the difference?". However disturbing that is, it is not as disturbing as the answer "The difference is in the engineering but your software library will be fine."

Sorry if I&#39;ve turned this post into a long-winded complaint, it just really bugs me and we all know it&#39;s not marketing&#39;s fault&#33;

Phillip
22nd May 2004, 07:21 PM
Actually on telstras latest (mothers day) catalogue they have a pc notebook with a screenshot of mac os 9 with ie.

Remember the testra ads featuring bert newton? well, whole he was "researching" on the internet he used a pc with a mac screenshot over it.

Byrd
2nd June 2004, 10:05 PM
Bit embarrassed to say it, but I&#39;ve been sick and the only movie I found in the house was Legally Blonde. Sure it has Witherspoon in it, but it&#39;s a chick flick through and through. :P

Question: Just how much did Apple pay for the placement of her Tangerine iBook? It came up all the time in the film, her buying it in an Applecentre, her revealing it during her lesson (surrounded by dozens of boring black PC notebooks), and typing on it when studying.

JB

Phillip
2nd June 2004, 10:24 PM
coyote ugly was on a couple of weeks back and they had a blueberry ibook :)

rice mac
3rd June 2004, 03:08 PM
Legally Blonde. Sure it has Witherspoon in it, but it&#39;s a chick flick through and through.

Question: Just how much did Apple pay for the placement of her Tangerine iBook? It came up all the time in the film, her buying it in an Applecentre, her revealing it during her lesson (surrounded by dozens of boring black PC notebooks), and typing on it when studying.

Don&#39;t know how much Apple paid, but Gateway was in the sequel with a pink laptop. Pink&#33; It must be quite painful on the eyes. :wacko:
http://news.com.com/2100-1042-1011525.html
http://news.com.com/i/ne/p/2003/053003_pinkgateway.jpg

Gateway PCs will have a notable presence in this summer&#39;s movies, including a color-coordinated cameo in "Legally Blonde 2," a company spokesman said...

The PC maker also is preparing a special-edition Gateway 450 notebook entirely in pink, instead of silver, based on one of the machines that appear in the movie, according to sources familiar with the company&#39;s plans. The current Gateway 450 features a choice of different Intel mobile Pentium processors and 14-inch or 15-inch screens and starts at about &#036;1,300.

Gateway declined to comment on the special-edition PC.

macpimp
5th June 2004, 10:05 PM
the brilliant movie "lost in translation" is full of powerbooks and ibooks.

pipsqeek
6th June 2004, 12:10 AM
Heaps of TV shows are starting to get mac&#39;s in them. all over the place.

Even most of those new Mitsubishi adverts. There is a 15"AlBook in most of them.

Steve

conufsed
11th June 2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by LCGuy@Feb 5 2004, 08:58 AM
On American Pie (which I was watching last night), when that female gets down to business in the guy&#39;s room and he broadcasts it over the internet, everyone&#39;s using Beige G3s with AppleVision 1710s. :D
The &#39;webcast&#39; is shown to be a mac, but from memory its actually running off another box, and the whole os is scripted animation of sorts. I found it somewhere on the web, and I&#39;d have a look, but I&#39;m wasting enough time at work already reading

LCGuy
11th June 2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Phillip@Jun 2 2004, 10:24 PM
coyote ugly was on a couple of weeks back and they had a blueberry ibook :)
And she has the same CD burner as me, too&#33; :D Except that mine is SCSI, but it still looks liek its the same mech. :D

harryb2448
11th June 2004, 02:09 PM
Just love iMac 350 and 400&#39;s used in Target supermarket catalogues. Someone in their marketing department is right on&#33; ;)

Danamania
11th June 2004, 08:08 PM
There&#39;s a mac in Terminator 3: Rise of the machines

Not directly... not as you&#39;d see one in a normal movie, but the following pic shows all...

http://www.danamania.com/temp/terminator.jpg

Yes, that&#39;s the scene where Arnie reboots after being shut down. He&#39;s Booting Mac OS9

The Terminator is the mac&#33; From memory, he was supposed to be a little better model than the original terminator in the first movie - which would make sense... that terminator scrolled 6502 assembly language up its screen. Apple ][ based :)

dana

LCGuy
11th June 2004, 08:26 PM
No wonder why he had to reboot...he&#39;s running OS 9&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; If he was really that advanced he&#39;d be running X. ;)

Phillip
14th June 2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bYrd@Jun 2 2004, 10:05 PM
Bit embarrassed to say it, but I&#39;ve been sick and the only movie I found in the house was Legally Blonde. Sure it has Witherspoon in it, but it&#39;s a chick flick through and through. :P

JB
it was on last night&#33; :lol:

i don&#39;t think apple paid them because they had to get a computer to stand out of the ugly imb notebook anyway..

LCGuy
15th June 2004, 08:17 AM
How about this, i did not spot a Mac in a film i recently watched, but i DID spot a mention of Apple.

I&#39;m talking about the bit in Forrest Gump where he opens the letter from Apple, with the Apple logo very visable, along with the words "Apple Computer Inc." underneath it, as he says, "He got me invested in some kinda fruit company&#33;"

trotkiller
22nd June 2004, 09:16 AM
Better Homes and Gardens last saturday used a iBook and a eMac in an office make over they did

Cam
22nd June 2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dogmatic@Jan 17 2004, 05:46 AM
I have a section of this on my blog. Tons of pics of Macs in the media etc.

http://dogmatic.typepad.com/

Check it out and feel free to comment. (Under the &#39;Mac Watch&#39; section)
Very nice website..

kim jong il
27th June 2004, 08:09 AM
The NASA TV series of webcasts for kids/teenagers makes extensive use of powerbooks and powerbook/iSight combos. Some of these seem to be blatant apple promos (no bad thing in my mind) Others may disagree......

Uh, another thing; only available as real media streaming video; no quicktime <_<

pipsqeek
29th June 2004, 05:08 PM
which reminds me, I have yet to try to use an iSight on my telescope.

Damn I wish I won that iSight at the WWDC preview show in Sydney.

sorry, nothing in regards to the post.

Just a relation between NASA and the iSight.

Steve

rice mac
2nd July 2004, 11:09 PM
Renault&#39;s global parts database runs only on OS 9.

