PDA

View Full Version : Mac Spotting!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

iAlex
7th April 2008, 02:41 PM
Spotted a Macbook (white), in the ABC comedy Stupid Stupid Man.

Not a Bad show.

Lutze
8th April 2008, 12:06 AM
Just to give you all a giggle.... Girlfriend has got a new job, it's not near to the train stations so she needed a car.

She did her first trawl of cars and picked out the Suzuki Swift, the Hyundai i30, Ford Focus. I suggested at the price level she also check out the Subaru Impreza. Was told where to go :)

So today.. she emailed me from work and said she had a test drive for the Subaru, and the i30 but that the Swift had been binned off. A few moments later I get a mail from her about Subaru, with this (http://www.subaru.com.au/quicklinks/request-a-brochure/?from=impreza) link attached. I swear my girlfriend is more of a Mac geek than me.

Anyhoo... test drives done... cold hard cash used, 2l 4wd Impreza produced the bigger grins. So it won.

Gosh I bet you are all bored with that story :)

Lutze
9th April 2008, 12:16 AM
The 10 HD advert, telling us all about how good HD is, that currently features the Sony sponsored So you think you can dance.... and in the background are a couple of 30 inch ACD's!

mechcon
9th April 2008, 08:00 AM
I'm sure its been posted before but Dexter uses a Macbook Pro on both seasons 1 and 2

17" Powerbook in season 1
15" MacBook Pro in season 2

rollsrox
10th April 2008, 07:24 PM
Home and Away had 4 New iMacs at the new diner and iMacs at the hospital. It is sad that I know these things.

It's even more sad you watch Home and Away :P

Rasta
13th April 2008, 09:01 PM
Just saw the Simpsons on Fox8 and it had a vision of the future where iPods have taken over the world and are whipping people with their white earphones...

One of the humans says "What do you want from us?"

Reply: "Nothing we just like whipping"...

It wasn't funny.. but was iPods and therefore Mac Spotting in The Simpsons! :)

Katey
13th April 2008, 09:44 PM
Article in this months cosmo about nerd girls, well blog girls >.< and there all posing next to a 17' mbp.

bennyling
20th April 2008, 09:39 PM
Either a powerbook g4 or a macbook pro in tonight's episode of Brothers and Sisters... Kitty writes her vows on it..

It has a sticker on the apple logo on the back, though...

Huckle
22nd April 2008, 09:10 PM
Just watching NCIS, on my new 24" 2.8 EXTREME (sorry i just love it)
anyway McGee used a iPhone to take a photo and send it to abby, was very focused on the iPhone.

waynie
22nd April 2008, 09:14 PM
Macs are everywhere in the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". iMacs and MacBooks. There are even iChat conferences held in the movie, including using Effects in video chat.

Edit: Oh and I remember thinking... Why are they using old iMacs? Where's the aluminium?

Jaffa
22nd April 2008, 09:16 PM
Just saw the Simpsons on Fox8 and it had a vision of the future where iPods have taken over the world and are whipping people with their white earphones...

One of the humans says "What do you want from us?"

Reply: "Nothing we just like whipping"...

It wasn't funny.. but was iPods and therefore Mac Spotting in The Simpsons! :)

I think that must be a repeat as I have seen that before...

Rasta
22nd April 2008, 09:18 PM
I think that must be a repeat as I have seen that before...

It was... but still was funny...

Daviddc
22nd April 2008, 10:06 PM
went to see Nim's Island at the local Movie theatre with the kids on Friday night,
G4 iMac used on the tropical island "at 20 deg S, 162 deg W, in the Cook islands, out from Rarotonga, via Borneo"
? G5 iMac or early Intel used by Jodie Foster in her San Francisco apartment.

worked even through 2 tropical cyclones !! :)

Fino_Mac
23rd April 2008, 03:44 PM
Macs are everywhere in the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". iMacs and MacBooks. There are even iChat conferences held in the movie, including using Effects in video chat.

Edit: Oh and I remember thinking... Why are they using old iMacs? Where's the aluminium?

Haha, the iChat.

'Move your head up and down'

Lutze
23rd April 2008, 04:37 PM
In the longer advert for forthcoming movie Ironman - pretty sure there is a ACD in the background.

Of course just about every episode of CSI / ny / miami / etc there are Mac's and iPhones it seems. It's almost getting boring now! :D

Oh and St. Trinians had a raft of Macbooks and iMac's.

MCB
3rd May 2008, 12:53 AM
On last weeks NCIS McGee was using an iPhone.

nick11851
3rd May 2008, 01:34 AM
have you guys ever seen chuck? everyone uses iphones on that show. Also the riches in season 2.

Captain Jack
5th May 2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah Iron Man seems to like his ACD's.

aafuss
5th May 2008, 06:53 PM
A Mac Pro was one of the prizes offered on The Price Right (the US version now being aired on W. Channel).

Lutze
6th May 2008, 11:04 AM
Episode 10 Series 4 House - Steve Jobs gets a mention. iPhone is the cause of this.

Rasta
6th May 2008, 11:09 AM
I saw an ad on Foxtel for a documentary about "Hippee's" and the commentary goes something like

"They changed the world more than you can imagine" and then the Apple logo and what looks like a desktop of Tiger flashes up...

The doco is being aired this month.. might watch it to find out all about it :)

Blue Water Boy
6th May 2008, 11:27 AM
The TV show Dark Angel. The chicks acomplice uses Mac OSX. I didn't notice it because of the black coloured skin used throughout the OS. Until they had a close up of vital information and saw the three circles at the top left containing the, "X" "-" and "+". Definately a mac.

I only had one reason to watch the show, Jessica Alba. Now I have two reasons to watch the show. Her and the Mac. I duno which one gets me more worked up.

My wife always gives me funny looks from the other side of the couch.

Her: javascript:emoticon(';)')javascript:emoticon(':ang ry:')
Me: javascript:emoticon(':blink:')javascript:emoticon( ':ph34r:')

dark angel is awesome.....did anyone see the 2 30"'s on Iron Man?? and the mishmash of Linux and ISX in Starks office???

Doobsy
6th May 2008, 06:26 PM
Just saw the NZ tourism "Winter Wonderland" tvc.
Not sure... but I think it's an iphone!?!?!?!
Had a double take and thought it was a touch but the touch doesn't have the square button below the screen does it?

Just checked... probably a touch :rolleyes:

Lutze
6th May 2008, 06:29 PM
Did anyone see the 2 30"'s on Iron Man?? and the mishmash of Linux and ISX in Starks office???

