PDA

View Full Version : Quick & Easy MobileMe Question (I hope)

gehenna
10th July 2008, 06:10 AM
I've done a lot of reading on MobileMe, even bought the thing when pre-orders opened. One thing I can't seem to find an answer on is this:

Can I use iWeb to create a site, and upload it to my MobileMe cloud space the same way you could with .Mac? I see a lot of info on Gallery's and stuff, but nothing has stood out saying that you can use your storage space as website hosting as you could in the past. Hopefully someone here can give me a quick yes or no :)

Thanks
G.

macrich
10th July 2008, 06:12 AM
The answer would be yes.
MobileMe is simply a name change from .Mac with a few added features and only a couple of missing features.
The added features are the push stuff and the missing features will be icards and web access to bookmarks.

gehenna
10th July 2008, 06:13 AM
lovely, thanks macrich - my girlfriend will be a lot happier now that i've had her wait for a month to find someone to host her site :)

macrich
10th July 2008, 06:15 AM
Pleasure :)
I think there'd be a lot of really pissed people in the world if they no longer allowed you to publish websites through iWeb to MobileMe.

For anyone else that stumbles along this as well, the other "new" features are of course the @me accounts, cheaper pricing and a storage bump from the current .Mac capacities.