Hobart
3rd July 2004, 03:18 AM
in sex and the city the main charter has a mac one of the old black mac laptops

pipsqeek
4th July 2004, 09:56 PM
Rice, that is interesting to hear that Renault&#39;s factory runs mac OS 9.

Crazy.

Steve

Ozi
23rd July 2004, 10:31 AM
Lance Armstrong, who has won the last 6 "Tour De France" races, has an iPod&#33; w0000t&#33;&#33;

On the timetrail up Alp du Huéz, he was warming up on his excercise bike before the race, and you could see him playing with the scrolling button, selecting his music, then listening away with his white earbuds.

Awesome to see. :D

matrixgeek
26th July 2004, 04:23 PM
Lots of athletes now use iPods. In the National Basketball Association (worlds best basketball comp.) apparently 75% pf players now have iPods. Some of this could be attribute to the current &#39;bling bling&#39; status of the iPod in the hip-hop world, but I have even read some players mentioning that they have got pBooks or iBooks to drive the iPods&#33; Just another good example of Apple using product placement and guerilla marketing to make their products stand out and not just be whitegoods like most PC&#39;s. The old adage &#39;make it good looking, desirable and hard to get and it&#39;ll sell like hotcakes&#39; rings so true with Apple. You only have to set a &#39;Book up at a network or LAN and watch the looks and start answering the questions...
Mat

Hobart
28th July 2004, 06:34 AM
have you ever seen the burton snowboard jacket that is ment to hold ipods it has a little flap for play skip and such oh and shaun white has an ipod (hes like the tiger woods of snowboarding)

Ozi
28th July 2004, 12:09 PM
yeah ihave seen those jackets.... they are specially designed so snow wontget into your iPod if you stack. :)

And as for mac spotting, I am sitting in the Melbourne Student Union computer room (level 4, union building) and they have 30 iMacs (700MHz G4s, 512 MB SDRAM) which are free to use. I am very impressed that they all have Office, and Dreamweaver MX/Flash MX /Fireworks MX/ Freehand MX (2004 versions.) They also have "Fetch" and a couple of other usefull apps installed.

Anyways, i dunno if there are any other Apple Talkers at Melbourne Uni, but if there are, we should organise to catch up in the computer lab&#33;

Also, I can be seen around campus with my pBook. Come up and say hi&#33; :D

OziMac
28th July 2004, 12:39 PM
[EDIT] This is somewhat off topic, so please move if you think that is appropriate...

Well, I was at Melbourne Uni for 5 years and worked there for 2 years so I can definitely confirm that it is still wonderfully Mac friendly. In fact, I switched partly as a consequence of working on Macs there in one form or another - and that was OS 9, not even OS X&#33; My first modern day Mac purchase was a 12" iBook G3 700 with OS X and let me tell you how amazed I was by it after so many years of Winsubjugation.

All the Student Admin and Student Programs systems are Macs (were G4s when I was working there) as are most of the Student Union systems. The Design and Copy Centre of the Student Union had some awesome machines in its day to use for graphic design and production - I assume they would be G5s by now.

The Science faculty is also Mac-heavy and the Maths and Stats department is an all Mac zone - they had iMacs in the Maths and Stats computer labs when I was there, though the Physics labs also had Unix and Linux machines. I&#39;d assume the Computer Science and Information Systems departments are less Mac-friendly though.

I think most other faculties, other than Engineering and Law, would also be quite Mac heavy. Education definitely is, and I&#39;m sure most of Arts is too. They bought a bunch of eMacs at Medicine the last I heard. I have no idea where along the line Law was co-opted by Dell, but they are completely PC&#39;d out now. Having said that, certain IT managers there have been seen with Powerbooks, and they certainly support Airport.

And University Computer Supplies on Bouverie Street sell Macs at great prices to students.

So all in all, I wouldn&#39;t mind my time back at good old Unimelb - especially as a reborn Mac zealot lol ;)

the_argon
28th July 2004, 06:20 PM
Heh, this is a good one:
http://www.digitalhoohaa.com/images/soniconmac.jpg

Although I don&#39;t know wether or not they are confirmed to be mac&#39;s

FreakMac
28th July 2004, 07:00 PM
Down here on the Sth Coast NSW (Wollongong down) We get Apple/Mac ads on the telly (day/prime t/night) for our new latest and greatest &#39;Applecentre Wollongong&#39; They have been on for quite a few weeks now and show all products in the Apple catalogue. All my friends and relos hassle me about my obssesion as they are freaked out by my brand loyalty and immediately think about me when they see it which is good because it leaves a strong association of the brand in their mind. Also our local RTA (Nowra) has been fitted out with FP iMacs it was great to see 20 of them all together in one place with the big chrome Apple logo sitting proubly on the back of the monitor for LOTS of people to see&#33;&#33; everyone has to go to the RTA. The staff were pleased to have them and especilly liked the ergonomics of the iMacs with the fully adjustable monitors.

Kane

Hobart
6th August 2004, 02:03 PM
i recently watched old shcool and when they were cheating on the test they used an iBook and if you havent seen old school you should really go and see it its F-ing halerious GO SEE IT :D

Ozi
8th August 2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah i second what hobart says&#33; Great movie.

I was watching the 1st and second series of "West Wing" (one of the best written shows on TV) and lots of the staff of the whitehouse use powerbooks (The old "Lombard" [bronze keyboard] model: black with the glowing white logo) It s the computer I used to have, so I get very excited when I see my favourite TV characters using it&#33;

OziMac
9th August 2004, 09:40 AM
Ozi - according to the introduction video for the 12- and 17-inch Powerbooks in January 2002, Aaron Sorkin, the creator of The West Wing has been writing on Macs for ages, since the first Macintosh laptop. He would currently be writing on a 17" Powerbook, given he was so besotted with the screen size in that video :)

Ozi
9th August 2004, 12:18 PM
Awesome&#33; He is such a great writer&#33; Love his work. Were did you see that video? Could you please give me the URL&#33; Also, he doesnt write for west wing anymore: he had the bad habit of handing in his scripts late, and eating magic mushrooms. But hes cool. :P eccentric, at least&#33; :lol:

ummm... *tries to get it back on topic*

Oh yeah... i have people come up to me at uni and just look at my computer, or chat to me about it. Also, lots of iPod users (there are heaps in the city) comment on the computer. :D goooooooo MAC&#33; :lol:

tempestas
9th August 2004, 12:59 PM
Don&#39;t know if it already has a mention (9 pages is a lot of posts to scoll through).

