PDA

View Full Version : iPhone - todos and alarms - WTF?

dagaz
12th July 2008, 09:07 AM
Hi, I've only been playing around with the iPhone for less than 24 hours so it's possible I've somehow missed these, but there are two things I consider essential that I haven't been able to find in the iPhone that both my 4G iPod and my 2 y.o. Sony Ericcson can do - sync my iCal todos and set a wake-up alarm.

1) todos - with all the new system-wide todo's in Leopard I thought todos on the iPhone would be a sure thing. I've even had a look in the App Store, but none of the todo apps listed there mention syncing with iCal.

2) alarms - how come my old iPod with no built-in speaker can be used as an alarm clock, but my new fangled iPhone can't?

Also 3) I've seen mentioned heaps of other places so I knew this was to be expected - no video in the camera - what is Apple's game here?

dt
12th July 2008, 09:09 AM
for 2) try looking in "Clock"

dolbinau
12th July 2008, 09:13 AM
Hi,

I don't know if this is just me but looking at the frame rate of the camera when you are trying to take a still picture recording video might not work.

There seems to be a lot of little features missing e.g can't view podcast descriptions which would be useful :).

dagaz
12th July 2008, 09:25 AM
for 2) try looking in "Clock"
D'oh, that was obvious. I somehow missed the Clock app completely - first time I really noticed it was after reading your post. However, it appears you can only select from a limited selection of sounds for the alarm, what happened to being able to select your iTunes library?

fionaw
12th July 2008, 09:30 AM
I was expecting the no iCal sync with my to do list. If anyone knows of any app that will do the sAme please share.

macrich
12th July 2008, 09:32 AM
D'oh, that was obvious. I somehow missed the Clock app completely - first time I really noticed it was after reading your post. However, it appears you can only select from a limited selection of sounds for the alarm, what happened to being able to select your iTunes library?

It uses your ringtones section for the alarm. Try adding the sound you want by making a ringtone. You can use Garageband for this.

Phase
12th July 2008, 02:45 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this is just me but looking at the frame rate of the camera when you are trying to take a still picture recording video might not work.

There seems to be a lot of little features missing e.g can't view podcast descriptions which would be useful :).

With that, I think it's because it's taking a GPS reading for the geo-tagging, which hogs the processor for a bit.

Maticks
12th July 2008, 02:52 PM
i wish i was a light sleeper the volume on the iphone 3G isnt that loud it must be in the same room with you at all times.
even when it rings its quiet as hell.

dolbinau
12th July 2008, 03:00 PM
Speaking of geotagging, how exactly does it work? How do I know if it is enables or not, how can I change it and, how can I view the tags :S?

dathnoth
12th July 2008, 08:20 PM
you can disable tagging in settings>general>location services

as for viewing them. im guess when uploaded to computer you can "get info" might have some tags there?
i turned mine off so i haven't tried