PDA

View Full Version : Airport issue

klif
7th July 2008, 08:41 PM
Reasonably inexperienced with use of the Airport on my brand new macbook pro, been running OS X on a Hackintosh until this point.

I run a home wireless network details of which are
- Hidden SSID
- MAC Filtering
- WPA2-PSK

I have successfully joined the wireless network and told the network preferences to remember the connection details.

The network shows as #1 in my list of preferred networks.

However when I restart or power up, it doesn't seem to rejoin the network. If i go through all the setup again it will but then I end up with two entries in the list of remembered networks.

Anyone else had this?

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Huy
7th July 2008, 08:43 PM
Maybe re-enable showing SSID?

Sometimes my iMac/MacBook Air has issues coming out of sleep and connecting (or reconnecting) to the AirPort network.

It works after a while, or if I turn off AirPort and turn it back on again, or manually select the network and enter in the (saved) password details/hit OK.

Running 10.5.4?

klif
7th July 2008, 08:56 PM
I would prefer the network to remain hidden no other devices have problems with it being hidden, eg. Windows Mobile PDA, Xbox via game adaptor, iPod Touch, etc.

Yes I have just finished installing the 10.5.4 combo update and all other software updates, machine came with 10.5.2.

klif
8th July 2008, 12:03 AM
Ok I used 'Keychain Access' to remove all traces of my home network as suggested in a forum thread I found via google.

I have also enabled the broadcast of my SSID.

I have created a network location called 'Home - Wireless' and configured the wireless network, setting the service order so Airport is at the top.

The machine now is able to go into sleep mode and back again it will join the wireless network correctly.

Was quit a bit of messing around and I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get it to work with a hidden SSID when Apple's own iPod Touch has no such issues!

Huy
8th July 2008, 12:04 AM
Glad you got it fixed.

:)

klif
8th July 2008, 12:21 AM
While it works, I wouldn't call it fixed.

The MacBook Pro cannot work when the SSID is hidden
- however Windows devices can
- however an iPod Touch can

Strikes me leopard still has some bugs to be worked out with regards to its wireless functionality, this view is expressed in many threads found on google too.