Six Feet Under is primarily a Mac environment, both Brenda and Claire use Mac&#39;s. Have in all three series to day and the episodes of the 4th series I have seen use them again.

pipsqeek
9th August 2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by FreakMac@Jul 28 2004, 07:00 PM
.....Also our local RTA (Nowra) has been fitted out with FP iMacs it was great to see 20 of them all together in one place with the big chrome Apple logo sitting proubly on the back of the monitor for LOTS of people to see&#33;&#33; everyone has to go to the RTA. The staff were pleased to have them and especilly liked the ergonomics of the iMacs with the fully adjustable monitors.

Kane
You will find that all RTA&#39;s have gone Mac because the head office servers run unix, and when they did a feasibility report last year, they found that the iMac was best value for money and ran Unix natively.

Steve

Currawong
9th August 2004, 07:30 PM
About the NSW RTA and iMacs, Apple was chosen primarily because Apple refused to pass judgement on the other vendors, but were primarily interested in creating and supporting a solution with the RTA.

The RTA has a very strong IT department, so it wasn&#39;t impossible for them to create their own solution with watever they had to hand. The iMacs were no more or less expensive than what other vendors were offering.

pipsqeek
9th August 2004, 09:20 PM
The article said more but I can&#39;t remember much of it. But yeah, curra, they did say that as well.

But it was also because of the Unix base.

Steve

Ozi
10th August 2004, 11:15 PM
<_< i dont think your above post contributed anything at all, steve. It was useless spam.

Anyways: iPod Spotted&#33;&#33;

Well, I just saw an iPod in the weirdest possible place.

I was sitting in the opening night performance of “12th Night” by the Bell Shakespeare Company (Currently showing in Melbourne) and the Duke listens to an iPod in it&#33; Its so funny&#33; In the original play by Shakespeare, the Duke listens to some harpsichord music to try and sooth his pain for unrequited love for Olivia. However, in this version, he is listening to an iPod (not a mini, just one of the normal ones, and no I couldn’t tell you what generation or size iPod, we were too far away. :lol: )

So there is the actor, listening to the ipod, and he says “if music be the food of love, play on&#33;” Ah it was awesome&#33; It is truly testament to how much market penetration the iPod has, that it’s appearing in Shakespeare plays&#33; LMAO :)

_xfire
13th August 2004, 12:20 AM
this also kind of relates to a post i made in &#39;post yr desktop&#39;:
franz ferdinand using ibooks&#33; hehehe&#33;
i lifted this picture off franzferdinand.co.uk (http://www.franzferdinand.co.uk)

OziMac
13th August 2004, 08:06 AM
Re Franz Ferdinand - They look like Powerbooks to me :)

Ozi
13th August 2004, 08:39 AM
Yup&#33; nothing plastic about them beauties&#33; Also, i dont think money is an issue for franz ferdinand, so im guessing he bought powerbooks. Nice picture finding&#33; :)

moo
13th August 2004, 05:28 PM
Did noone notice that Jana Pittman was relaxing / meditating with an iPod?
On all the news bulletins the other night.
Now iPods can fix gammy knees.

_xfire
13th August 2004, 08:48 PM
oh like i can tell. and when i was driving home from work tonight i spotted a fellow driver with an apple decal on his back window.

Ozi
14th August 2004, 12:31 PM
Well there are a lot of white earbuds at the opening ceremony of the olympic games, but I dont think they are iPods. But a whole lot of the "marshals" are wearing "iPodesque" earbuds. :)

OziMac
14th August 2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by moo@Aug 13 2004, 05:28 PM
Did noone notice that Jana Pittman was relaxing / meditating with an iPod?
On all the news bulletins the other night.
Now iPods can fix gammy knees.
Well, I incorrectly posted about that in another thread - there was briefly a photo on www.theage.com.au showing her in bed with her iPod. Amazing what they can do these days :)

frenchtoast
14th August 2004, 04:41 PM
Watching Rage last night in bed. Saw the new film clip for "The Truth About Love" by David McCormack & The Polaroids (Thats David McCormack formally of Custard and also
The Titanics). Stars 3 Australian actors you may vaguely recognise. I think its something about part of a reel to reel computer thing has complications and has a baby or something, youd have to see it, odd. Anyway the important bit at the end. From out of one of the tape computers comes something. The female actor (recognise but cant remember her name) picks up a Macintosh Classic (i think) and mouths the words "My Baby"&#33;

eni
10th September 2004, 10:34 AM
iPod spotted.

Watching Channel V this morning and recently they have these new animations behind the names of songs and things they put on the screen. About every second time they put up a message about band in a bubble, it shows a man/skull like figure on the bottom left with lines/waves flowing to an iPod Clickwheel on the middle right. Colours and symbols are the same except the menu symbol is replaced with the [V] logo.

Byrd
10th September 2004, 11:12 AM
The iPod is pimped all over the place ... see 50 Cent&#39;s video clip In Da Club, got to be the longest 30 second ad for Apple&#39;s iPod anywhere&#33;

JB

DJY
11th September 2004, 01:16 PM
Saw lots of athletes at the Olympics with iPods.

OC - has iMacs

Australian Idol - noticed John Foremen with a PB when he assist the contestant with their song choice - and putting together their shorten versions...?&#33;??&#33;?&#33;
Does he have all the music in there - or does he use it after they work out their shorten version of the song to burn a music backing CD for the contestants to listen to and practise for the rest of the week?&#33;?&#33;? Anyone know?

Six Feet Under - as previously mentioned - I&#39;ve seen a few

Phillip
11th September 2004, 01:37 PM
i got the ikea catalogue and i am surprised they don&#39;t use macs in making their stuff look better

they use all hp crap.

maybe hp paid them.

btw, the ikea stuff has "designed by ikea of sweden" just like apple has "designed by apple in california" :yes:

Hobart
11th September 2004, 01:51 PM
the other day i saw a Acura commerical and at the beggining they had 2 G4 and 2 HD screens.

frenchtoast
11th September 2004, 04:54 PM
Heres one ive been meaning to post. Not strictly spoting a mac. In an old Custard song called "Pablo Tiene Novia" or alternatively in english "Paul&#39;s Got A Girlfriend" theres 2 mac references as follows.