Did you miss the two posts further up that mentioned IronMan?

/toothache is my excuse for grumpiness.

superhero
7th May 2008, 12:17 PM
I noticed in RTA today that they run iMac G4s! It's nice seeing a big organisation running ONLY Macs!

Jaffa
7th May 2008, 05:51 PM
I noticed in RTA today that they run iMac G4s! It's nice seeing a big organisation running ONLY Macs!

They've been running on Mac's for years and years and years now! ;)

lazydesi
22nd May 2008, 11:57 PM
double post

lazydesi
22nd May 2008, 11:58 PM
just watched indiana zones movie in hyots, itunes+ipod ad is shown during the ad period

DJY
23rd May 2008, 05:57 PM
Saw a guy sitting in Gus' (Cafe) in Canberra today, using his MacBook Air, with what looked like a 3 broadband modem / dongle thingie hanging off the side of it...

sigh - they are such a good looking Mac!
If only they had silver keys though like my MBP... but still very pretty, light and with big WOW factor.

mechcon
23rd May 2008, 07:17 PM
Im yet to see a MacBook air in the flesh :|

BrettJohn
28th May 2008, 12:19 PM
saw one on a show called Nathan Barley. macbook i think it was.

Lutze
28th May 2008, 07:06 PM
Lots of Apple Cinema Displays and at least one Mac Mini in Heroes Series 2 Episode 11.

Don't ask, don't tell. :p

morgan
29th May 2008, 08:38 PM
Writing this post makes me feel a bit like a nerd. But then I remember I read Mactalk, subscribe to New Scientist and have a working knowledge of a Warp Reactor on Galaxy class starships.

I noticed during question time in the Reps today the member for Oxley (Qld, ALP) was using a Mac Book Pro. I could see him from where I was sitting in the central gallery. Only MP using a computer that I could see.

vortex_
30th May 2008, 06:17 PM
Im yet to see a MacBook air in the flesh :|

I think you mean in the wild, surely you've seen them in JB's/Myer/Apple Center? :)

PatrickH
30th May 2008, 06:19 PM
I've seen a 21" CRT Studio display for G4's just only a few weeks ago and it was still working!

PatrickH
30th May 2008, 06:22 PM
They've been running on Mac's for years and years and years now! ;)

+1

Last time I saw them using it was a couple years ago.

But many years ago (1997 or something - I was really small), i'm not too sure if RTA were using Macs, because they were P2's or some generic beige case (not mac!).

Velociraptors
30th May 2008, 06:41 PM
A couple from Jurassic Park III (like I'm going to go back through 86 pages to check if it's already been mentioned).

The Quadra 700s from late 1991 in the original Jurassic Park are quite famous, but Jurassic Park III was made in 2001, and features:

http://www.danamania.com/tmp/IIc-.jpg

http://www.danamania.com/tmp/IIc-2.jpg

Mac IIcx or IIci, from 1989. Palaeontologists do their stuff on the cheap, it seems.

Dana

Galumay
30th May 2008, 07:15 PM
Saw a guy sitting in Gus' (Cafe) in Canberra today, using his MacBook Air, with what looked like a 3 broadband modem / dongle thingie hanging off the side of it...

sigh - they are such a good looking Mac!
If only they had silver keys though like my MBP... but still very pretty, light and with big WOW factor.

a bit off topic....but owning a MBA is the first time i have had people stop and ask about it, what it was, could they hold it, etc etc.

even sitting in the qantas club in sydney recently i was the only person i saw with one and 3 people stopped to ask me all about it.

at one stage i was video chatting to my 4 yo son on skype and showing him the planes, people were gobsmacked!

Huckle
1st June 2008, 10:59 PM
New series of Doctor Who (series 4) episode 8 'the library' the Doctor starts using a interface thingy and it has the new alu apple keyboards the wired and wireless ones.
Steven Moffat (writer of coupling, chalked, ect) is back wrting the episodes and apple product often appear in his shows. Funy how lots of british writers use mac douglas adams was a huge mac fan, so i thought was steven fry but he was talking about linux last time iheard him talk about computer?!

stewiesno1
1st June 2008, 11:31 PM
I saw the interview with the guy who started Facebook tonight on 60 minutes and when they were strolling through his offices there were Macs everywhere. All the desktops were hidden but hooked up to mostly Apple 30"" screens so I presume were MacPros but nearly every laptop was a Mac as well.

Stewie

dinoo
1st June 2008, 11:37 PM
And they let Microsoft buy 1.6% of them.... Where are you Apple? Buy 10%!

Taezar
6th June 2008, 10:10 AM
Stephen Colbert used a macbook to post a comment on Hillary Clinton's website on yesterday's episode - The Colbert Report - Comedy Channel

froggy
6th June 2008, 09:31 PM
MacBook used by the host on ABC's Collectors this evening … just before he interviewed Dr Karl, who also is a Mac head.

Cheers,
Andrew

abure
6th June 2008, 09:59 PM
on the episode of Gilmore Girls today, the Independence Inn uses an old style mac cinema display.

Doobsy
8th June 2008, 03:51 PM
Went and saw SATC movie last night with the gf.
MB as always seen in the series but I saw another black MB and didn't look like the standard case, seemed to have air-vents/grills or something...?
Also a pretty funny part of a scene including an iphone.

Joe91
8th June 2008, 10:49 PM
Was watching the rugby last night (Wales vs South Africa) and they had a shot of the Welsh coaching staff up in the box, one of them had a MBP.

rickyd
8th June 2008, 10:53 PM
Was watching About a Boy last night - Hugh Grant's apartment is made complete by a G4 Cube :)

Huckle
8th June 2008, 11:04 PM
Absolute Power, the BBC comedy with Stephen Fry is being repeated on the moment on abc1 (The series was made in 2000 i think)
would have to be the most macs i have seen in any tv show, they are every where, one office would have about 10 iMacs in it and, and everyone seems to have a iBook.

Edit: G4 iMac's

Rogerthatv2
8th June 2008, 11:04 PM
New CommSec Ad on 9HD tonight had an iPhone, Macbook Air and Macintosh featured on the ad.

Taezar
8th June 2008, 11:08 PM
Forbidden Lie$ - Documentary about Norma Khouri and her book Forbidden Love uses a macbook to show comments to the interviewees - multiple scenes.

prince
15th June 2008, 09:26 PM
Who's been playing Metal Gear Solid 4? Apple Cinema Displays, Macbook Pros and Mac Pros!

