PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed with Office/Word 08

ba2991
5th July 2008, 03:59 PM
HI all, I am trying to put my address in a letter top right hand side and having difficulty with it. How do I get the address to stay on the right hand side and the there is to much spacing between the lines after hitting return key..

chrsha01
5th July 2008, 04:04 PM
Try using one of the installed templates.

Tom125
5th July 2008, 04:18 PM
The default paragraph spacing in Word 2008 is set to spacing of 10pt after each paragraph.

To change this go to "Format" on the menu bar, choose "Paragraph", select the "Indents and Spacing" tab, and change "Spacing After" to 0pt.

To get your address on the right hand side either use tabs, or insert a text box ("Insert" on the menu bar, then "Text Box" then draw it out where you want it with the mouse.

You might have to change the paragraph settings in the text box too.

I'd suggest changing the "Normal" style so that it doesn't have the 10pt spacing if you don't want it and then it will never happen again. "Format" -> "Style..." -> "Normal" -> "Modify" -> "Paragraph" (bottom left of pop up box) -> "Spacing After" to 0pt and then save.

You could also save your letter template as a .dot and then it will appear in your templates for future use.

ba2991
5th July 2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks Tom123 - works brilliantly and I will have a look at some of the temps, Regards:D