"Lets talk about computers, Macintosh or PC,..."

"..PC Boy or Apple Mac Girl"

Bima
11th September 2004, 07:34 PM
Noticed in the RTA office in Elizabeth Street Sydney with Macs lined up right along the counter looks like one government department getting smart javascript:emoticon(&#39;:P&#39;)

_xfire
11th September 2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Phillip@Sep 11 2004, 01:37 PM
i got the ikea catalogue and i am surprised they don&#39;t use macs in making their stuff look better

they use all hp crap.

maybe hp paid them.

btw, the ikea stuff has "designed by ikea of sweden" just like apple has "designed by apple in california" :yes:
i work at ikea and all of our computers except for the POS are supplied by dell.
some of the display ones in store are HP though.

the_argon
12th September 2004, 12:03 AM
http://www.digitalhoohaa.com/images/roswell.jpg

:D

Daz34
19th September 2004, 10:10 AM
I just saw an add in the Sun Herald, for the iMac G5.
Page 11 down the bottom... for Domayne Stores.
I think I want one...
I may as well...
B)

Exocet
23rd September 2004, 03:43 PM
Stingers uses them among some PC&#39;s.
CSI Also uses powerbooks (with "CSI" Badge-like stickers over the Apple Logo)
MDA also had their office outfitted with Macs.

thebag
23rd September 2004, 04:11 PM
As far as the RTA goes it looks like it might be an across the board thing my local branch Narellan(Sydney, South West) is the same, lots of iMacs along the counter.

It makes a pleasant change from the beige or black boxes everywhere.

Mark

panda
23rd September 2004, 04:31 PM
Hustle, ABC, last Sunday ?8.30. Powerbook used by the Hustlers.

OziMac
23rd September 2004, 10:24 PM
Well, went to a few ezydvd stores around Melbourne last weekend in a desperate search for buyable Star Wars DVDs and found something interesting - they have G4 iMacs on the walls above their shelves with the screen titled down towards you with the Pro Speakers on either side and a Griffin Powermate USB volume controller in front of you. There is a barcode scanner underneath the screen and when you scan the DVD barcodes you get a short preview of that DVD. The iMac logo is obscured by some other badge, but I thought it was a pretty interesting place to see a Mac, especially the recently superceded iMac - the new iMac would probably have done wonders for that kind of thing.

Also on the topic of Star Wars DVDs - they were cleaned up by Lowry Digital using 600 DP G5s. Very cool.

Exocet
1st October 2004, 05:00 PM
Very abstract here, and I&#39;m not sure if these ads are on busses in other cities, but Brisbanites may have noticed the Sensis.com.au ad-strips on the side of the BCC Buses, claiming "The Search is Over"

There&#39;s two versions around, one is a dirty pixelated hourglass that spins. The second is the beautiful spinning colourwheel from Mac OSX.

House
1st October 2004, 06:53 PM
one desktop system was being carried into (presumably) a police building on the news tonight in a story about the huge operation arresting ppls for kiddie pR0n.

_xfire
1st October 2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Exocet@Oct 1 2004, 05:00 PM
The second is the beautiful spinning colourwheel from Mac OSX.
hahaha the beach ball of death&#33;
:ph34r:

pipsqeek
2nd October 2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by House@Oct 1 2004, 06:53 PM
one desktop system was being carried into (presumably) a police building on the news tonight in a story about the huge operation arresting ppls for kiddie pR0n.
I saw them piled on top of one another......

and there stood, at the top of the pile, in the center. what looked like a B&W G3 tower.

Damn shame it stood out in the public eye under those circumstances.

pipsqeek

DJY
3rd October 2004, 08:29 PM
I can&#39;t believe I actually watched this show...
but tonight on Australian Idol - when they all went off to the stylist - for a photo shoot....
VOILA a pair of nice 17" PB&#33;

The photographer showed them the photos on his nice 17" PB&#33;
Looked just like my own one&#33;

Phillip
3rd October 2004, 10:27 PM
Agent Cody Banks 1 (i can&#39;t believe it too)

Not Macs. But Frankie Muniz has this gadget that looks (it is) like a 1st/2nd gen iPod, but u can take it apart with this pully thing in it. kinda cool. it also doubles as an password decoded too.

the_argon
6th October 2004, 01:36 AM
Just noticed that there is an iBook in the Faithless film clip One Step Too Far

Hobart
6th October 2004, 12:44 PM
theres this commerical thats for a online coolege that has all the people using power macs but instead of giving them credit they put their stupid logo ove the apple logo on the back of the screen. it makes me want to swear my self to h-e-doubble hockey sticks

frenchtoast
6th October 2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Hobart@Oct 6 2004, 12:44 PM
it makes me want to swear my self to h-e-doubble hockey sticks
PvP reader i see.

varsis
6th October 2004, 01:27 PM
ooh i know a comerical for a university in Toronton I think it&#39;s for ATI Of Toronto they use macs for video editing and game design&#33; in their comericals at least

OziMac
6th October 2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by DJY@Oct 3 2004, 08:29 PM
I can&#39;t believe I actually watched this show...
but tonight on Australian Idol - when they all went off to the stylist - for a photo shoot....
VOILA a pair of nice 17" PB&#33;

The photographer showed them the photos on his nice 17" PB&#33;
Looked just like my own one&#33;
The backing music dude (John Forman or whatever) uses an iBook G4 I think.

pipsqeek
6th October 2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, John Foreman. He use to use a PB on the Good Morning Australia Show, with Moira&#33;

Dr. Phil also gave one away today to a disfunctional family&#39;s daughter. (Dr. Phil is my hero, he gets paid crap loads to tell people what is wrong with them, how to fix it, and shutup).

Pipsqeek

kim jong il
7th October 2004, 12:13 AM
I was watching Final Destination 2 and could not help but not notice: the guy who won the lottery buys an LCD imac and the cute girl has a powerbook.
Worth mentioning I guess unless previously mentioned then moderators feel free to remove it.

kim

fompsweeva
7th October 2004, 01:22 PM
On the Lifestyle Channel I saw a show called "Knock First" where kids get their bedroom overhauled by a team of designers including an Asian woman with an American accent.

