PDA

View Full Version : are iphone applications transferable?

wolfie
10th July 2008, 08:35 PM
i know its most likley anyones guess, but lets say you have a iphone, and for some reason it breaks, lose it etc... and replace it, does this mean all the money and applications you downloaded are gone, or somehow replaced onto the new iphne?

also interesting for current 1st gen users who may eventually get a 3g iphone, if transferring can be done.

Paris
10th July 2008, 08:37 PM
Apps are tied to the iTunes/Apple Account - so you can put them on whatever phones you own. I think.

MacMatt
10th July 2008, 08:47 PM
Same as Music, ... if it's in your iTunes, .. then safe, ... lose iTunes/ computer, ... then your fucked.

JonoXplor
10th July 2008, 09:08 PM
Same as Music, ... if it's in your iTunes, .. then safe, ... lose iTunes/ computer, ... then your fucked.

backups ftw

Edd
10th July 2008, 09:09 PM
Isn't it tied to the account? So you can re-download it onto an authorised computer?

Dust For Eyes
10th July 2008, 09:33 PM
I have noticed when I downloaded the same app on my Windows machine after downloading it on my Mac that it game me the, You Have Already Downloaded This, message.

I have also been able to copy and paste app files using Finder.

Pookster
11th July 2008, 08:24 AM
So just to clarify, if I'm waiting for the next batch of 16GB iPhones at my local store, but I'm impatient, I should be able to download apps to iTunes, load them onto my Touch and then when the iPhones come in, I can transfer that purchase to the new iPhone? I just don't wanna have to buy two copies of Super Monkey Ball ;)

EDIT: Sorry, reading the above posts again, it's pretty obvious what the answer to that is!