PDA

View Full Version : VMware Fusion and IIS

stuey_boy
4th July 2008, 11:03 AM
Hi,

New to mac, so bare with me if I sound like an idiot! :)

I have VMware Fusion and want to run IIS (ASP.NET) on it so I can do some development work with Dreamweaver CS3...

Question is, can I set up IIS within Windows on VMware Fusion and be able to directly link to it from Dreamweaver CS3 within OSX?

IIS would obviously be set to localhost as standard within Windows and VMware Fusion, i'm just not sure where to go after that...

I'd ideally like to be able to run VMWare Fusion and Windows (Server or XP with IIS) as a little testing platform, before uploading the content to an actual windows based server on the www...

And although I will be looking at PHP on CS3 as well (i'm sure life will be easier on mac with that), I have to use ASP.NET for this particular project...

Thanks

decryption
4th July 2008, 11:05 AM
You sure can do that :)
Just enter the IP address of the VM in your browser in OS X and you'll see the IIS server.

If you want to do PHP development though, don't use IIS - use Apache on Linux!

AndyWR
4th July 2008, 11:06 AM
Hi there,

I believe that you should be able to do it no probs, but you'll need to change the network config of the VM to user you networks DHCP server... After that, it will just appear to the network as another device, and you should be able to make your web calls no probs... probably give it an static address too, to prevent it from changing everytime you reboot the Vm

I hope this helps.

Andy

stuey_boy
4th July 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the reply's...

Will look into it, and see how it all goes... Might come back with potentially stupid questions later :)

Thanks!