I&#39;ve seen two episodes, and in one they gave the kid a G4 iMac (with some audio gear) and the other a G4 powerbook. What&#39;s even cooler is that the kids both had PC&#39;s before they were replaced with Mac&#39;s&#33;

gizo
7th October 2004, 02:05 PM
richmond station, platform 9, a great big poster for Victoria University (business faculty maybe?) and a picture of a lady with a cd in one hand, and an apple keyboard under the other...

the_OM
7th October 2004, 02:42 PM
This was on a subway train I took a pic of in Korea.
The whole side of the Train had the ipod posters on it.

I was actually sitting in the train on the other side of the platform playing with my camera when i noticed it, as I was taking the photo the train started to take off.
But it looked pretty cool I thought.

frenchtoast
7th October 2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by fompsweeva@Oct 7 2004, 01:22 PM
On the Lifestyle Channel I saw a show called "Knock First" where kids get their bedroom overhauled by a team of designers including an Asian woman with an American accent.

I&#39;ve seen two episodes, and in one they gave the kid a G4 iMac (with some audio gear) and the other a G4 powerbook. What&#39;s even cooler is that the kids both had PC&#39;s before they were replaced with Mac&#39;s&#33;
I have seen that show, and yes every time it is a replacement computer it is an apple. And also i&#39;ve seen them give the helper kids ipods.

Paxton
7th October 2004, 07:37 PM
Sydney Motor Show, Mini Stand, 8 iMac G5&#39;s, in all their glory. The computers were good to see, the show was disappointing, thank god to Land Rover for the free Tickets in.

p996911turbo
7th October 2004, 10:05 PM
Catalyst on the ABC tonight. The guys doing the data communication over sound had an iBook G4.

Pej
8th October 2004, 12:33 AM
the movie Zoolander - orange jellybean - when Derrick and Hansel are jumping around like apes
"the files are in the computer&#33;" :P

one of my all-time favourite movies&#33;&#33;

Exocet
9th October 2004, 08:21 PM
Latest Olay skin crap ad. Heavy heavy heavy mac influence.

thebag
10th October 2004, 06:43 AM
Don&#39;t know if either of these have been mentioned

Latest CGU(insurance company)advertisement - A desklamp style G4 iMac

Latest Harvey Normal ad(for unwired Broadband) - an eMac(and they don&#39;t even sell macs)

Mark

DJY
10th October 2004, 10:59 AM
Not sure if this one has come up already either but the movie
One Perfect Day had a couple of Al Powerbooks and a Ti as well.

thebag
10th October 2004, 04:17 PM
Big day out for Apple

Watching Bathurst coverage, New KFC Zinger burger ad a nice new all in one G5 iMac sitting on the desk in a worktation

Mark

kim jong il
10th October 2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by decryption+Jan 21 2004, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (decryption &#064; Jan 21 2004, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Disko@Jan 21 2004, 03:11 PM

ibook on Bigpond music&#39;s web tutorial. Funny - there is absolutly nothing there that supports mac. :P
hahahaha, they even got rid of the Apple logo :P [/b][/quote]
The whole site does not seem to work with safari (I tried checking out links and whatnot NO GO. Typicall of big pond and their absolute true commitment to A TOTAL LACK OF SERVICE.

What winners. They shit me

purana
11th October 2004, 11:55 AM
Sydney Motorshow on the Mini Cooper stand... they had 2 x Imac G5&#39;s running that allowed you to click on various aspects about the models of mini.

See the following pic I took :)

http://www.heimic.net/gallery/102004/IMG_0721

Alessiman
11th October 2004, 12:09 PM
The TV series Joey has Powerbooks as well

I also noticed they are in CSI:NY

internet
20th October 2004, 03:09 PM
just got out of a technical update meeting with Cisco that was headed by one of their senior engineers.
he gave the presentation on a nice new 15" aliminium powerbook using Powerpoint from Office2004. Then used a bit of terminal to telnet into a Cisco 6503 with FWSM, VPNSM, and Wireless Service Modules to give a bit of a demo :)

last night noticed rove had a powerbook on display on his desk, and in the OC, Seth had a 17" G4 iMac

Phillip
20th October 2004, 05:38 PM
Officeworks catalogue. They don&#39;t even sell Macs. They even have a PC monitor with the Mac OS screen on it.

OziMac
22nd October 2004, 09:53 AM
A few more to add...

Saw Lost in Translation on DVD recently - Charlotte&#39;s husband and one of the Japanese execs at the Suntori Time commercial filming both have 14" iBooks and Bill Murray is seen listening to an iPod in the Lost on Location behind the scenes feature. They also have Powerbooks at their production offices on that feature.

In Shall We Dance, Richard Gere has what looks like a Powerbook.

There&#39;s a weird Reflex paper ad on TV at the moment with these people producing some sort of report for their boss on a spic-and-span white THX-like office, and the boss has a bunch of schmick accessories on his desk, one of them being a docked 4G iPod.

The latest making of featurette on the Star Wars website shows production assistants in the UK using new 15" Powerbooks (they used TiBooks in Australia the last I saw) and a Contour Shuffle Pro for scanning through footage.

Almost all computer-type robots referred to in Futurama are Mac or OS X based - particularly the original iMac spoof, Robot 1-X. And they even have a spoof of the 1984 ad when an 80s corporate guy becomes CEO of Planet Express. They did all this so that Steve Jobs would give them a Mac - which, sadly, he didn&#39;t.

the_argon
22nd October 2004, 03:01 PM
Ah, also in garfield there is a MDD G4, in Johns desk.

