PDA

View Full Version : January update software Ipod touch: LOST

basseyy
11th July 2008, 08:29 PM
Hi guys, recently I reinstalled leopard, but forgot to save the january software update for my Ipod touch...it's installed on the ipod, but I no longer have the installation file. I explained this to apple and got this response

"Thank you for purchasing from the iTunes Store. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I am unable to add the January upgrade software back to your account.
The iTunes Store is not responsible for the loss of purchases and encourages customers to back up their hard disks regularly. If an item needs to be replaced, you can restore your purchases from the backup and avoid the need to purchase replacement copies of titles from your collection."

I don't have a back up of it Apple!!!! Can anyone point me to where might be able to download it again, I don't really want to purchase it again.

thanks in advance
-basseyy-

Huy
11th July 2008, 08:31 PM
This won't help you, but they are not making it available anymore.

It is actually integrated with the 2.0 firmware update, to be released soon.

I would just update to that and pay the $10 or whatever it is on the iPod touch, then you can have the latest (2.0 firmware) as well as the January update included for 'free'.

Hope that helps you basseyy.

basseyy
11th July 2008, 08:32 PM
This won't help you, but they are not making it available anymore.

It is actually integrated with the 2.0 firmware update, to be released soon.

I would just update to that and pay the $10 or whatever it is on the iPod touch, then you can have the latest (2.0 firmware) as well as the January update included for 'free'.

Hope that helps you basseyy.

Oh thats a much better idea....thanks Huy !!!;)

santapj
11th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Well, if you were thinking of buying the 2.0 firmware update, just wait a day for that.

Of course, you could always jailbreak your iPod. I used a program called iJailbreak (http://ijailbreak.com/) and it installed the January upgrade for me, completely free. If you weren't thinking of buying 2.0, perhaps this may be a solution?

edit: beaten by not much at all...

basseyy
11th July 2008, 08:35 PM
Well, if you were thinking of buying the 2.0 firmware update, just wait a day for that.

Of course, you could always jailbreak your iPod. I used a program called iJailbreak (http://ijailbreak.com/) and it installed the January upgrade for me, completely free. If you weren't thinking of buying 2.0, perhaps this may be a solution?

edit: beaten by not much at all...

ooooohhhhhhhhhhh, naughty but nice !!!! I might have a squizz at that as well!!!!!