PDA

View Full Version : iinet problems anyone?

happyfrogcow
12th July 2008, 11:25 AM
is anyone having major trouble trying to connect to the internet with iinet? mine keeps cutting in and out. I know there were issues last night but on the website it says they fixed. lol.

adamd
12th July 2008, 11:26 AM
I had bulk problems last night, it was slow at getting to a few sites this morning. I'm at work at the moment, and I dont know who we're with.

tintinaujapon
12th July 2008, 11:35 AM
I've had those kinds of troubles with iiNet on and off for the last few weeks, but everything seems to be fine for me just at this moment.

Al Aero
12th July 2008, 11:36 AM
Sorry my bad, been heavy downloading *Nightly Linux Builds* ;) ;)

Seriously tho..

All working on my end here..

a.

happyfrogcow
12th July 2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry my bad, been heavy downloading *Nightly Linux Builds* ;) ;)

Seriously tho..

All working on my end here..

a.

idiot.. lol. seriously you cant speak to anyone, the queue time is over an hour.

blakat
12th July 2008, 11:43 AM
I was having issues last night, it appeard to be DNS related issues probably to do with their rebuild of some of their DNS servers due to the over hyped DNS security issues. I did a full reset on my connection to get the auto DNS re-allocated properly and it came good.

Al Aero
12th July 2008, 11:46 AM
idiot.. lol. seriously you cant speak to anyone, the queue time is over an hour.

Joke matey Joke :)

a.

happyfrogcow
12th July 2008, 11:50 AM
Joke matey Joke :)

a.

i know, me too.

EDIT: i can can onto mactalk.com.au fine, but every other site is the luck of the draw.

colbsi
12th July 2008, 11:55 AM
Oh curses! I hope my father doesn't contact me about that the internet isn't working. *slaps her forehead*
It's great that I don't live at home, but not so great that I'm always the "support" person when it comes to computer and internet connection problems.

adamd
12th July 2008, 01:24 PM
Oh curses! I hope my father doesn't contact me about that the internet isn't working. *slaps her forehead*
It's great that I don't live at home, but not so great that I'm always the "support" person when it comes to computer and internet connection problems.

I get that too.

Sometimes I just wish everyone was on a Mac, and had screen sharing.

=== Example Tech Support Call ===
"click on the wi-fi menu, it's 4 bars, that will be grey, as you're not connected to the internet"
"There's no wifi menu, the screen is black, and the keyboard/mouse arent working."
"is your computer even on?"
"ahhhh... thanks"