Ecto1
15th June 2008, 10:46 PM
Pete made a joke about the 3g iphone on rove live tonight. He said " I like the new 3g iphone as it is a phone a pda a ipod a camera a kettle ham and a tampon" Not really funny but yeah.

griffmiester
15th June 2008, 10:58 PM
Pete made a joke about the 3g iphone on rove live tonight. He said " I like the new 3g iphone as it is a phone a pda a ipod a camera a kettle ham and a tampon" Not really funny but yeah.

I saw that. he was also counting the different things it does on his fingers... then he slowly uncounted the last one...
hehe...

3dward_Shaddow
19th June 2008, 12:37 AM
Reading volume 3 of Marvels 'Runaways' and Girt says "And I reserve the word "evil" for very few things outside of fat-free ice cream and non-Mac computers." Love this series :)

Lutze
19th June 2008, 01:06 AM
New CommSec Ad on 9HD tonight had an iPhone, Macbook Air and Macintosh featured on the ad.

Correction.... it's an iPod touch. Though it took a woman's eye to see that one. And no, I'm no lady!

BrettJohn
19th June 2008, 02:14 AM
saw some iPhones in The Happening

Jordan M
25th June 2008, 05:46 AM
The new Get Smart Movie (went to premier @ MovieWorld), Macbook in the opening scenes and iPod Video used to listen to ABBA.

Ecto1
25th June 2008, 08:53 PM
Saw a macbook pro on home and away tonight.

mechcon
25th June 2008, 08:56 PM
Was it infected with a virus Ecto1? :P

Ecto1
26th June 2008, 10:45 AM
Well it was on home and away, and that show in it self is a virus.

wabbit
29th June 2008, 10:31 PM
In the Valley (in the Mall) in Brisbane. Walking past with friends looking for a place to grab a drink (Kaliber Bar). Saw this guy with a MBP on his lap talking to another. Funny cause its the first time i've "noticed" one while about n about. Then started wondering if they used MacTalk :P

carmster
30th June 2008, 02:32 PM
Last night in Lipstick Jungle, Brooke Shields was using a MBP.

icant
30th June 2008, 02:46 PM
White iMac is the first thing you see, in the movie "The Mist". Totally gratuitous = does not contribute to the storyline at all. :)

By the way, my movie rating on DVD: B to B minus.

lazydesi
30th June 2008, 02:47 PM
you can notice a white imac in the movie Pathology

roscoau
1st July 2008, 10:19 AM
Not going through 88 pages of posts to see if this has been discussed, sorry...

Is NCIS sponsored by Apple?? Everyone has an iPhone and Abby has a Cinema Display, though I can't see a Mac to go with it.

Peter Mount
1st July 2008, 10:27 AM
On Andrew Denton's Elders last night (Monday 30th July 2008) I spotted the Apple logo on the back of what could have been an iMac. There were flowers in the way so I only saw enough to make out the Apple logo and the top edge of the screen (from the back).

wabbit
1st July 2008, 12:54 PM
The iPrimus ad (gold coast) the family is using a MBP to search online. Haha im getting that feeling like when you buy a new car then all you seem to see is the same car out on the roads :)

rickyd
1st July 2008, 12:59 PM
Season 2 of City Homicide is still plagued with Macs :D

Jun
1st July 2008, 01:04 PM

Is NCIS sponsored by Apple?? Everyone has an iPhone and Abby has a Cinema Display, though I can't see a Mac to go with it.

Donald Bellisario is an Apple fan I read in a magazine.

uncyherb
1st July 2008, 01:07 PM

No mac... but in the first season there was also an Airport sitting in the background of Abby's office looking like it was there for decoration more than anything else.

matthewk
1st July 2008, 01:12 PM
No mac... but in the first season there was also an Airport sitting in the background of Abby's office looking like it was there for decoration more than anything else.

And a task that Apple gear is excellent for. If you have no need to use it you may as well look at it.

sectioneight
1st July 2008, 01:31 PM
I think Without a Trace is sponsored by apple too, they are always running around showing the 'suspects' photo on their iPhones

matthew858
1st July 2008, 01:47 PM
A lot of shows have Macs in them but try to hide the fact that they do.

froggy
1st July 2008, 07:36 PM
On Andrew Denton's Elders last night (Monday 30th July 2008)You're about 4.5 weeks too early ;)

cheers,
Andrew

wabbit
1st July 2008, 07:42 PM
TV Show Weeds has a bucket load of Macs :)

matthewk
3rd July 2008, 08:09 PM
How I Met Your Mother on channel 7 today, this episode. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebound_Bro) On the desk behind Stella's head at the very end of the show.

silverdreamer
3rd July 2008, 10:23 PM
Just saw a new quantas add featuring a close up of an iphone, and last night I noticed a new commonwealth Bank add that features a Macbook air and an iphone.

ninjamoeba
4th July 2008, 05:54 PM
A lot of shows have Macs in them but try to hide the fact that they do.

Isn't that annoying? When they have a little circle of paper over the Apple logo on the back, even though it's obvious what it is!

matthew858
4th July 2008, 05:57 PM
Or shows that put stickers of pears over the apple logo.

Rasta
4th July 2008, 06:06 PM
Just saw a new quantas add featuring a close up of an iphone, and last night I noticed a new commonwealth Bank add that features a Macbook air and an iphone.

I think you'll find that's an iPod touch not an iPhone...

lexiistardustx
4th July 2008, 06:11 PM
Or shows that put stickers of pears over the apple logo.

ahaha
I love how in the Chaser's War on Everything on ABC, they would put silver duct tape over the back of the MacBook Pro.

Only because they can't have product placement.
But it looks oh so tacky. :p

Rasta
4th July 2008, 06:41 PM
ahaha
I love how in the Chaser's War on Everything on ABC, they would put silver duct tape over the back of the MacBook Pro.

Only because they can't have product placement.
But it looks oh so tacky. :p

I went to their live show the other night..

The Chasers Age of Terror Variety Show

They had alot of stuff done on Keynote, although they had a skit where they called it powerpoint (I'm sure it's because most of the audience wouldn't have known what Keynote was). I recognised the backgrounds and the transition effects they used....

silverdreamer
4th July 2008, 06:58 PM
I think you'll find that's an iPod touch not an iPhone...

Sink Me!....:p my mistake.

Ps: Note the correct use of the word "Mistake".

my bad..... (WTF does that mean?), Annoys me no end.

Meh 626
4th July 2008, 07:04 PM
I went to their live show the other night..

