PDA

View Full Version : Domain.com.au now available on your Apple iPhone

Antonino Giglio
10th July 2008, 06:10 PM
Does anyone knows if it is the normal website or it is a special service for the iPhone?

Real Estate @ domain.com.au (http://www.domain.com.au/Public/ContentDisplay.aspx?contentid=mobile_iPhone)

Huy
10th July 2008, 06:14 PM
Try this:

http://m.domain.com.au

It's just their mobile version, the link above is for non-iPhone users.

For iPhone users, I suspect they are rendering the same Domain homepage. Nothing different.

El Guardo
10th July 2008, 06:25 PM
Wow. They only managed to get two large ads onto your screen for the mobile site. We should be grateful, right?

Antonino Giglio
10th July 2008, 07:23 PM
Try this:

http://m.domain.com.au

It's just their mobile version, the link above is for non-iPhone users.

For iPhone users, I suspect they are rendering the same Domain homepage. Nothing different.

I hope not, in the email I've receivd they clearly state that:

"No iPhone? No worries
If you donít have an iPhone, you can still search for properties on Domain Mobile using a web enabled handset. Log into m.domain.com.au or enter your mobile number "

And they also stated that you would connect to domain.com.au with the iPhone, not to m.domain.com.au

Huy
10th July 2008, 07:45 PM
Yes that's what I said above.

The m.domain link is for non-iPhone users.

If you have an iPhone, it will appear exactly as it does for the Safari web browser on a Mac.

If you use an iPhone, you will still go to Domain.com.au and it loads the same way, just condensed to 3.5". Ask an iPhone or iPod touch user to navigate to the Domain homepage. It will look the same.

Antonino Giglio
10th July 2008, 10:57 PM
Yes that's what I said above.

The m.domain link is for non-iPhone users.

If you have an iPhone, it will appear exactly as it does for the Safari web browser on a Mac.

If you use an iPhone, you will still go to Domain.com.au and it loads the same way, just condensed to 3.5". Ask an iPhone or iPod touch user to navigate to the Domain homepage. It will look the same.

So when they say that you can call the agent from the iPhone or other things interactive does it mean that is the iPhone capability and not their software? Thanks, I think now I understood... :p

Huy
10th July 2008, 11:12 PM
The iPhone can do that. Just like you can click on an email (mailto) link on a webpage and it fires up Mail.app, the iPhone recognises phone numbers and you can click on it (touch) and it'll dial the number.

It's not something special that Domain does, it's actually part of the iPhone and being able to auto-detect (data-detectors) info such as phone numbers, dates, etc.

Antonino Giglio
11th July 2008, 12:28 AM
Ohhh that is cool!!! Thanks!!!

drzeus
27th September 2008, 09:57 AM
What a CROCK of Sh%#t this so callled iPhone customised page is. Domain has promoted the crap out of it and it is effectively their normal page rendered in iPhone's browsers, complete with all the Java/Flash/Ads and 1min loading time!! It constantly hangs the browser...

What a botched opportunity this was... their mobile site (m.domain.com.au) is much better but it lacks the ability to log into your account and check your shortlists etc!! WTF?