Funny thing was I was watching garfield on my MDD at the time :D Snap&#33;

scruffie
26th October 2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by OziMac@Oct 22 2004, 09:53 AM

Almost all computer-type robots referred to in Futurama are Mac or OS X based - particularly the original iMac spoof, Robot 1-X. And they even have a spoof of the 1984 ad when an 80s corporate guy becomes CEO of Planet Express. They did all this so that Steve Jobs would give them a Mac - which, sadly, he didn&#39;t.
Haha thanks. You jolted my memory. There was the episode where Bender takes Leila and Fry to Robot Planet. The jury was an old Mac SE (?) that crashes. Tee Hee.

tranp
27th October 2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by the_argon@Jul 28 2004, 06:20 PM
Heh, this is a good one:
http://www.digitalhoohaa.com/images/soniconmac.jpg

Although I don&#39;t know wether or not they are confirmed to be mac&#39;s
Probably meant to be Colour Classics&#33;&#33;&#33; - Sonic 3 / Sonic & Knuckles being from 1994 when the Colour Classic (II)&#39;s were around.

kim jong il
28th October 2004, 07:39 AM
Not exactly prime time viewing but it takes all kinds and so......... This morning on NASA TV checking out the first Cassini Titan flyby and could not help but notice the huge number of powerbooks used by the operations team as opposed to the FEW others who had windows books.

I guess they actually ARE rocket scientists so you would expect a degree of intelligence after all.

pipsqeek
28th October 2004, 10:53 AM
I am part of an major Astronomy Club in Sydney www.sasi.net.au

and most special guest we have that visit for lectures or whatever have PowerBooks.

The ones that come in with Compaq&#39;s and IBM lappies are the ones that have the most hassles. Running Window NT. Crashing, Rebooting, can&#39;t get the display to mirror on the Projector. Their desktops loaded with "shortcuts" all over the place.

pipsqeek

Moose
2nd November 2004, 08:43 PM
G4 imac spotted on Stingers last week. As if VicPol could be that smart as to switch to Apple&#33; ;)

adamjc
6th November 2004, 11:52 AM
G4 iMacs can be spotted on the new safeway commercial, when they are saying how they are innovative and only employ the smartest people in the admin/logistics part of the business the camera flashes to a group of people using iMacs.

Phillip
6th November 2004, 08:44 PM
Love Actually - at the end of the movie when everyone meets up at the Airport, you can see iMac G4 ads in the background. Makes me question when that scene was shot. the iMac G4 came out in Jan 2002 and the film claims to be made in 2002.

Moose
6th November 2004, 08:53 PM
The movie "Duplex" is infested with Macs&#33;

QueenOfSwords
8th November 2004, 12:13 PM
John Safran vs God. He&#39;s shown quite often carrying around and using a G3 iBook. Guess he was serious about not using that &#39;nazi-affliated&#39; IBM thinkpad*, heehee.

*The nazi reference is from a segment on religious boycotts, its a very entertaining series.

adamjc
8th November 2004, 01:35 PM
On Australian Idol, John Foreman the musical director, uses a Apple iBook.

Very visable when they cross to him on the live shows.

-adamjc

***EDIT***

Sorry, this had been allready posted...didnt realise.

OziMac
8th November 2004, 02:12 PM
That&#39;d be where using the &#39;Search&#39; function (and the spell check) comes in handy Adam, remember? ;)

And for the record - another very quick iMac G5 appearance in the Medibank Private &#39;I feel better now&#39; ad on during The Fellowship of the Ring on Channel 9 last night.

QueenOfSwords
9th November 2004, 10:08 PM
Halo 2 bonus DVD -

There&#39;s an acrylic-frame studio display and some Harmon-Kardon soundsticks on the desk of the director of cinematics / writer (Joseph Staten). Sadly, probably as close as Halo 2 is getting to a Mac for a while. :unsure:

zefi
10th November 2004, 01:23 AM
Second last episode of Sex and the City, I was bored out of my brain watching this tv show when my interest was piqued by none other than a sexy, black G3 &#39;wallstreet&#39; Powerbook on the bed.

I find that somewhat ironic.

Exocet
10th November 2004, 11:57 AM
I turned on Channel 10 the other night to watch Law & Order: Lenny&#39;s Last Case, and was presented instead with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. All I saw was somebody tapping away at a TiBook and then telling me that I should back up my files, because

Once they&#39;re gone *effeminate sigh* they&#39;re gone&#33; *closes TiBook and collapses into his folded arms*

zefi
10th November 2004, 01:31 PM
Does Apple sponsor Ten or something? I&#39;ve seen powerbooks on Rove Live and iBooks on TTN, the new BTN show. They really like their macs.

iSlayer
10th November 2004, 01:55 PM
they are smart
rove used to have sony viao&#39;s or whatever they are called

Lucas
10th November 2004, 02:04 PM
I just had some promotional posters done for a new internet cafe and the design company used stock images of ibooks in them as well as some apple screencaps. The apple logo was gone though from the ibook. So many ads use stock ibook images with no logo.

QueenOfSwords
10th November 2004, 03:57 PM
Yeah on Queer Eye they like their Macs. Whenever they&#39;ve given someone a computer, it tends to be an iBook or a Powerbook. On the last ep, they replaced the guy&#39;s &#39;prehistoric&#39; computer with a Powerbook 12" - I don&#39;t know what the previous box was.

DJY
10th November 2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by nJm@May 19 2004, 10:52 PM
Macs in an SBS show called Queer As Folk.
Yep&#33;
And this apears to be continuing&#33;&#33;&#33;
Almost cried though then they threw out what looked to be a current model PB in series 4 episode 2 (that aired this week)

AHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
What are they doing?&#33;?&#33;&#33;&#33; Looked like either a 15 or 17".

kim jong il
10th November 2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Phillip@Nov 6 2004, 08:44 PM
................Makes me question when that scene was shot. the iMac G4 came out in Jan 2002 and the film claims to be made in 2002.
I may have come across the answer to this purely by accident the other day. Film makers shoot the film at date &#39;x&#39; but the date used for production is when post production was completed (editing etc). For example, The Ring 2 has been filmed already and is currently in post production. The release date is scheduled for 2005 and I am pretty sure it will be: The Ring 2, 2005

markh
10th November 2004, 07:08 PM
Michael Connelly (Crime author) uses a Powerbook. Saw this when watching a DVD that came with his latest book (if you got it in the states)

downsys
10th November 2004, 08:49 PM
in the movie &#39;The Forgotten&#39; u&#39;ll get to see a few macs (a PowerBook, a Cinema Display, either a PowerMac G4 or G5 - couldn&#39;t really see, and i don&#39;t remember if there was more)

also, interesting to note that there was a Palm Tungsten T.

the_OM
14th November 2004, 06:31 PM
At the family last week in brisbane (a nightclub for all you people outside of qld), Sasha did most (if not all) of his Dj set on a 17&#39;&#39; powerbook running Ableton Live 4 with an evolution midi controller.
Actually, it looked pretty cool because this glowing apple logo was on display the whole time he was on stage.