The Chasers Age of Terror Variety Show

They had alot of stuff done on Keynote, although they had a skit where they called it powerpoint (I'm sure it's because most of the audience wouldn't have known what Keynote was). I recognised the backgrounds and the transition effects they used....

I went to that too!

I'm sure the computer wasn't a mac. Or did I miss something?

Rasta
4th July 2008, 07:06 PM
I went to that too!

I'm sure the computer wasn't a mac. Or did I miss something?

There wasn't a computer on the stage that I saw...

There was a podium and a remote slide changer they were using, but nothing else on stage (apart from the keyboard)...

matthewk
6th July 2008, 09:28 PM
On Rove tonight, the Rove daily promotion with Ryan Sheton. Shelton was sitting infront of a PC with a Aluminium Wired Keyboard hooked up to a closed MBP (he had a PC and a MBP on the desk). He then ran to a guy with a white MB.

abure
6th July 2008, 09:45 PM
in lipstick jungle, they are everywhere.

there was 5 powerbooks in a youtube video i saw about how we shouldnt use carseats for children over the age of one, we should just use an adult seat belt, the other day...that loser didnt deserve his macs!

wabbit
6th July 2008, 09:53 PM
In Knight Rider (2008) Pilot, KITT has a wireless Aluminum keyboard in the glove compartment.

silverdreamer
7th July 2008, 10:55 PM
Not sure it actually qualifies as "Mac Spotting", but.... Tonight episode of Bosteon Legal.

Jerry Espensens girlfriend dumped him for an,......iPhone! :p

Al Aero
7th July 2008, 11:00 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4

all the cut scenes are littered with them, 30inch screens, Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, Snake can use a iPod and collect tunes through out the game.

a.

Ecto1
8th July 2008, 01:40 PM
The news report of the kid who turned down the 4 hundred k a year job. Was using a macbook pro.

All so I saw a macbook pro own rove live when he was interviewing Mike Myers. It was in front of him looked like he was reading off it.

The anz ad where the chick who splits to 5 of the same girl. You see them using a macbook pro the apple logo has been removed but you know it them.

Oh and home and away use macs in all the shoots. I have seen 20" 24" imac a macbook and a macbook pro in this week alone.

matthewk
9th July 2008, 12:10 AM
The Office. Season 2, Episode 13 ("The Secret").

Ryan is talking abut how he could leave his desk in 10 sec without leaving a trace, a white MB s sitting on the desk.

MizuInOz
9th July 2008, 12:42 AM
OK... the new business ad for Commerce Bank uses an early Macintosh, and iPod and a generic (as in "I don't know the brand") mobile phone and they all morph into an iPhone (1st GEn)

Saw it in SYD when I was there for the APPL store opening and have seen it several times since.

tcimac
10th July 2008, 10:29 PM
The new Working Dog/ABC Comedy TV Show "The Hollowmen". The Central Policy Unit have iMacs on their desks.

kenneth
11th July 2008, 12:10 AM
The new Working Dog/ABC Comedy TV Show "The Hollowmen". The Central Policy Unit have iMacs on their desks.

As well as eMacs.

carmster
14th July 2008, 09:02 AM
There are iMacs and MBP's everywhere in Nim's Island.

Ecto1
14th July 2008, 09:15 AM
Was watching big love on sbs saturday night. had macbooks in it

All so in flight of the concords last night Mel's husband was using a macbook pro.

silverdreamer
16th July 2008, 06:46 PM
Free merit Badge to the first to spot a 3G iphone in an Australian program other than news, current affairs and live programing.

ie: Neighbour/City Homicide etc.

cjuiz
16th July 2008, 06:49 PM
Free merit Badge to the first to spot a 3G iphone in an Australian program other than news, current affairs and live programing.

ie: Neighbour/City Homicide etc.

Home and Away will have it first, and they'll dedicate a whole story arc to getting a virus on it, or make the phone cause the entire electricity grid of Sydney shutdown.

lexiistardustx
16th July 2008, 06:59 PM
There wasn't a computer on the stage that I saw...

There was a podium and a remote slide changer they were using, but nothing else on stage (apart from the keyboard)...

I also went to the age of terror variety hour.
It was definitely keynote.
:D
this is a sad observation, but i love it [

macrich
16th July 2008, 07:02 PM
saw a MacBook pro and a "white" iMac tonight on the latest law & order criminal intent. (reunion episode)

Philly
16th July 2008, 07:13 PM
There is an advertisment on 9 but don't quote me on that!

The ad is for a Tampon range and towards the end the backing voice says -

"And log on to www.whateverthesite.com (not really) to go in the running to, go in the running to win some cheap ass prize"

Obviously as this is said the chick pulls out a macbook and randomly punches in some keys to make it look like she's using it!

themessup
20th July 2008, 09:54 PM
I just saw one on this stupid show my sister watches - Lipstick Jungle. It was an iMac, 20" I'm pretty sure

Tom

Oh, and may I also say, Jerry Seinfeld has the 1984 Macintosh! :D

ninjamoeba
23rd July 2008, 05:37 PM
I just saw one on this stupid show my sister watches.

That's what they all say! :o

Supblek
23rd July 2008, 10:56 PM
If anyone watched Hallowmen on the ABC tonight..

They shown the iMacs in their office!

ChrisG
31st July 2008, 04:31 PM
They have started showing iPhone 3G ads in Primetime shows now more frequently now that supply is most likely back to normal.

dracomjb
31st July 2008, 09:04 PM
New Knight Rider series, the pilot has a metal wireless keyboard in KITT that flips down for input.

Beau
31st July 2008, 09:06 PM
Saw the iMacs again on Home and Away tonight - man, they have their dock taking up half the screen! It's frigging huge!

MrJesseRoss
31st July 2008, 09:39 PM
If anyone watched Hallowmen on the ABC tonight..

They shown the iMacs in their office!

Macs are all over The Hollowmen. iMacs and eMacs mostly, and a Macbook Pro was quite prominent last night. There was an iPod in the first scene of last week's ep too.

Ecto1
31st July 2008, 11:17 PM
saw a MacBook pro on mythbusters tonight

led-zep
31st July 2008, 11:23 PM
saw a covered up imac the white one on the ghost whisperer, they had did a very cheeky cover of the apple logo on the back with a post it note! also had a macbook pro in there, they logo was hidden but u could just tell

silverdreamer
31st July 2008, 11:27 PM
There was an advertisement for an online University of some sort on earlier tonight, featured a Mighty Mouse, .....in close up! :)

cosmichobo
31st July 2008, 11:31 PM
There was an advertisement for an online University of some sort on earlier tonight, featured a Mighty Mouse, .....in close up! :)

Open University... and there are iMacs visible in the wide shots. :)

markpalavra
1st August 2008, 04:27 AM
I hadn't seen an episode of Home & Away for years until tonight, for some reason my TV was on Channel 7 and I couldn't be bothered changing it. (You have to qualify a reason if you publicly admit to watching Home & Away)

I must have seen at least 6 or 7 iMacs on just tonights episode. It was funny, they were in the diner and there were two older kids on two iMacs. They must have said OK just get the kid extras playing a game in the back there, as Chess was open on both screens... but it didn't look like the kids were too interested in playing it!

bawpcwpn
1st August 2008, 07:02 AM
saw a MacBook pro on mythbusters tonight

Adam also has an iPhone and frequently uses the timer on it in the show.

Ecto1
1st August 2008, 08:22 AM
That is true.

Joe91
2nd August 2008, 01:05 AM
On the Singing Bee last night on WIN (Ch. 9) the guy on keyboard had a MBP on a stand.

NathR32
3rd August 2008, 11:24 PM
On the Singing Bee last night on WIN (Ch. 9) the guy on keyboard had a MBP on a stand.

I noticed that too :)

Ecto1
4th August 2008, 10:15 PM
On rove last night the band where using macbook pros. and i saw a mac mini on city homicide tonight.

tintinaujapon
6th August 2008, 11:53 PM
In tonight's episode 5 of The Hollowmen, Murph is using a first gen iPhone.

http://tinyurl.com/59t5vn

MrJesseRoss
7th August 2008, 01:15 AM
In tonight's episode 5 of The Hollowmen, Murph is using a first gen iPhone.

http://tinyurl.com/59t5vn

Goddamn. I was going to post that hours ago but completely forgot what I was doing when I sat down at my desk. Great spot!:thumbup:

ChrisG
8th August 2008, 06:33 PM
I was watching Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay and I spotted three scenes where they where using a Black MacBook and an iMac.

http://img.skitch.com/20080808-1gt8yyb64w5u53id5y7xba3qim.preview.jpg

http://img.skitch.com/20080808-mttdkhruyw1dyqphsr7k945d4t.preview.jpg

http://img.skitch.com/20080808-mspci6728rsmpcrfumhm71ut9k.preview.jpg

Kirium
8th August 2008, 11:27 PM
Prince Frederik of Denmark tapping away on his iPhone at the opening ceremony??

Fino_Mac
8th August 2008, 11:30 PM
^^

Haha, i thought so!

ninjamoeba
9th August 2008, 02:21 AM

Haha, yeah it sure looked like that. They cut to him at the perfect time, just as he got it out and did the unlock swipe. I think one of the athletes had one as well.

DJY
9th August 2008, 09:34 AM
I think he was a bit slow off the mark trying to take a photo with it!

markpalavra
9th August 2008, 12:35 PM
Haha, yeah it sure looked like that. They cut to him at the perfect time, just as he got it out and did the unlock swipe. I think one of the athletes had one as well.

Haha, I came here to post that... you could clearly see him do the unlock slide.

Well after all, it IS a regal product :)

Philly
9th August 2008, 12:38 PM
Hehe! I loved that moment.

AnthoMac
14th August 2008, 02:44 PM
Not sure if this has been said, or is even valid but while watching CARS on DVD:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2134/carswx2.png

smilne360
14th August 2008, 03:00 PM
the Australia west IKEA catlouge has 36 G4's, including ibooks, imacs,powerbooks and one lucky powermac.
there is only 12 dells, desktops and laptops.. thats a 3:1 ratio.

ninjamoeba
14th August 2008, 03:53 PM
And I thought *I* was Ikea obsessed!

Shintaro
14th August 2008, 05:14 PM
Burwood (NSW) RTA is using the older G4 iMac's at every teller desk.
Almost fell over when I saw them.

smilne360
14th August 2008, 05:40 PM
And I thought *I* was Ikea obsessed!

i was the unlucky sod who had to spell check the whole thing... all 387 pages...

bdude
14th August 2008, 06:41 PM
Most IKEA product names look like spelling mistakes :)

BrettJohn
14th August 2008, 07:40 PM
I've seen macs on Eureka, Criminal Minds, How I met your mother and Psych lately...

Meh 626
14th August 2008, 08:35 PM
MacBook Pro and Mac Pro spotted in Catalyst.

cjuiz
17th August 2008, 05:01 AM
In 2012, not only will the have a water shortage in Sydney, but apparently an iPhone 3G shortage.

SCORCHED TRAILER (http://blip.tv/file/1124193)

Looks like we'll be stuck with just the EDGE version. "Scorched" is a upcoming Australian tv movie on 9.

matthew858
18th August 2008, 06:54 AM
In a Myer ad, the main actor is in a car and has an iPhone.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5013/eyetvsnapshothe9.th.jpg

hillsdweller
18th August 2008, 10:57 PM
I went to a preview of Baby Mama (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0871426/) tonight...I got free tickets, ok? :o

In addition to Apple product placement (iPod, Macbook Pro, black Macbook) it also featured John Hodgman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hodgman), better known as PC from the Get a Mac ads :D.

zmit
21st August 2008, 11:34 AM
spotted: macbook pro in the commbank credit card brochure..... photoshopped the apple logo clean out of it. flat aluminium.

WoWTopia
21st August 2008, 11:52 AM
they have Apple Cinema Displays in I AM Legend

Meh 626
22nd August 2008, 07:13 PM
MacBook Air spotted in one of the Myer windows on Lonsdale Street.

paulharrop
22nd August 2008, 07:40 PM
In 2012, not only will the have a water shortage in Sydney, but apparently an iPhone 3G shortage.

SCORCHED TRAILER (http://blip.tv/file/1124193)

Looks like we'll be stuck with just the EDGE version. "Scorched" is a upcoming Australian tv movie on 9.

That's OK because the world ends in December of that year anyway.

Paul

Ecto1
24th August 2008, 09:44 AM
Well that is if you believe in the aztecs calender.

Bandersnatch
24th August 2008, 06:54 PM
I have just returned from seeing Michael Shermer speaking on "Why Darwin Matters". He used a Mac for his slideshow.

tim
24th August 2008, 07:20 PM
I thought i saw macbook pros in the Lions coaches box last night on Fox. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on them when my team won last night!

Ecto1
24th August 2008, 08:29 PM
Just spotted a macbook pro on a 60 min story.