Which reminds me, when Bexta played a live set of her new album at the family she had a powerbook with her as well.

p996911turbo
14th November 2004, 08:45 PM
Russel Coight Celebrity Challenge - lovely powerbook was shown for all of a second&#33;

_xfire
14th November 2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by the_OM@Nov 14 2004, 07:31 PM
At the family last week in brisbane (a nightclub for all you people outside of qld), Sasha did most (if not all) of his Dj set on a 17&#39;&#39; powerbook running Ableton Live 4 with an evolution midi controller.
Actually, it looked pretty cool because this glowing apple logo was on display the whole time he was on stage.

Which reminds me, when Bexta played a live set of her new album at the family she had a powerbook with her as well.
a few months ago i was at a gig at pony where a band from perth called &#39;the hampdens&#39; were playing - the guy in charge of beats was controlling them from an ibook hooked up to a mixer (or something), later i drunkenly went up to him and told him that he had a &#39;nice ibook, did it turn you into a computer geek when you bought it like mine did??&#39; :D

OziMac
15th November 2004, 05:18 AM
And what did he say???

In Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Bridget uses an older 23-inch Apple Display at work to look up where Germany is.

adamjc
15th November 2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by p996911turbo@Nov 14 2004, 09:45 PM
Russel Coight Celebrity Challenge - lovely powerbook was shown for all of a second&#33;
It was shown several times throughout the show. Good views of the Apple logo.

100% a paid placement, if you notice they are in the outback using a powerbook for 2 weeks. Trying to get the point out that they are "PORTABLE".

-Adam.

_xfire
15th November 2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by OziMac@Nov 15 2004, 06:18 AM
And what did he say???
... i think he said something like "yeah they&#39;re pretty amazing." or something. I don&#39;t really remember like i said, i&#39;d had a bit to drink :P

internet
15th November 2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by downsys@Nov 10 2004, 08:49 PM
in the movie &#39;The Forgotten&#39; u&#39;ll get to see a few macs (a PowerBook, a Cinema Display, either a PowerMac G4 or G5 - couldn&#39;t really see, and i don&#39;t remember if there was more)

also, interesting to note that there was a Palm Tungsten T.
did you like that movie? i thought it got terrible about half way through.. could&#39;ve been done so well if they left the bad guys out of it... (you know the ones i mean, don&#39;t want to ruin it for others)

Ozi
15th November 2004, 11:55 AM
LOL xfire. :)hmmm in series 5 of the West Wing (yet to air here... ty kim&#33; :)) CJ uses a powerbook, but with the Seal of the President over the glowing Apple symbol. :( Ah well, at least theres a mac in there&#33;

p996911turbo
15th November 2004, 04:33 PM
QUOTE (p996911turbo @ Nov 14 2004, 09:45 PM)

It was shown several times throughout the show. Good views of the Apple logo.

100% a paid placement, if you notice they are in the outback using a powerbook for 2 weeks. Trying to get the point out that they are "PORTABLE".

-Adam.

Yeah, I posted that the first time they showed it: I was watching it while on the net.

As paid as the placement may have been, it was still sexy&#33; :P

Phillip
15th November 2004, 04:43 PM
Why does it have to be a product placement? You do realize that ALOT of the computers in the Media are Macs.

DJY
15th November 2004, 09:43 PM
Noticed in the doco on the new short Baz Luhrmann&#39;s film featuring Nicole Kidman...
I presume the Head of Chanel chatting to Baz with a nice shiny PB sitting on his desk&#33;

But wait - it gets better&#33;
They needed Nicole Kidman, Karl Lagerfield (the dress designer guy) and Baz all together to sort out final outfits - and they used iChat&#33;&#33;&#33;
Well the PB and the iSight were certainly used&#33;
Nicole & Karl in London - and Baz via the PB and iChat&#33;

Why don&#39;t Apple plug these things more?&#33;&#33;

Moose
24th November 2004, 08:31 AM
The new ad for the &#39;Myer&#39; one day sale. Proudly displays an emac. But they dont sell them, do they? :huh:

aaron_meredith
24th November 2004, 09:38 AM
Some Myer Stores now do sell Apple product. Only Big Myer Stores such as Bourke Street in Melbourne or Myer Mega Mart Stores all over Australia.

Even look in the latest Myer Catalogue. As a Image of the iMac G5 on the back with the iPod

Phillip
24th November 2004, 10:39 PM
The new MegaMart ad has Powerbooks and even uses the Panther screen/desktop on Windows PCs.

king89
24th November 2004, 10:44 PM
The presenter on the show ttn on the Ten Network in Sydney was using an iBook. I couldn&#39;t figure out what model it was. It doesn&#39;t matter, he never seemed to use it anyways.

pipsqeek
24th November 2004, 10:46 PM
Yes, they sell them. Some of the stores.

I also saw the eMac for the sale as well. Getting covered in postit notes.

pipsqeek

gizo
25th November 2004, 02:50 PM
got the Officeworks christmas brochure in the junkmail today... they don&#39;t sell apples, except iPods... all pc&#39;s are windows...

but on the second last page, there is a picture of some desk they are selling, and it has a beautiful, sleek 15" powerbook sitting there... heh...

purana
25th November 2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by gringo@Nov 25 2004, 02:50 PM
but on the second last page, there is a picture of some desk they are selling, and it has a beautiful, sleek 15" powerbook sitting there... heh...
Chances are it was the photographers machine and he put it on the desk to make the photo look practical.

Phillip
25th November 2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by gringo@Nov 25 2004, 03:50 PM
got the Officeworks christmas brochure in the junkmail today... they don&#39;t sell apples, except iPods... all pc&#39;s are windows...

Got that today as well. I am surprised that Officeworks now sells iPods. How is that related to the office?