Meh 626
24th August 2008, 08:34 PM
Apple wired keyboard and wireless keyboard spotted in Doctor Who.

thebag
24th August 2008, 08:38 PM
Apple wired keyboard and wireless keyboard spotted in Doctor Who.

Yes, when you want futuristic, what better than an Apple product.

Nicely spotted.

thebag
24th August 2008, 09:06 PM
Not sure if this was added, but on a recent rerun of NCIS on Ten, Ziva David seen pounding the key board of her wintel box and complaining that it won't do what she wants it to do, Why, because allegedly the Mossad use Macs.

scrivo21
24th August 2008, 09:25 PM
Monash uni IT dept. all use imacs ;)

willwho
24th August 2008, 09:26 PM
macbook pro on f1 now!

showing the honda commentary.

DomDom
24th August 2008, 09:29 PM
In Season 3 of Supernatural, Sam has a 15" Macbook Pro but it has a circular sticker over the Apple logo similar to the one he had in season 1 & 2. When they show screen shots it has an imitation windows desktop.

I wonder why they switch to Apple and then try and hide it. It's totally recognisable to a Mac user though.

Dom

Ecto1
25th August 2008, 09:53 AM
When stuff like that happens, it be that Apple have not authorised the user of there logo.

mab
26th August 2008, 12:26 AM
Richard Dawkins reads his email

WlJdFf3hV7I

lailaikatong
29th August 2008, 08:30 PM
Spotted on Australian Idol tonight:

Dicko using his 1st-gen iPhone to take a photo of one of the contestants...
http://img.skitch.com/20080829-tg2p4qj72sg7bwy5h867mqby9y.png

Then showed it to Kyle via (video?) call on Marcia's N73..
http://img.skitch.com/20080829-pdeayjqyunm4pcjwjdkyi22pca.png

He's using Telstra, in case anyone's interested...

edit: Just realized the judges are wearing different clothes... Naughty editing by the AU Idol production team :P

matthew858
29th August 2008, 08:32 PM
Spotted on Australian Idol tonight:

Dicko using his 1st-gen iPhone to take a photo of one of the contestants...
http://img.skitch.com/20080829-tg2p4qj72sg7bwy5h867mqby9y.png

Then showed it to Kyle via (video?) call on Marcia's N73..
http://img.skitch.com/20080829-pdeayjqyunm4pcjwjdkyi22pca.png

He's using Telstra, in case anyone's interested...

Dicko was just displaying the image on his screen of the contestant while they called Kyle on Marsha's phone.

Davies
29th August 2008, 09:03 PM
Monash uni IT dept. all use imacs ;)

I notice that as well. When I'm in Caulfield campus's B building labs and level 6 on H I noticed many of the offices have iMac G5's and some guy as a 30" Cinema Display hooked up to a Mac Mini.

Kyle-K
30th August 2008, 01:12 AM
Eureka.S03E05.HDTV Axiotron™ Modbook™ (http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Modbook)

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8313/picture1dd6.png
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4682/picture2xs4.png
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/7743/picture3hs0.png
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7885/picture4ui2.png
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5406/picture5xo0.png
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9716/picture6je3.png

Ecto1
31st August 2008, 09:17 PM
Just spotted two Apple Cinema displays and a 3g iphone on scorched.

roscoau
31st August 2008, 10:13 PM
Dr Who last week and tonight (31-8) had a whole lot of the new keyboards being used.

WhiteiPhone
31st August 2008, 10:48 PM
Just spotted two Apple Cinema displays and a 3g iphone on scorched.

they where also using a itouch for a gps system in that girls car

inrainbows
31st August 2008, 11:38 PM
In a Myer ad, the main actor is in a car and has an iPhone.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5013/eyetvsnapshothe9.th.jpg

Anyone notice when she "calls" someone it is still on the numberpad screen :eek::eek::eek:

vics
3rd September 2008, 11:21 AM
dunno if it's already been mentioned (it's a really big thread!!) - i did a search and didn't find it, but I just watched Stephen Fry's The Secret Life Of The Manic Depressive from 2006 and (like there always is when he is involved) there are heaps of macs to be seen all over the doco.

Lutze
3rd September 2008, 11:24 AM
Anyone notice when she "calls" someone it is still on the numberpad screen :eek::eek::eek:

That's pretty standard, because the screen goes off when you call someone properly the tv folks have to find a way of making it look like it's on :)

Madone
4th September 2008, 11:40 PM
Spotted some MB's in the 2009 IKEA catalogue

edit: also seen a MBP and an iMac

simplynick
5th September 2008, 02:22 AM
ANZ has taken a page out of apple's ads and started promoting their iPhone web app.

Ecto1
6th September 2008, 09:08 AM
I am watching Wall-E with my niece. And I noticed the film contains numerous references to Apple.

when WALL-E is fully charged by the sun, he makes the same "boot up" sound that most of Apple's Macintosh computers have made since circa 1996. -WALL-E watches his favorite movie every night on the screen of an iPod -The villainous Autopilot's voice is provided by Apple's text-to-speech system, MacinTalk -EVE's sleek design as an evolution of WALL-E's parallels the sleek iMac design having evolved from the boxy, beige Apple IIe. Steve Jobs, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Computer, was CEO of Pixar until its acquisition by Disney in 2005, and as a shareholder and member of the Disney Board of Directors is still actively involved with the company.

WALL&#183;E (2008) - Trivia (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910970/trivia)

Joe91
7th September 2008, 12:09 PM
Watched Star Wars: Robot Chicken last night, and one of the special features was "behind the scenes" - all of the writers were using Mac notebooks, a few MBP's and one MB.

moo
7th September 2008, 12:59 PM
Just this minute saw the 1000th episode of Landline on ABCTV. Presenter sitting in front of the editor using FCP and a number of Apple displays

Totti
8th September 2008, 11:57 AM
Saw the ANZ iPhone app whilst watching the footy at work. Was really good i thought.

Ecto1
8th September 2008, 12:40 PM
Saw a macbook pro Could off been an air and a black macbook in the same ep of csi miami last night.

bdude
9th September 2008, 09:06 AM
My nan saw the ANZ iPhone app ad and told me that "ANZ have a new thing out, it's not a phone though because you can turn it around"

good ad though

kenneth
9th September 2008, 07:34 PM
A few Macs (Macbook and Macbook Pro's) appearing on the Paralympics. Mainly used by the media.