Ozi
25th November 2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Phillip@Nov 25 2004, 05:19 PM
Got that today as well. I am surprised that Officeworks now sells iPods. How is that related to the office?
I guess its an effective way to block out the constant prattle of your workmates... :o

iPod will inherit the earth. :)

macintoshrules
25th November 2004, 04:46 PM
The final episode of Quantum had about 7 Macs in it... anyone remember that?

internet
25th November 2004, 09:56 PM
the oc is LITTERED with apple products, especially in seth&#39;s room

he was listening to his iPod with his 17" G4 iMac in the background when ryan said goodbye :(

Currawong
26th November 2004, 06:16 AM
Officeworks sell iPods (and now a single &#036;8k plasma display as well as LCD monitor/TV combo&#39;s) because "Lifestyle devices" are all the rage - there&#39;s too much crossover to ignore them.

To exemplify, Megamart, full of cheap-as homewares, had a grand opening down the road. Then, they had to have another grand re-opening again a few weeks later, because nobody cared. Domayne, chockers full of expensive overpriced lifestyle gear, just up the road, did the same. It&#39;s been packed out since.

(I should add, it&#39;s why Howard won the election - Aussies are focussed now on earning and spending lots of money, as well as owning property etc etc.)

kim jong il
28th November 2004, 02:14 PM
Was checking out inkjet refills on ebay (was one of many search results) and this caught my eye. It seems that ipods (including minis) and MP3 players are becoming synonymous.

OziMac
28th November 2004, 03:59 PM
The back page latest Myer Megamart catalogue has a few &#39;best-for&#39; techie things, most notably the iMac G5 (for &#036;2499) which is &#39;Best for Downloaders&#39; because it has a &#39;large&#39; 80GB hard drive for you to store music downloaded off Bigpondmusic.com&#33;&#33;&#33; Wonder if they&#39;ll have any complaints from some poor, uninformed sods who buy iMacs hoping to buy music from bigshitheap - these are the problems that will persist until whoever is blocking iTMS Australia gets off their fat, greedy arse.

Interestingly, although the iPod Mini was listed as &#39;best for travellers&#39;, an iRiver product was &#39;best for the gym&#39; (because it was a solid state mp3 player - no capacity noted) and a crappy Sony Hi-MD player was listed as &#39;best for purists&#39; because had the &#39;best quality&#39; and could store up to 45 hours of music on one MD - tautology anyone? No mention of the normal iPods, though they are so ubiquitous they probably no longer need even to be mentioned in ads.

Moose
28th November 2004, 05:13 PM
Powerbook spotted on the ad for "Tobin Brothers" funerals. :blink:

OziMac
28th November 2004, 05:52 PM
To add to Megamart&#39;s debasing of OS X by putting it on a non-Apple LCD display, check out Dell&#39;s ads featuring desktop backgrounds that are eerily similar to the stylings of a competing computer manufacturer...

Those little bees will stoop to anything to skive off other people&#39;s good will to sell their crappier imitations...

Whitey Ford
28th November 2004, 10:39 PM
I don&#39;t know if anyone&#39;s mentioned it, but there&#39;s a BankWest ad set to the song "Rebel Yell" that features a nun sitting infront of a Powerbook (you can see the apple logo glowing) and then it shows the screen that features a Mac OS X interface. I think one of them is also listening to an iPod, but so is everyone else these days.

I walked into my local RTA (roads & traffic authority, like VIC Roads or whatever) and they had all upgraded to iMacs. I bet their system uptimes have been dramatically increased, no more recieving virii from inter-office mail etc.

bassmanbliss
28th November 2004, 10:48 PM
Don&#39;t know if any of you are familiar with umart umart.com.au but I was in their brisbane office the other day and noticed an ad advertising microsoft office for windoze and the guy in the picture was using a powerbook. I also managed to piss off every guy in the shop by quite loudly announcing it to my mate. Hehe nice one Bill.

OziMac
28th November 2004, 10:56 PM
Anyone else who&#39;s been watching Enemy of the State tonight will have seen umpteen ads for Telstra or Fonezone advertising &#39;exclusive&#39; iPod Minis for only &#036;199 with a &#036;45/month plan - as if the money you saveon the Mini doesn&#39;t find its way back into Telstra&#39;s dirty pockets in any case.

This sort of promo really has the potential to make the product look silly, cheap and not worth forking out for - let&#39;s hope that&#39;s not the way it&#39;s perceived (well, the Mini at least, not Telstra).

Phillip
28th November 2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Moose@Nov 28 2004, 06:13 PM
Powerbook spotted on the ad for "Tobin Brothers" funerals. :blink:
I thought it was a PC :huh:

icant
2nd December 2004, 12:42 AM
I don&#39;t watch television much. But while watching the news today, I saw some news on Ziggy Switkowski resigning. There was some footage of him giving a talk (probably old stock footage). The full screen presentation behind him did a "cube" transition like one of those available in Keynote. Looked smooth too, unlike the PowerPoint:mac version.

I couldn&#39;t recognise the theme -- it looked light blue, and really slick-like. Probably a custom background.

Snowy28
2nd December 2004, 12:55 AM
Turned on the TV last night to see Will & Grace - I flipped channels only to flip right back ... They had a 20inch Cinema Display with a G4&#33;

Most shows only show the monitor, but this had the computer as well&#33; Mad props to them&#33;

Ozi
3rd December 2004, 04:59 PM
Just watched the DVD that comes with the "Jay-Z Linkin Park" Collision course CD/DVD.

In the recording studio, they had a Titanium Powerbook (with flurry running on it) and an iBook, as well as EXTENSIVE use of a G4 and the older style-23" studio display. They were recording everything onto the G4 and Chester was then editing it there using protools. Very cool&#33; :)

Luren
6th December 2004, 04:28 PM
In the Sun-Herald December 5, 2004 (in Sydney)
K-ZONE on Sunday (Comic section - best part of the paper :D )
Page 7

In the comic strip "Blondie"

Mr. Dithers, Dagwood&#39;s boss, has an aluminium coloured laptop with a distinct APPLE logo on the lid. B)

_xfire
7th December 2004, 09:02 AM
The movie Garden State, in the scene where zach braff is in the doctor&#39;s office there is a cinema display and an apple pro keyboard with the black keys on the doctor&#39;s desk.
good movie.