Tragedies
9th September 2008, 08:50 PM
Saw a Macbook Pro on tonight's episode of NCIS. XD

NathR32
10th September 2008, 12:10 AM
Saw a Macbook Pro on tonight's episode of NCIS. XD

lol was just about to post that. :)

Ecto1
10th September 2008, 09:18 AM
Saw a macbook pro on bones monday night. They tryed to block the apple logo, but you could make out the top half of the logo.

cjuiz
11th September 2008, 09:45 PM
On Ghost Whisperer they use a MacBook Pro running Windows Vista.

Aco
13th September 2008, 01:18 AM
Entourage was a 26 minute Apple advertisement.

Ari's firm finally got the Aluminium Mac's, Drama flashing the apple logo from his 17" MBP while talking to his girl on iChat i presume.

wabbit
13th September 2008, 08:25 AM
Entourage was a 26 minute Apple advertisement.

Ari's firm finally got the Aluminium Mac's, Drama flashing the apple logo from his 17" MBP while talking to his girl on iChat i presume.

Completely agree (season 5 episode 1). It was alittle to much at some points for me. I kept thinking alright whats going on? Why is the camera always showing an Apple product. :D

tcimac
13th September 2008, 08:54 AM
Brisbane Lions coaching staff use MBPs. Have them sitting in front of them in the coach's box, when camera focuses on them during games.

Ecto1
14th September 2008, 06:10 PM
The new castrol ad has a macbook pro in it. If you blink you will miss it.

Beau
14th September 2008, 10:40 PM
One of the guys on Seven's "Morning Show" (wtf worst show ever - 2hrs of advertising and crap) pulled out his iPhone to show everyone pictures of his daughter.

NathR32
14th September 2008, 10:41 PM
1st Gen iPhone on CSI: Miami tonight.

iJordie
16th September 2008, 07:51 PM
Austin Powers Goldmember- PowerMac G4 Quicksilver

Tragedies
16th September 2008, 08:49 PM
1st gen iPhone on tonight's episode of NCIS (about twenty minutes into the episode).

Lutze
25th September 2008, 08:43 AM
How To Lose Friends and Alienate People (Not yet released here) Simon Pegg using at least a couple of cinema display screens and an old Pro (white) keyboard. Lots of Mac screens in the film.

james the 2nd
25th September 2008, 08:51 AM
"Wall-E"

A number references, including a very cool one that belongs to Wall-E.. I don't want to give any away spoilers though in case you plan on checking it out..

Excellent movie btw.

rick_au
25th September 2008, 07:30 PM
biggest ad for apple, watching the end of home and away and some guy was using a imac at a school and says to some other guy that his computer at home has a virus

Lachie
25th September 2008, 08:16 PM
Sports tonight. the host had an MBA in front of him. (it was probably off)

Tragedies
26th September 2008, 09:09 PM
White Macbook running Tiger on Meet the Fockers.

Edit: And the old lamp iMac xD

coolkid092
26th September 2008, 09:15 PM
The Apple Ad's played every 15mins at McDonalds in Wagga...

Also in the movie Wall-E -he makes the sound when macs start up (the TAH sound)...

Sex in the city movie- Samatha has a 1st gen iPhone

Home & Away at the diner and the hospital and a few macbooks floating around...

Ecto1
26th September 2008, 09:21 PM
Theres more then one Apple ref in Wall-E

adamd
26th September 2008, 09:35 PM
Gene Simmons Family Jewels.
They have MacBook Pro's and iPhone 1G's :)

froggy
27th September 2008, 11:42 AM
The Apple Ad's played every 15mins at McDonalds in Wagga...

Which one?
(My son's just started working at the one in Forsyth St)

Cheers,
Andrew

chuck981996
27th September 2008, 04:20 PM
I've noticed there is only macs and iPods on Home and Away.

DomDom
27th September 2008, 05:34 PM
In the movie Sleuth, with Michael Caine and Jude Law, he uses an apple remote to operate all his home electric gadgets.

Dom

lazydesi
27th September 2008, 05:41 PM
AFL 2008 winners Hawthorns are using macbook pro

Ecto1
27th September 2008, 09:42 PM
In the new series of knight ridder kit has a mac keyboard built in the glovebox.

Blue Water Boy
27th September 2008, 10:01 PM

NCIS has lots of apple candy ;-D

macnwindows
27th September 2008, 10:42 PM
I think Will Smith was using a MacBook Pro and ACDs in 'I am a Legend'.

LevMac
28th September 2008, 10:29 AM
I think Will Smith was using a MacBook Pro and ACDs in 'I am a Legend'.

Affirmative :thumbup:

Steiny
28th September 2008, 11:17 AM
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo (get that into ya) The Movie 2:

http://steiny.futariba.com/stuff/kochikamemac.jpg

Ecto1
29th September 2008, 08:07 PM
Rove last night there where a few imacs and a macbook pro in Ryan's promo for rove daly.

matthew858
29th September 2008, 08:39 PM
Rove last night there where a few imacs and a macbook pro in Ryan's promo for rove daly.

Just about to post that. They were very visible as well:D.

Philly
29th September 2008, 08:45 PM
Prison Break Season 4.

The Asian Cracker uses what seems to be a Macbook Pro (Runs OSX) but the Apple Logo is always covered by a Jar/Books/Packet of Chips/Gun.

And for the record, he also uses a nifty little handmade device that sucks data from any device within range of it, so the cracker can use this information for self benefit.

The device is used to suck data from Scylla - A series of 6 cards that contain all data about the "company" which is trying to destroy America's democracy and benefit from rebuilding it.

And in other news...

coolkid092
29th September 2008, 09:04 PM
Which one?
(My son's just started working at the one in Forsyth St)

Cheers,
Andrew

Yeap its the forsyth st one...

Carve
29th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Neighbours use them all the time

also in scrubs where Dr. Cox was talking to his son on iChat on a MBP running Tiger

rick_au
30th September 2008, 05:00 PM
some crime show last night on channel 7, they raided a house and seized a apple crt monitor(not a imac)

zbaron
30th September 2008, 07:07 PM
Southpark, on SBS last night. All of the computers (except the one on the news) were showing a Safari window when the Internet went down. Shelly was also "iChatting" with her boyfriend.

WindowsVista
30th September 2008, 08:31 PM
On the latest Simpsons ep, iPod's took over the world.

matthew858
30th September 2008, 08:35 PM
On the latest Simpsons ep, iPod's took over the world.

Channel 10? 7:30PM or 8PM? I recorded them both but want to know which one to watch first.

WindowsVista
30th September 2008, 10:02 PM
It was the 8pm ep, right at the end (like the last 10 sec of the show)!

Also: Macbook Pro's and ACD featured in "Packed to the Rafters" tonight.

rick_au
30th September 2008, 10:42 PM
not the first time the simpsons have had ipod reference, there was another one named "diePod" a while ago which deplicted a 1st generation ipod. I tried finding a copy of the video but all of them had been pulled because of copyright reasons

Akshunhiro
30th September 2008, 10:47 PM
Mac Pro's in Fringe

WindowsVista
1st October 2008, 08:08 PM
iPhone 1st gen in Two and a Half men. Charlie had it...

Ecto1
1st October 2008, 08:19 PM
White macbook on home and away.

Tragedies
1st October 2008, 09:41 PM
ACD on Fringe.

macnwindows
1st October 2008, 09:57 PM
ACD on Fringe.

I was going to post this and the 1st Gen iPhone on two and a half men :(

One more, the Optus wireless broadband ad shows MBP.

WindowsVista
1st October 2008, 10:03 PM
Macbook Pro's, iMac's and an older style cube Mac on The Hollowmen (ABC)

Tragedies
2nd October 2008, 12:14 AM
Heh, I tend to post fast in this thread since I just use EyeTV to watch TV so MacTalk ain't far xD

Lachie
2nd October 2008, 01:37 AM
i saw a wireless optus add and it featured an MBP. USING WINDOWS?????

PeterS
2nd October 2008, 10:05 AM
I'm sure the ABC ad for the iView program shows a person using an Apple Mighty Mouse.

But the iView web site is a little behind the times as it states that the program is best viewed with a PowerMac.

Apoptosis
2nd October 2008, 11:57 AM
White macbook on home and away.

Duuuuude....

Probably already mentioned, but the old school mac in Chuck. That show is full of the bloody things.

Aco
3rd October 2008, 07:19 PM
In the new ahh Jenny Hendrix video, she uses a new iMac at the begining, with the apple logo blurred out.

petecario
4th October 2008, 09:51 AM
They have Macbook Pro's on that "Find My Family" show on 7.

altflood3r
4th October 2008, 11:06 AM
Macbook's and Macbook Pros on Miami Vice (the movie)

matthew858
4th October 2008, 05:35 PM
In Disaster Movie, Amy Winehouse pulls a Macbook Air out of her hair, then goes onto Facebook.

LarryH
4th October 2008, 05:37 PM
In Wall-E, when he boots up by solar power, you hear the Mac boot up sound. Bong!

cmrn
4th October 2008, 05:43 PM
In Wall-E, when he boots up by solar power, you hear the Mac boot up sound. Bong!
hmmm.... lets see what searching this thread for "wall-e" gives us: MacTalk Forums (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/search.php?searchid=63356) ;)

WoWTopia
4th October 2008, 06:33 PM
Mac Pro, Cinema Displays in I Am Legend

Ecto1
4th October 2008, 08:53 PM
hmmm.... lets see what searching this thread for "wall-e" gives us: MacTalk Forums (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/search.php?searchid=63356) ;)

The link dident work. try here (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/21/46-mac-spotting-95.html#post628474)

mvjs
4th October 2008, 08:58 PM
I saw an ad for a new movie called "Burn after Reading" and when this Russian is handed a CD he asks, "PC or Mac?". Would be interesting to see the context of that.

matthew858
4th October 2008, 09:41 PM
In the episode of the Office titled "Weight Loss", Pam walks into a university lecture with at least 40-50 Macbooks owned by the students.

SSUteboy
4th October 2008, 09:48 PM
I am watching dogball and just sore a a macbook or ibook on the table in globao gym ha ha

NathR32
5th October 2008, 10:28 AM
MBP in Two Weeks Notice. Right at the end on the desk in the Legal Aid office.

remhh
5th October 2008, 12:06 PM
Littered all through the latest season of entourage

cjuiz
5th October 2008, 12:13 PM
Duuuuude....

Probably already mentioned, but the old school mac in Chuck. That show is full of the bloody things.

Yeah, the season premiere of Chuck featured an iPhone and an original Macintosh 128k (which was being used as a super computer for the US government, HAHA).

WindowsVista
5th October 2008, 02:46 PM
MBP on random SBS show..
Page 100 :D

Chief911
6th October 2008, 04:52 PM
definitely saw a mac in calificornation last night, think it was a MBA.

mcargy08
6th October 2008, 05:00 PM
One tree hill tv show in the us uses apple products. From MBP, al iMac to iPhone. :-)

dinoo
8th October 2008, 06:16 PM
Anyone watching American Dad? Today's (US) episode was ridden with Apple products and references;

Rojer had an iPhone (2G)
Rojer made reference to a Johnny Appleseed (see demo videos on Apple.com)
Rojer stated "I'm too young to die, and I still have 2 years left on my AppleCare".

WTF is up with all the swipes at Apple?

bobbob
9th October 2008, 01:01 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned (search doesn't appear to be working?) but the protagonist of the Secret Diary of a Call Girl - Hannah/Belle (Billie Piper), a prostitute, uses a MacBook. Can be seen in the last episode of the first season and probably others. Talk about market proliferation if working girls are now switching to mac. :)

mechcon
9th October 2008, 01:19 PM
Anyone watching American Dad? Today's (US) episode was ridden with Apple products and references;

Rojer had an iPhone (2G)
Rojer made reference to a Johnny Appleseed (see demo videos on Apple.com)
Rojer stated "I'm too young to die, and I still have 2 years left on my AppleCare".

WTF is up with all the swipes at Apple?

It's not the first time.. when Francine thought she killed her best friend, and moved to India, she was teaching the kids there to speak english.. in particular "Thank you for calling Apple Tech support".

And an earlier episode like back in Season 1, the church outside had this banner:
"The Holy Bible: The REAL Powerbook".

I think the swipes are great :D

altflood3r
9th October 2008, 01:24 PM
On Sunday nights WWE No Mercy Special event , HHH used a iPhone 1st gen

zbaron
9th October 2008, 02:36 PM
On Sunday nights WWE No Mercy Special event , HHH used a iPhone 1st gen

The commentators usually have a MacBook Pro in front of them too. Ironic, given the videos on wwe.com require Windows fsking Media to play. :mad:

Ecto1
9th October 2008, 08:31 PM
Spotted a 20" imac on tonights ep of heroes.

rick_au
10th October 2008, 11:13 AM
also noticed a cinema display on heroes.

Tragedies
12th October 2008, 09:26 PM
ACD, previous gen white Apple keyboard and mighty mouse on Californication.

Ecto1
14th October 2008, 11:19 AM
The Frankston Leader is giving away iphones.